Ticket Office REMAINS Dysfunctional

Once again it's the start of ind ticket sales for season ticket holders and once again it's SNAFU. Tried to get in yesterday to make sure account info was in order and they had locked down all accounts EXCEPT for premium STHs; who could buy yesterday.

Sales for plebe STHs is supposed to start at 9am but my account (at least) is still locked.

Wonder which one of Ralph's daughters runs this operation? :blink:

As an update I was able to login about 8:58 and the system proceessed requests as would be expected with a typical ticketmaster transaction. Found 4 for Packers then tried to get another 4 (for Pats) but on checkout the (to become well known) transaction error page came up and it kicked me off to the login page.

After a minute or so of system busy loops logged in again and then went through about 2 minutes of "too busy" loops until I was able to find and purchase the 4 Pats tickets.

Tried to get my last two (only 10 per account) and knew enough to login again and went through same scenario as above until I got two to the Packers game. Hit another can't proceed loop which made me log in and retrace my steps which I encountered several times but finally got to the order screen. Went through the order screen with specific tickets identified and was able to enter all CC info and got to the processing page. After about a minute an error page saying: Sorry, your request could not be completed at this time. [Also tried phone during this period but either got busy signal or all circuits busy recording.]

Not detered repeated the above paragraph another 5 times getting progressively slightly worse tickets each pass and the got same result each time. Possibly the system counted the first aborted transcation as a sale and I had reached my limit, although this message never appeared.

All in all better operationally than last year (although the new class separation rule kinda irked me) but still could use improvement.

How did everyone else make out?

Suckers.

And Ralph laughs all the way to the bank.

I can just hear him now: "HAHAHAHAHA! These people will buy ANYTHING!!"

692857[/snapback]

JSP; a prime example of the (90% correct) adage that intelligence and number of post is inversely proportional.

I don't get exactly WHAT you're protesting here, JSP. You think that by NOT buying tickets you're going to send a message to Ralph? And WHAT message is that? That he should pack up and leave, and give the Bills to fans who DESERVE a team? Is it not enough that he's kept prices low enough so that you and your buds could suck down an extra case or two of Genny at tailgates? What about spending some $30M more than he was REQUIRED to do so over the past 5 years on players?

Sorry but you're delusional if you think things will be fixed by NOT going to games.

Got 4 tix to the packers immediately without a problem, 10 tix to the patriots game again no problems.

Finally got 2 to the Jets game after trying about 50 times.

I guess I can't really complain, I got all good seats.

I don't get exactly WHAT you're protesting here, JSP.  You think that by NOT buying tickets you're going to send a message to Ralph?  And WHAT message is that?  That he should pack up and leave, and give the Bills to fans who DESERVE a team?  Is it not enough that he's kept prices low enough so that you and your buds could suck down an extra case or two of Genny at tailgates?  What about spending some $30M more than he was REQUIRED to do so over the past 5 years on players?

Sorry but you're delusional if you think things will be fixed by NOT going to games.

692897[/snapback]

I'm just waiting.

This team will move due to the airheads running the business. I wanted buy more than 10 tix to a few of the games, and they get real strict. Have you ever EVER heard of another business that turns down a customer willing to pay for their product. The only one I can think of is THE BUFFALO BILLS. Stupid business model if they ask me, and you wonder why the other owners are pissed off at Ralph's whining. You think Jerry Jones or Dan Snyder would turn down a customer willing to buy 30 tickets to one of their games, I highly doubt it. :blink:

This team will move due to the airheads running the business.  I wanted buy more than 10 tix to a few of the games, and they get real strict.  Have you ever EVER heard of another business that turns down a customer willing to pay for their product.  The only one I can think of is THE BUFFALO BILLS. Stupid business model if they ask me, and you wonder why the other owners are pissed off at Ralph's whining.  You think Jerry Jones or Dan Snyder would turn down a customer willing to buy 30 tickets to one of their games, I highly doubt it.  :blink:

692996[/snapback]

Considering they fill their seats with Season Tickets holders and have a mile-long waiting list...yes they would, because there wouldn't be 30 seats available.

I think they are trying to manage the tour/scalper industries. They are giving season ticket holders the opportunity to buy a few extra tickets for families and friends before they open up group sales. You'll be able to buy those 30 seats next week right? That's still before the general public is able to buy them, right? It's not like they will never sell you 30 seats...

This team will move due to the airheads running the business.  I wanted buy more than 10 tix to a few of the games, and they get real strict.  Have you ever EVER heard of another business that turns down a customer willing to pay for their product.  The only one I can think of is THE BUFFALO BILLS. Stupid business model if they ask me, and you wonder why the other owners are pissed off at Ralph's whining.  You think Jerry Jones or Dan Snyder would turn down a customer willing to buy 30 tickets to one of their games, I highly doubt it.  :blink:

692996[/snapback]

Sure, let season ticket scaplers !@#$ those of us non-seasons buyers who onyl want to go to a game or 2. But hey, lets sellout everything to the season holders and let them re-sell at a premium price to the rest of us.

Sure, let season ticket scaplers !@#$ those of us non-seasons buyers who onyl want to go to a game or 2. But hey, lets sellout everything to the season holders and let them re-sell at a premium price to the rest of us.

693079[/snapback]

My guess is that if you got to know someone on this board that is a season ticket holder, they might take care of you.

693079[/snapback]

Yea it's called capitalism. Just like when you buy sneakers at the mall. They cost $2 to make. The distributor buys them for $20 and sells them to Footlocker for $40 then you pay $80. Just about everything you buy is like that, so what's the problem when that is the case when it happens with tickets, is it illegal? If you actually read the laws, which just changed recently, there is nothing illegal at all about scalping, unless the prices exceeds some extraordinary amount, which is never the case anyways.

And this problem wouldn't occur if the Bills had a sellout season ticket base. So if you want to blame the scalping of tickets on anybody blame it on the crap market in Western New York. We have one of the cheapest prices per ticket in the NFL yet the season ticket base is only slightly over half of the stadium capacity. I'm not blaming anyone in particular for that, I'm just saying- that is the current situation and scalping will exist as long as this scenario exists.

Hey look I'm a huge Bills fan, but lets be real here. As long as the opportunity presents itself to make money, people will take advantage.

Ramius @ May 17 2006, 02:44 PM

My guess is that if you got to know someone on this board that is a season ticket holder, they might take care of you.

693140[/snapback]

Nah, I don't sell to AZZholes. :blink: