Some thoughts on the Pats game

Simon

Hey sparky.  You gonna talk football, or just blab on to anyone who will listen?

52547[/snapback]

Great. Another Patriot's fan getting in the s-hit of a Bills fan on a Bills board.

John's a good guy with great football insight. The simple fact that you find it necessary to bust the balls of a Bills fan on a Bills message board is all anyone needs to know about Patriot's fans.

And while we lost our first game, Skippy, you should know that WE lost the game moreso than the Jaguars dominated us. Our defense held Leftwich to 75 yards passing the entire game before we broke down on their final drive. Plus, our offense kept shooting itself in the foot with stupid penalties that constantly put us in 3rd and long situations...including a crucial holding penalty on what should have been our final drive of the game that would have sealed the win after McGahee gave us a big first down in Jaquars' territory with less than two minutes on the clock.

If anyone knows about pulling a win like that out of their ass, surely it would be a Pats fan.

The Jags were no more dominant in that game than your entire team was against the Colts. If Edge didn't fumble twice on the one yard line, you'd be 1-1 right now, so do me a favor; stop pretending like you want to talk football when you obviously have no fuggin' clue what you're talking about.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Simon , let me be the first to appologize for all the clutter on what began as a very cool thread....

52584[/snapback]

Allow me to be the second, and I look forward to hearing the ypu post game thoughts as well. That goes for you to 34-78-83

Great. Another Patriot's fan getting in the s-hit of a Bills fan on a Bills board.

John's a good guy with great football insight. The simple fact that you find it necessary to bust the balls of a Bills fan on a Bills message board is all anyone needs to know about Patriot's fans.

And while we lost our first game, Skippy, you should know that WE lost the game moreso than the Jaguars dominated us. Our defense held Leftwich to 75 yards passing the entire game before we broke down on their final drive. Plus, our offense kept shooting itself in the foot with stupid penalties that constantly put us in 3rd and long situations...including a crucial holding penalty on what should have been our final drive of the game that would have sealed the win after McGahee gave us a big first down in Jaquars' territory with less than two minutes on the clock.

If anyone knows about pulling a win like that out of their ass, surely it would be a Pats fan.

The Jags were no more dominant in that game than your entire team was against the Colts. If Edge didn't fumble twice on the one yard line, you'd be 1-1 right now, so do me a favor; stop pretending like you want to talk football when you obviously have no fuggin' clue what you're talking about.

52586[/snapback]

In short you admit to the Bills not being dominating in game 1.

Sounds like my exact point.

In short you admit to the Bills not being dominating in game 1.

Sounds like my exact point.

52599[/snapback]

No, s-hit, Sherlock. But the Jags were not dominant either, which is what you were saying earlier.

Geezus, I need a fuggin' Pats fan pointing that out to me on a Bills board like I need a another assssshole.

Guest Guest_sarge_*
If Edge didn't fumble twice on the one yard line, you'd be 1-1 right now

Edge didn't fumble twice on the one yardline.

And if Edge had not fumbled on the one yardline (the one time he did), is there any doubt that Brady would not have brought them right back down the field and put the Pats right back on top like he does basicly 99% of the time that has happened.

Had he not it would have been the exception, not the rule!

And if Deion Branch had not fumbled(unforced fumble) the punt return, Edge wouldn't have been at the one yardline to fumble(forced fumble) in the first place. So I guess the Colts were fairly fortunate as well. Not to mention it was a bogus PI call that got them to the one yardline to begin with!

No, s-hit, Sherlock. But the Jags were not dominant either, which is what you were saying earlier.

Geezus, I need a fuggin' Pats fan pointing that out to me on a Bills board like I need a another assssshole.

52615[/snapback]

Ther eis no question that the Jags D did contain the Bills in a dominating fastion holding the Bills to just 10 points. Guess what... turnovers and sacks count. You call that "luck" I call it good D. Smae with the Bills. Their D was dominating all game, except on the last drive.

But in no way was the Bills O dominating in any way shape or form. And its clearly obvious that this needs to be pointed out because (if you remember the original discussion) the whole thing was about the offensive "dominance" refered to in this mysterious game 1. Dominance that clearly never existed.

52615[/snapback]

Hey Paco.....

Will you please stop feeding this damn bird....we are getting bird stevejanosan all over our board.....

If you know what I mean...... :devil:

Ther eis no question that the Jags D did contain the Bills in a dominating fastion holding the Bills to just 10 points.  Guess what... turnovers and sacks count.  You call that "luck" I call it good D.  Smae with the Bills.  Their D was dominating all game, except on the last drive.

But in no way was the Bills O dominating in any way shape or form.  And its clearly obvious that this needs to be pointed out because (if you remember the original discussion) the whole thing was about the offensive "dominance" refered to in this mysterious game 1.  Dominance that clearly never existed.

52622[/snapback]

The reference was to Physical dominance, ie wearing them out, having them on their heels, controlling the clock etc.

The reference was not to mental or overall dominance.

Enough already

So because you cant match points with Patriots fans you demand that they be removed from the board?

To my knowledge, we havent violated the T.O.S and we have just as much right to be proud of our team as you are of yours (despite your efforts to diminish their accomplishments while trumpeting your own moral victories)

So because you cant match points with Patriots fans you demand that they be removed from the board?

To my knowledge, we havent violated the T.O.S and we have just as much right to be proud of our team as you are of yours (despite your efforts to diminish their accomplishments while trumpeting your own moral victories)

52639[/snapback]

Don't you feel a little immature talking about your "rights" on a web board and referencing the terms of service? I'll give you a couple of hints - it's twoBILLSdrive and it's not Corey Dillon at the top of every friggin page.

The best thing about Bills fans is they're not Pats fans. "Thurman's Helmet". Nice name. Good luck with life buddy.

52639[/snapback]

I also have the right to ban you permanently just because I feel like it. ;)

Let's not get too enamored with rights and priviledges. You do have the right to be proud of your team but you have no right to do it here. :devil:

The reference was to Physical dominance, ie wearing them out, having them on their heels, controlling the clock etc.

The reference was not to mental or overall dominance.

Enough already

52630[/snapback]

Again what physical dominance? Physical dominance of teh O-line to miss blocks and open no holes for Henry?

There was no dominance by the offense whatsoever. Admit you are wrong and lets move on.

Man this thread went from sensible opinions to a flame thread...........even as a Pats fan that isn't cool one bit. After page 1 the thread just went to the sh*tter.

Get over Week 1 of last year. That Pats team no longer exists. The one that has replaced it has gone 19-1 in its last 20 games.

I wasn't talking about last year you needle-dicked bugfu(ker. As Trey already pointed out, if I were talking about last year I would have said last year. And I'm pretty sure that you are the one that needs to forget about last year. I'd tell you to get back to work now but you're too fu(king stupid to have a job.

P.S. Keep your trash out of my threads or it will be removed on sight.

Pats play a base 3-4.................I don't know how you can say this is a weaker personel group, or how it would allow Drew to have more time to throw.

Considering that the Pats never do the same thing two weeks in a row, I'd be hesitant to call any of their packages a base on either side of the ball. The only time I've really seen them this year was the 2ndhalf of the opener (couldn't watch the 1sthalf as we were finishing up our fantasy draft) and they were running a 4-3 most of the night. And I'm guessing they want to open with a 4-3 vs the Bills and stay in it as long as they can.

I think it's a weaker personell group because you're taking one of your very good DT's off the field and replacing him with a relatively one dimensional 'backer.

Traditionally you're going to get a better pass rush out of a 4-3 and unless Crennel wants to consistently send 3 extra stand-up rushers, he's going to have a harder time getting to Bledsoe from a 3-4.

And I have also been impressed with Samuel when I've seen him but isn't his name Asante?

They dominated? In what sense?

First off I never used the word dominate; nobody is likely to dominate that DT tandem. I said they physically worked over the Jag D and that is exactly what they did. By the time the 4thqrtr rolled around the Bills Offensive front was rag-dolling the Jags front7 on every down. They were running dives or offtackle every play and Jax couldn't do a thing about it. Only a bizarre call denying the Bills yet another 1stdown gve Jax the ball back when they converted 3 4thdowns and scored on a 6yrd hailmary at :00

Cya

P.S. As far as the the little te' a te' above, you can rest assuredly that Thurm'sHelmet is again entirely in the wrong. If you were familiar with the history of htis place you'd know he's been around for a while and after 1000 posts and a year he has yet to add a single cogent comment to this board. He's nothing but one of them thar trolls and will probably be removed very soon now.

The Patriots' defense really misses Ted Washington. I watched a lot of their game against the Colts. There was this one Colts drive that really stood out: every play they called was a running play; and they drove the ball down the field in 8 - 10 plays or something for a touchdown. It was every offensive coordinator's dream. Well, almost every offensive coordinator's dream. I can think of one offensive coordinator turned quarterback coach who would rather go three and out with pass plays than have a drive like that.

But Mike Mularkey is not cut from the same cloth. Expect to see a heavy dose of Travis and Willis; and expect to see more success than we have against the likes of Jacksonville and Oakland. McGahee should be improved, because it's been three weeks since he's seen any real action. (He's had three weeks to heal.) Our offense will score more than ten points. Period.

What scares me is their offense going against our defense. 2003 doesn't really count because the games were ruled by emotion. But thinking back to 2002, it was absolutely clear that Charlie Weis totally dominated the chess match against Jerry Gray. Hopefully the coaching will be a little more even this time around.

I don't know who will win this game, but I assure you it won't be our usual 13-10 loss.

52309[/snapback]

I would like to see lot more of Willis in this game.

I'd be interested in hearing from Pats fans (shudder) what Ty Law has looked like this year. He's getting to the age where most corners begin to experience serious drop-off in their play and with the nonsense that was going on in the pre/offseason you have to wonder if Law might not be as sharp as usual. If he's not and Belichik tries to pin him to Moulds, this is a serious mismatch for the Bills. I'm hoping that NE has seen Law struggling at times and feels they have to protect him over the top more often than they have in the past. When this happens it will be very difficult for NE to defend the whole field because they fear Moulds. If Law is still sharp and can still hang with Moulds, then we can always got to the old fallback and throw 20 balls at the horrendous Ty Poole.

It's hard to tell so far Simon. In the first game, they schemed Manning by playing an extra DB and rushing three most of the night. Law was beat a couple times during the night - on the other hand Harrison didn't have a huge game. In the Arizona game, the whole defense was pretty dominant - there were four or five times that McCown dodged an aggressive blitz package and seemingly had a window to throw into lots of single coverage, but he found nothing (or he's not good enough to make the throw/read).

Historically Law has been a very inconsistent player from year to year - last year certainly was his finest as a Pat. He's also been a little banged up with his ankle lingering from last season, but he's been able to function on Sunday without issue. I think he and Moulds will be a good matchup - I haven't caught much of Eric so far this year but I know he's been somewhat productive by his numbers.

Poole isn't horrendous, although he struggled terribly in the playoffs last year. I think he was worn down physically and just got dominated by some big receivers (Bennett, Muhammed). They've been playing Samuel quite a bit (Dr. Z touts Samuel like he is the next Charles Woodson - that's going too far but he has shown some great flashes for being a second year guy taken on day 2 of the draft), and Wilson (at free safety) can match up on a wideout in a pinch.

In my opinion, the aspect of Drew's game that is most effective is when he is able to hit that 18-22 yard pass which he still probably throws with as much zing as anyone in the league. I'm looking for the Patriots to naturally send a lot of varied blitz packages. If the Buffalo line/RB/Drew can effectively pick up the blitzes, I think there will be some open guys in the middle of the field. I know the circumstances of the 2003 week 17 game mitigated the performance, but the Bills were as bad in this aspect of the game (especially Henry, who apparently opted not to block that afternoon) as I have ever seen a professional team.

Enjoy the game tomorrow - should be a good one.

30 hours from now its gonna get real fun in here.

53211[/snapback]

Sorry, but should New England win, it won't make you a better person.

54 hours from now you'll still be on your way to your crappy old job in your crappy old car in the same crappy old routine looking for some validation to improve your crappy self-esteem. And as oft-times before, you'll re-learn the lesson that being a fan of a team that wins a game does not mean you are a winner.

30 hours from now its gonna get real fun in here.

53211[/snapback]

Spoken like a typical Pats fan. I only regret you won't be around the day your team starts losing. I've said it before and I'll keep saying it.

The reason people like you live on a Bills message board is because we're the only kind of fans who stay with their team regardless of their record and give you an audience. You can't do this on a Jets board because they're tied with you at 2-0. You can barely do it on a good Miami board because most of them have abandoned ship already.

But you can always count on Bills fans to show up...and where there are hardcore fans, there will always be guys like yourself gloating and prodding and spouting off.

Until your team starts to lose.

Which it will someday...and thenl you'll be like every other Pats fan. Gone. Looking for Red Sox tickets. Talking about how you've ALWAYS been a hardcore Red Sox fan. Until they lose. And then you'll be stuck by yourself wondering why Pats fans don't hold a candle to Bills fans.

Someday kids like you will learn. And when they do, Bills fans will still be gathering regardless of how our team is doing.