Salisbury Steaks His Claim. Bills in trouble

The thing is that ESPN just focuses on big names in free agency and nothing else. That's why they are working at ESPN and not for an NFL team. Everybody said the exact same thing about the Patriots when they released Lawyer Milloy, Drew Bledsoe and a couple of others, and let Damien Woody walk out the door. They critcized then and said the BB was crazy for losing his superstars. I think the Patriots turned out fairly well.

I wouldn't pay too much time to weasels like John Clayton or an @$$ like Salisbury. How many of them were saying in 2000 that Tom Brady was the best pick up in the draft? None of them, they were all focused on Courtney Brown and how he was going to be the next Reggie White and how Sylvester Morris was a great pickup for the Chiefs. They are just a bunch of jack@$$es that don't know what they are talking about.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those weren't the options.  Can you honestly answer my question? Given good execution and play-designs, which receiving corps is better Evans, Moulds, Reed and Parrish or Evans, Price, Reed and Parrish?

You mean what you gave me weren't ALL the options. Like I said, I'll take good coaching...and whatever lineup.

You mean what you gave me weren't ALL the options.  Like I said, I'll take good coaching...and whatever lineup.

699718[/snapback]

Um, maybe because the coaching staff was already set? It was a pretty simple question, who would you rather have, Moulds or Price? Do you really think you're fooling anyone with your not so artful dodge?

Um, maybe because the coaching staff was already set?  It was a pretty simple question, who would you rather have, Moulds or Price?  Do you really think you're fooling anyone with your not so artful dodge?

699787[/snapback]

I'd rather have the players who want to be here and give 100% than the more "talented" guys who think they're above the team and can bring it when they feel like it.

Moulds is history, and it's not all rosy -- in fact, it's mostly not rosy. I'm fine with turning the page.

I'll just wait and see how good the Bills are. I'm getting a little less pessimistic about Jauron and think he and Levy have a sound plan for improving the team. The draft seems to be consitent with their plan (Defense First). I think the plan should have been to revamp both lines and build from the trenches out. We will certainly win more than 6 games next year.

Um, maybe because the coaching staff was already set?  It was a pretty simple question, who would you rather have, Moulds or Price?  Do you really think you're fooling anyone with your not so artful dodge?

Basically you're asking me if I think that keeping Moulds' bad attitude, bloated salary, and declining production would have been better than bringing back Price, is that it? Right now I'd say hell no, if for NO other reason than what RtDB said. I don't think it's a coincidence that the Bills got rid of Moulds and Adams, two of the elder statesmen and leaders of their sides of the ball.

I'm not sure anyone is saying that they know for a fact we will be better. But you seem to be saying that for sure they won't win at least 8.

funny, how after 2004, many expected the Bills to challenge for the division, and those same people expected the Dolphins to have a very crappy rebuilding-type season.

we all know how things ended up.

you just never know....

695578[/snapback]

keep dreaming!

Both sides of the trenches are still clearly bad, which is all that really matters.

697486[/snapback]

Bingo. All the rest of this crap doesnt mean squat until we get effective lines. Even the qb situation is secondary at this point.

Bingo. All the rest of this crap doesnt mean squat until we get effective lines. Even the qb situation is  secondary at this point.

700114[/snapback]

And who says we don't have effective lines right now?

Both lines are going to look very different compared to last year. O-line is without TEague and everyones favorite bust MW, and will have Reyes and Fowler added to it. The D-line no longer has Sam Adams, but now has an entirly new inside with DT's McCargo and Triplett.

With these changes Buffalo got younger and Hungrier since the guys Marv brought in are character guys that may not be Pro-Bowlers yet, but they are guys determined to play and give 120% all game, compared to the play when we feel like it guys like Williams and Adams

A new coaching staff with new schemes and ways of doing things, there is no possible way to tell how good or bad any part of this team will be

But I guess that is just looking through rose colored glasses cause the lines have to be filled with Bentley and Hutch, and only drafting linmen on the first day make good teams

We'll see.  They're trying to build a line of penetrators (I feel dirty saying that).  I think the logic is that the big guys wear down over the course of a game and the course of a season (Sam did this for sure).  I'm not sure I buy it 100% but I'm willing to give Jauron the benefit of the doubt.  One thing I do like is the idea of rotation and getting hungry guys in there consistently, battling each other for playing time and also keeping fresh.

697759[/snapback]

I agree... I'm just hoping that I'm wrong and the rotation of the smaller DT's works out.

699787[/snapback]

I'll answer that I'm taking Moulds all day. However, I must admit that I'm fine with Moulds leaving b/c he was a very large salary and the truth is we're more than a wr away from making a run at things. So my thought is why pay him all that money when clearly we're in a rebuilding phase.

But talent wise there is no comparison between the two of them. What I would have really liked is for us to use our second round pick on Javon Walker. That would have been nice.. atleast to me.

I'll just wait and see how good the Bills are.  I'm getting a little less pessimistic about Jauron and think he and Levy have a sound plan for improving the team. The draft seems to be consitent with their plan (Defense First).  I think the plan should have been to revamp both lines and build from the trenches out.  We will certainly win more than 6 games next year.

699893[/snapback]

I'm not sure I'd go as far as saying certainly but I love your optimism. I really don't feel like we addressed our biggest problem for the last 5-7 years and that's our OL. For whatever reason it never gets enough attention. My thought is we will be complaing next offseason about the same ole' thing that horrible OL. To me if we're going to over pay players they should be on the OL and DL b/c I'm a firm believer that it starts there.

We could have Peyton and LT in our backfield shooting to TO and we still may at best be .500. Our OL HAS to improve before anytthing else in our offense.

I'm not sure I'd go as far as saying certainly but I love your optimism. I really don't feel like we addressed our biggest problem for the last 5-7 years and that's our OL. For whatever reason it never gets enough attention. My thought is we will be complaing next offseason about the same ole' thing that horrible OL. To me if we're going to over pay players they should be on the OL and DL b/c I'm a firm believer that it starts there.

We could have Peyton and LT in our backfield shooting to TO and we still may at best be .500. Our OL HAS to improve before anytthing else in our offense.

700144[/snapback]

i think I see what you are saying, but there is no need to "overpay" at any position. Look at what that's done for Washington....one real good season with that philosophy. If you ask me, they had success because of Gibbs and his staff, particularly Gregg Williams and his stout D. Their biggest names in the trenches on both sides of the ball were Chris Samuels and Conelius Griffin.

also, with the acquisition of Gallery in the 1st round the Raiders are still looking pretty average on offense, even with Randy Moss stretching the field.

lastly, as much as everyone including myself is tired of hearing about, the Patriots didn't overpay for their Offensive line when they were smoking the competion in the AFCEast.

a lot of it is coaching and scheme, not high draft picks/big name free agents.

Basically you're asking me if I think that keeping Moulds' bad attitude, bloated salary, and declining production would have been better than bringing back Price, is that it?  Right now I'd say hell no, if for NO other reason than what RtDB said.  I don't think it's a coincidence that the Bills got rid of Moulds and Adams, two of the elder statesmen and leaders of their sides of the ball.

699951[/snapback]

No, basically I was asking you who the better receiver is, Moulds or Price?

Dis Moulds all you want but I don't think you or anyone else can honestly say that Price is better than Moulds and that our receiving corps is better than last years because Moulds has been replaced by Price.

Moulds my have had an attitude, but don't kid yourself, Price has a bloated salary and his production has been declining for years as well.

No, basically I was asking you who the better receiver is, Moulds or Price?

Dis Moulds all you want but I don't think you or anyone else can honestly say that Price is better than Moulds and that our receiving corps is better than last years because Moulds has been replaced by Price.

Moulds my have had an attitude, but don't kid yourself, Price has a bloated salary and his production has been declining for years as well.

700617[/snapback]

Moulds has been replaced by not Price but Evans. Let's say Evans is 85% of Moulds (I actually think he's 120% of the 2006 edition of Moulds). Moulds has degenerated into a 100% bad attitude. The attitude negates most of what talent he has left so no contest that the Bills receiving corps OUGHT to be better in '06.

Moulds has been replaced by not Price but Evans.  Let's say Evans is 85% of Moulds (I actually think he's 120% of the 2006 edition of Moulds). Moulds has degenerated into a 100% bad attitude.  The attitude negates most of what talent he has left so no contest that the Bills receiving corps OUGHT to be better in '06.

700630[/snapback]

Who replaced Evans? :lol:

Who replaced Evans?  :lol:

700633[/snapback]

price. since i fully expect him to get 60-65 catches and average 12-13 ypc and 7-8 tds, he'll be more than adequate at filling that role. evans is entering year 3, and his first 2 years showed a helluva a lot more promise than moulds' first 2 years.

Moulds has been replaced by not Price but Evans.  Let's say Evans is 85% of Moulds (I actually think he's 120% of the 2006 edition of Moulds). Moulds has degenerated into a 100% bad attitude.  The attitude negates most of what talent he has left so no contest that the Bills receiving corps OUGHT to be better in '06.

700630[/snapback]

Let's be honest, if you were Moulds you would have a n attitude as well. Being apart of an orginization that has been rebuilding for the last 10 years. This is a young man game. He's been working hard to stay in tip top shape year-in year-out. So I fully understand his attitude you have to consider the fact that he's had numerous QB's come threw here. There is no consistency and to be honest he realized that we were still aways off from making a push towards the Super Bowl. Much like we are always hoping things will be different each season... well from his perspective he had lost hope. So I believe that's why we started to see his attitude become so apparent.

If you think about the comments he made about being jelous of Marvin Harrison having one QB his entire career throwing to him. I believe that was a sign that he really wanted stability at the QB position. As bad as I feel we need to addresss the OL and DT positions the QB position has to be established and maintained as well.