Game 4: Post yr predictions

I just read that Teppo is out for tonight <_<

Sadly that means 3 of our 6 D-men are average to below average. I hate to say this and come off as negative, but I dont think the Sabres have the strength to pull it off tonight. The injuries will catch up to them methinks.

Just wont be our night, I cant see us pulling out a win.

And I HATE saying that, I feel sick just typing it out.

I don't know why anyone would bet against the Sabres at this point. Carolina is an excellent team, but they now have a bit of a goaltender controversy and are, in my opinion, saying the wrong things to the press (i.e., implying that they're the dominant team and were just victimized by penalties in Game 3). I believe they still underestimate the Sabres, and the injuries to Buffalo's D may have the effect of making the Canes that much more overconfident -- and thus susceptible to lapses in concentration and focus. Add it all up, and Buffalo might actually win this one by 2 or 3 goals.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. <_<

GO SABRES!!!

I don't know why anyone would bet against the Sabres at this point.  Carolina is an excellent team, but they now have a bit of a goaltender controversy and are, in my opinion, saying the wrong things to the press (i.e., implying that they're the dominant team and were just victimized by penalties in Game 3).  I believe they still underestimate the Sabres, and the injuries to Buffalo's D may have the effect of making the Canes that much more overconfident -- and thus susceptible to lapses in concentration and focus.  Add it all up, and Buffalo might actually win this one by 2 or 3 goals.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.  :blink:

GO SABRES!!!

698659[/snapback]

I'd rather have their "Should we start the capable Ward or the capable Gerber?" goaltender "controversy" than our "Should we start Janek or Paetsch?" defenseman controversy. <_<

Sabres are too injured to take this one...the Sabres don't generate enough offense tonight, due to too much of the game being played in their zone, to match Carolina's production against a weakened defense.

What the hell is wrong with you people?

The Sabres have only lost in the playoffs this year when they don't have their heads in the game (after the 2-0 lead against Philly, after the 3-0 lead against Ottawa, and after the 1-0 lead against Carolina). That won't be problem tonight. With Tallinder out, this team will be playing desperate. The Sabres playing desperate hockey in Buffalo is a wonderful combination.

Losing Tallinder is big, but we still have everyone else from game 3.....where we dominated. Janik and Jillson have been in the organization for years and both are probably good enough to play regularly for most teams in the NHL. These guys, especially Janik, have significant experience playing with a lot of the forwards on this team in the minors. These aren't strangers. Each also has the benefit of not having been beat up by over a month of playoff hockey. Plus Lindy has the line change tonight - he can find a way to make this work.

And did you ever feel as good in the playoffs with Hasek as you do with Miller right now? I didn't. Hasek's Stanley Cup was the Olympic gold medal. And Miller isn't nearly the headcase that Hasek was - he's half his age and twice as mature.

Yeah, I damn near crapped my pants when I found out about Tallinder too, but injuries haven't slowed this team down this season. And just because Tallinder is out, I don't think the rest of the team is going to quit now when they're six wins away from the Cup. And that's good enough for me.

Sabres will find a way. I believe.

What the hell is wrong with you people?

The Sabres have only lost in the playoffs this year when they don't have their heads in the game (after the 2-0 lead against Philly, after the 3-0 lead against Ottawa, and after the 1-0 lead against Carolina).  That won't be problem tonight.  With Tallinder out, this team will be playing desperate.  The Sabres playing desperate hockey in Buffalo is a wonderful combination.

Losing Tallinder is big, but we still have everyone else from game 3.....where we dominated.  Janik and Jillson have been in the organization for years and both are probably good enough to play regularly for most teams in the NHL.  These guys, especially Janik, have significant experience playing with a lot of the forwards on this team in the minors.  These aren't strangers.  Each also has the benefit of not having been beat up by over a month of playoff hockey.  Plus Lindy has the line change tonight - he can find a way to make this work.

And did you ever feel as good in the playoffs with Hasek as you do with Miller right now?  I didn't.  Hasek's Stanley Cup was the Olympic gold medal.  And Miller isn't nearly the headcase that Hasek was - he's half his age and twice as mature.

Yeah, I damn near crapped my pants when I found out about Tallinder too, but injuries haven't slowed this team down this season.  And just because Tallinder is out, I don't think the rest of the team is going to quit now when they're six wins away from the Cup.  And that's good enough for me.

Sabres will find a way.  I believe.

698683[/snapback]

Good post.

I'd rather have their "Should we start the capable Ward or the capable Gerber?" goaltender "controversy" than our "Should we start Janek or Paetsch?" defenseman controversy.  <_<

Sabres are too injured to take this one...the Sabres don't generate enough offense tonight, due to too much of the game being played in their zone, to match Carolina's production against a weakened defense.

698668[/snapback]

Hey, man, I understand. You can't be a Buffalo fan without predicting the worst in the hopes that you'll be pleasantly surprised. :blink:

Should be a great game. I've always thought that when you earn a split on the road, Game 3 is absolutely crucial to hold serve because it's usually harder to win compared to Game 4.

In 99, they won dogfights vs. Boston & Toronto in Game 3 to go up 2-1 and went on to win Game 4 rather handily. Dallas they lost G3 and won G4. This same thing seems to be true in basketball as well. Maybe the road team feels they have to regain control in the third game by playing balls to the wall and if they lose they're emotionally done.

With the injuries it's going to be tough. As Silver&Red pointed out they're going to play desperate again and there's no reason for a letdown circa Game 2. OTOH, I don't think the Canes are going to be too demoralized about losing the last game because they should smell blood with all the Rochester kids in there.

I expect a well played game on both sides, could very well go into OT, where I'll take my chances with Miller.

4-2 Sabres, late empty-netter seals it. Miller the 1st star with 34 saves, several of them spectacular.

With Fitzy, Jillson, and Janik/Paetsch all in the lineup, Lindy looks pretty damn smart hanging in Rochester during the lockout year installing his system to the minor league squad. At least these guys have experience playing within Lindy's system, even though they are lacking NHL game experience. I suppose it's better than coming in blind.

Hey, man, I understand.  You can't be a Buffalo fan without predicting the worst in the hopes that you'll be pleasantly surprised.  :blink:

698693[/snapback]

Yeah...that's part of it. <_<

But seriously, I think overcoming the absence of the trio of defensemen may be too much to ask tonight. That's a LOT of good defensive play off the ice. I try to keep myself optimistic for the series by believing things will get better (i.e. healthier) for game 5...but I have a hard time being optimistic about THIS game.

But then, Edmonton's got a 3-1 series lead over the Ducks, playing with the flu. Anything CAN happen...

Yeah...that's part of it.  <_<

But seriously, I think overcoming the absence of the trio of defensemen may be too much to ask tonight.  That's a LOT of good defensive play off the ice.  I try to keep myself optimistic for the series by believing things will get better (i.e. healthier) for game 5...but I have a hard time being optimistic about THIS game. 

But then, Edmonton's got a 3-1 series lead over the Ducks, playing with the flu.  Anything CAN happen...

698705[/snapback]

I'd tend to agree with you if the Sabres lost all 3 guys at once, but really there will be just one change in the lineup from Game 3. It's a challenge, no doubt, but I think these guys really believe, and the rockin' HSBC crowd will help.

Keep the faith...

I'd tend to agree with you if the Sabres lost all 3 guys at once, but really there will be just one change in the lineup from Game 3.  It's a challenge, no doubt, but I think these guys really believe, and the rockin' HSBC crowd will help.

Keep the faith...

698735[/snapback]

I'm keeping the faith. I'm just not optimistic about THIS game. There's still from 1-3 to go after tonight...