USA vs. Venezeula

I really felt they were holding back, and I felt that way even stronger when I saw them crank up the intensity in the last ten mins of the match. I think we'll see a different team tonight.

I'll be watching the Sabres tonight. Claudio sitting this one out with that hammy???

698510[/snapback]

I'm sure Claudio will sit. They reported that there was no real damage, but they won't push it.

I'll be watching the Sabres and taping the soccer game to watch later.

Another friendly.  I know the last game was a dud, but team USA might actually show up for this one.

698380[/snapback]

Actually, they are playing VENEZUELA, if it were Argentina it would be an extremely fun game to watch (even though we would most likely get our asses kicked).

However, Venezuela is one of the weakest teams in South America, maybe a good confidence boost for our guys.

Claudio is DEFINITELY sitting out this match and probably the one against Latavia...

NPR's evening show, All Things Considered has had several segments about the US Men's national team and the upcoming World Cup.

This is on ESPN2 and the NHL conference finals are not??  <_<

698637[/snapback]

ESPN did not renew it's contract with the NHL. The option is always there but I doubt they ever will.

You guys ever watch the "Manchester United Classics" on Fox Soccer Channel? I watched a game the other night between them and Bolton. Bolton had two own goals, Ronaldo had two WICKED shots off the post and the crossbar, and there was a lot of great passing. Rooney is a monster!

They should've paid the refs <_<

698811[/snapback]

lol.....they need to learn to put the damn ball on goal before they can take advantage of calls in their favor....they're shooting like they had a few before the game! And why force the ball to eddie johnson with three defenders around him when you've got Ching wide open?

lol.....they need to learn to put the damn ball on goal before they can take advantage of calls in their favor....they're shooting like they had a few before the game!  And why force the ball to eddie johnson with three defenders around him when you've got Ching wide open?

698817[/snapback]

Maybe he doesn't like Asians <_<

Ching is Hawaiian <_<

698849[/snapback]

Damn Chingtoks :blink:

Like seriously, you're American and all but if you're a fan of soccer, I think you should root for a real team :lol:

All the Haitians I used to work with used to break my ballz about Brazil. I used to tell them, what Haiti has no national team since they can't afford soccer balls.

Enjoy it, because you won't be saying that in your Italy-USA thread <_<

698875[/snapback]

lol, you may be right....we'll see!

Way too show confidence :blink:

698886[/snapback]

diplomacy and confidence are not mutually exclusive, my friend <_<

Probably nobody is watching this game except me, but these Latvians are some fouling bastards!

who's playing

699365[/snapback]

Third friendly match before the WC.....US v. Latvia. The US is running rampant around them, but Latvia has like four times as many fouls, lol. We look much more cohesive this match, but they still need to do better putting the ball on goal. They're trying TOO hard to set things up.

They just reported that your guy Totti (sp?) is going to be back for Italy, and apparently the Czechs have injury issues. They are predicting the US and Italy come out of that group. Should be interesting!

Third friendly match before the WC.....US v. Latvia. The US is running rampant around them, but Latvia has like four times as many fouls, lol. We look much more cohesive this match, but they still need to do better putting the ball on goal. They're trying TOO hard to set things up.

They just reported that your guy Totti (sp?) is going to be back for Italy, and apparently the Czechs have injury issues. They are predicting the US and Italy come out of that group. Should be interesting!

699376[/snapback]

The US coach shouldn't risk his best players too long when opponents are playing aggressive. Could cause an injury. Oh well, the starters will be out by halftime.

Ya Totti will be back, he's our whole team. He's our Zidane, our superstar. I just hope that the players aren't too worried about the fact that they will be tried for stuff they did. :o

Where's this match being played...US/Latvia?

The Venezuela game was here in Cleveland...in fact, Drew Carey was doing commercials for it. I understand he's a big US Soccer fan and is looking at trying to get an MLS expansion team for Cleveland with a new stadium in the southern suburbs (Cuyahoga Falls or Northfield are possibilities).

Mike

The Venezuela game was here in Cleveland...in fact, Drew Carey was doing commercials for it.  I understand he's a big US Soccer fan and is looking at trying to get an MLS expansion team for Cleveland with a new stadium in the southern suburbs (Cuyahoga Falls or Northfield are possibilities).

Mike

699396[/snapback]

All the national teams are now in Germany. So most likely, somewhere in Germany :o

The Venezuela game was here in Cleveland...in fact, Drew Carey was doing commercials for it.  I understand he's a big US Soccer fan and is looking at trying to get an MLS expansion team for Cleveland with a new stadium in the southern suburbs (Cuyahoga Falls or Northfield are possibilities).

Mike

699396[/snapback]

I remember hearing somewhere "outside Hartford".

...checking...

Rentschler Field, the UConn football stadium.

This match should have been like 3-0.....I don't know why this team can't rip a few more shots on goal instead of all these fancy set-ups.

I flipped over to the Sabres game and saw Brind'amour nail a beautiful one-timer.....that's how the US needs to put the ball on goal, lol.

Mike

699396[/snapback]

That would be big for MLS to have someone like Drew Carey involved. I'm still hoping the Rochester Rhinos end up in the MLS at some point. Probably won't happen, but there was talk of it before.

I'm still hoping the Rochester Rhinos end up in the MLS at some point. Probably won't happen, but there was talk of it before.

699412[/snapback]

The new stadium was the first piece of that puzzle. Haven't heard any talk of it lately but I know it's still being pushed.

The new stadium was the first piece of that puzzle. Haven't heard any talk of it lately but I know it's still being pushed.

699431[/snapback]

The Rhinos are everything like what the MLS needs. Established fan support, a mid-major city, new stadium. I was surprised when the last expansion happened that Rochester didn't get a spot. Tho, I guess MLS was trying to show they are major league by going after bigger cities, even if that sacrificed some stability. Maybe now they'll get smart and expand to cities that have a better chance at success/viability.

699431[/snapback]

I moved away from Rochester in '95, but for the ten years I was there I know that the city did a great job supporting their teams. Red Wings and Amerks games were cheap, GOOD entertainment, and I'm sure the Rhinos games are still very popular. If I still lived there I'd be going all the time.

The Rhinos are everything like what the MLS needs. Established fan support, a mid-major city, new stadium. I was surprised when the last expansion happened that Rochester didn't get a spot. Tho, I guess MLS was trying to show they are major league by going after bigger cities, even if that sacrificed some stability. Maybe now they'll get smart and expand to cities that have a better chance at success/viability.

699436[/snapback]

I agree totally. The MLS has done a pretty good job at creating and maintaining financial viablity for what is still pretty much a niche sport in this country, and doesn't really have any real fan base abroad. Rochester would be a great fit....and it would give me a true "home team" to route for in the MLS :lol: