Apparently the ECF will start Saturday

We don't know anything since Ruff is being so secretive, but it's pretty easy to piece together that Connolly probably experienced a concussion.

-He hasn't been skating

-He has a history of concussions.

-It was reported (somewhere last week, maybe on WGR?) he's been experiencing concussion syndromes since the hit

691246[/snapback]

I certainly understand the assumption of a concussion. My real point was, if he has to be "clear" for 7 days...do we know if he's clear now? Two days ago?

Obviously, the answer is no (or seems to be so far on TSW).

Canes are TOUGH at home too, so it'll be a huge challenge right off the bat.

691253[/snapback]

I don't fear the Hurricanes. They can't skate with the Swordsmen!

God Bless the Sabres! If it wasn't for them, there wouldn't be ANY hope of a Buffalo championship....

I certainly understand the assumption of a concussion.  My real point was, if he has to be "clear" for 7 days...do we know if he's clear now?  Two days ago?

Obviously, the answer is no (or seems to be so far on TSW).

691303[/snapback]

Everything I've heard is that Connolly has been feeling good and symptom-free. The hit occurred one week ago tonight, so if he has been symptom-free, today will be the seventh day. The Sabres were off yesterday and today, and will resume practice Tuesday. If he's okay, I assume the Sabres will skate him hard at some point this week and then verify that there's no post-concussion stuff the next day. If that jives, I'd expect to see him in Game 1. I'm pretty sure the Sabres brass made the decision to sit Connolly for the rest of the Sens series, no matter what, just to be on the safe side. Now that they have some time to get him a few practices and make sure he's clear, they will proceed with cautious optimism.

Please note- **THE FOLLOWING IS A HEARSAY REPORT**- I cannot verify the accuracy of the statements, but this is a report from a close family friend:

My source is good friends with a teacher at St. Joe's High School in Buffalo, where Connolly's cousin goes to school. The teacher asked the cousin what's up with Timmy, how he's feeling. The cousin said he feels absolutely fine and is just waiting for the medical okay to return.

Like I said, who knows if this occurred...That is just what I heard and could very well be hogwash. I don't want to pretend like I am SOPRANO and I have 'a source deep within the organization.' This info was given to me over cold beers during the 1st period Saturday night, from my friend who supposedly spoke to his friend, who supposedly teaches Connolly's cousin....Quite the grapevine.

If Connolly is out for Game 1, I would say that it doesn't look good for him to return this season.

Also, Adam Mair has also been skating with the team and desperately wants to play, but has not yet received clearance from the docs.

I recall in 1998 when the Sabres swept the Habs there was a 1 week layoff to when the ECF started...not sure if this is the norm but Id be shocked if the ECF does start on Thursday..

691758[/snapback]

I don't think it can. Game 6 of the West series is Wednesday night. That's the earliest it could be over. Since they don't release the schedule until all the matchups are set, they can't possibly tell the Sabres and Canes at 11pm Wed night that they are playing on Thursday.

Saturday at 2pm will be game 1. Bank on it.

I recall in 1998 when the Sabres swept the Habs there was a 1 week layoff to when the ECF started...not sure if this is the norm but Id be shocked if the ECF does start on Thursday..

691758[/snapback]

They won't start the ECF way before the WCF, will they? I don't think they'll even schedule the ECF until after Wednesday's Sharks/Oilers game. So it AIN'T gonna be Thursday. And if the Sharks win, I doubt it will be Saturday.

Doesn't the league want to stagger the EC and WC finals so that there is a game every night for the next two weeks? If so, it makes the most sense to start the ECF on Saturday and the WCF on Sunday -- particularly if the Sharks push their series to 7 games.

Just my guess...no inside info.

Schedule is up here: http://www.nhl.com/news/2006/05/272530.html

EASTERN CONFERENCE FINAL

Date Time (ET) #2 Carolina vs. #4 Buffalo

Saturday, May 20 2:00 p.m. Buffalo at Carolina

Monday, May 22 7:30 p.m. Buffalo at Carolina

Wednesday, May 24 7:30 p.m. Carolina at Buffalo

Friday, May 26 7:30 p.m. Carolina at Buffalo

Sunday, May 28 * 7:30 p.m. Buffalo at Carolina

Tuesday, May 30 * 7:30 p.m. Carolina at Buffalo

Thursday, June 1 * 7:30 p.m. Buffalo at Carolina

Schedule is up here: http://www.nhl.com/news/2006/05/272530.html

EASTERN CONFERENCE FINAL

Date    Time (ET)    #2 Carolina vs. #4 Buffalo

Saturday, May 20    2:00 p.m.    Buffalo at Carolina

Monday, May 22        7:30 p.m.    Buffalo at Carolina

Wednesday, May 24    7:30 p.m.    Carolina at Buffalo

Friday, May 26        7:30 p.m.    Carolina at Buffalo

Sunday, May 28 *    7:30 p.m.    Buffalo at Carolina

Tuesday, May 30 *    7:30 p.m.    Carolina at Buffalo

Thursday, June 1 *    7:30 p.m.    Buffalo at Carolina

691849[/snapback]

About time. Thanks. I've been looking every hour or so. I guess it's safe to schedule the WCF on Sunday even f the series goes 7 games.

Sat 2pm...11 AM here on the coast...PERFECT! I'm already excited!

Ruff still not saying much about Connolly.  As of now, he looks like a no-go.

Kalinin out, Connolly maybe

No surprise on Kalinin. The word initially was he was out at least 2 weeks, and since he got injured 5/9, that means the EARLIEST he could return is for game 3 on the 24th. But that's extremely optimistic.

As for Connolly, I HOPE it's a matter of them wanting to surprise the Hurricanes, like Mularkey tried, but unlike with Mularkey, with success. :lol: