Lost

I am trying to figure out why the "Others" only want Jack, Kate, Hurley, & Sawyer, and yet they did not ask for Claire.

Since Claire escaped before, would'nt they want her back?

693877[/snapback]

They may want to converge these four to... off them.

Surprised no one has really mentioned Charlie in this ep. He's come back from the dark Charlie, tho, it's all for naught when/if the Lostaways find out it was he who dragged Sun off as the diversion. Provided the medication, even if he has no clue what it's for. Threw away the heroin as Locke looked on (note that Locke didn't seem either happy or interested). Claire took his hand at the funeral. Also had the line of the night to Eko: paraphrase "Here we were building the church and next thing I know you take off with your Jesus stick. <smartass>You don't call, you don't write....</smartass>.

Also, what's with the rock formation at the Others' camp? Some sort of Stonehenge-like place?

I think there may have been a little of "Two people are dead, let's take care of that and worry about Michael's sh-- in the morning" there as well.  And maybe some "Okay...he's nuts...let's just placate him for a while until we figure out what to do."

693948[/snapback]

That's how I took it. Jack has experience dealing with desperate people who aren't in the throes of rational thought in a crisis. S'N'R, you need to realize that Jack is pretty miffed but he doesn't have all the info that we have. That he listens to Sayid and doesn't put up much of a fuss in defense of Michael should tell you something.

On another of SNR's points, who's to say that Michael will get his for what he did? Rousseau did the same thing to her own party (did the Others or Hanso introduce the vaccination as a contributing threat/tension as a part of an experiment?). Alos, Michael killed a woman who killed Shannon and was delivered her own retribution; and Libby, someone whose character is seemingly innocuous right now but there's a lot left to discover about her. Mitigatwa the literary theme that he'll have to answer for these crimes. Brings me to another thing.... Alex was kidnapped near birth? How does she know or perceive that the Others are bad when that's the ethos she was raised with?

Remember Eko's story about the dog when they were cleaning up the blood. That was all about Michael -- the kid in the story wasn't a killer, but he killed his dog because it bit his sister. Then, when he asked Eko for forgivness it wasn't because he was worried about God, it was because he was worried about the dog waiting for him in hell.

People's natures can change (in the world of Lost) and that story was really explaining how Michael could change and what he was really afraid of. He doesn't care about the survivors on the island -- he made that clear in season one. Sure he has his moments (with Sawyer and with Jin) but overall Michael has done nothing but show that he only cares about Walt and will do anything to get him back.

I expected the Others to say they wanted Michael to kill AL -- the fact that he did that on his own initiative puts him in a much darker place as a character -- which will be fun to see how it all plays out.

694419[/snapback]

Nothing like a parable from the priest to tell Michael that Eko knows what's going on. Great writing and delivery there. Thanks for bringing that up.

Edited by UConn James

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, what's with the rock formation at the Others' camp? Some sort of Stonehenge-like place?

694445[/snapback]

Looked like a window. Which would unquestionably be pretty symbolic...but I'm too tired right now to think of what.

Also looked like the window on an airplane, to my recollection (which may be wrong).

Weird things I found after looking around letyourcompassguideyou.com

Does it say something about Echo at the end of this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pna5kuVZDXE

And what the hell is this?

http://www.thehansofoundation.org/#section=bios

694091[/snapback]

I'll give you a hint

the secret message from all those ads is

"Drink More Ovaltine!"

I'll give you a hint

the secret message from all those ads is

"Drink More Ovaltine!"

694664[/snapback]

I bet this whole thing is just a big orchestration in Ray Nagin's re-election campaign to preserve New Orleans as a "Chocolate City."

Jack, Kate, Hurley, & Sawyer are the only people who have "seen things" on the island. Jack saw his old man walking around. Hurley saw his looney buddy. Kate and Sawyer had the horse incident......Am I onto soemthing maybe?

Jack, Kate, Hurley, & Sawyer are the only peopl who have "seen things" on the island. Jack saw his old man walking around. Hurley saw is looney buddy. Kate and Sawyer had the horse incident......Am I onto soemthing maybe?

694711[/snapback]

I was thinking that too. That was the only logical connection that I could think of for those four.

As an aside, anyone think it's possible that the boar and frog that were "harassing" Sawyer were manifestations of his mind (like Jack's dad, the horse, and Hurley's friend were)?

I was thinking that too.  That was the only logical connection that I could think of for those four.

As an aside, anyone think it's possible that the boar and frog that were "harassing" Sawyer were manifestations of his mind (like Jack's dad, the horse, and Hurley's friend were)?

694716[/snapback]

Good question.......Kate was in on the Boar incident and Hurley was in on the Frog......maybe.

That doesn't explain Locke or Ecko. Both have seen the smoke "monster"...

694799[/snapback]

Not exactly a reincarnation of somebody they knew, or an actaully "living" creature.

Jack, Kate, Hurley, & Sawyer are the only people who have "seen things" on the island. Jack saw his old man walking around. Hurley saw his looney buddy. Kate and Sawyer had the horse incident......Am I onto soemthing maybe?

694711[/snapback]

What about the polar bears (includes the one that attacked Walt through the banyan tree)? Lots of the Lostaways saw them. Sayid also heard the whispers.

Also, the black smoke contained the likenesses of people Eko knew before the crash, and then his brother last week. I would count that as having seen 'things.'

If you guys really want to know, they posted the spoiler for the season final on USAtoday. I won't link it cause it's spoiler, but it's there.

Here's a hint: search the archives in the LIFE section...

694711[/snapback]

Charlie also saw things in his freak-out episode.

After rewatching this epiosde last night, I think Walt's "they're pretending" comment is referring to the whole Others village.

They probably have it pretty cushy somewhere but built this rustic village, don tattered clothes, and apply fake beards for some ulterior motive - maybe to give the impression that they're less formidable.

On that formidable note, we know the Other's have at least 8 guns - the rifle and the pistol they took off Mike, the five they took off the posse that went after Mike, and at least one when they shot Sawyer on the raft.

I'm not sure I'd want to go after them on their turf with at best a 11-8 gun advantage.