Love The Marv Quote On Onterrio Smith

Bills | Not interested in O. Smith

Fri, 12 May 2006 07:18:02 -0700

Mark Craig, of the Star Tribune, reports free agent RB Onterrio Smith (Vikings) could draw some NFL attention after he completed a stint in the CFL, but the Buffalo Bills won't be one of the teams to pursue Smith. "I don't know if there will be interest, but I do know the Buffalo Bills won't be interested in Onterrio Smith," said Bills general manager Marv Levy. "I'm not saying this guy is a worthless human being who doesn't deserve another shot. Maybe he does. But we'll look elsewhere. We are very character-oriented. There are enough good guys out there. We'll go after them."

:w00t: Bravo Marv !

i like the quote....but sooner or later it is going to come back and bite Marv in the ass when one of his character guys that everyone likes gets busted for something.

690084[/snapback]

It will bite in his ass if he doesn't do something about it when/if something out of character happens with one his players.

i like the quote....but sooner or later it is going to come back and bite Marv in the ass when one of his character guys that everyone likes gets busted for something.

690084[/snapback]

I'm sure at age 80, he cares. :D

I wouldnt mind if the bills took a shot at grabbing Michael Bennett. The saints are looking to deal him and he is a definite upgrade over the A-train. He isnt getting that much in N.O. he may come for a decent trade offer or something.

He started out at the University of Tennessee.  He was a character problem from day one.

690244[/snapback]

A number of players would be better served if they contracted with agents that have an avuncular bent, instead of ones that are out to squeeze the last penny. If such exist. :D

Last year, Anthony Munoz was mulling over getting a player agent business going. He'd be a good choice.

Character driven? Oh wow... I cant believe this. You all go after Miami players for being dol-felons, and then you draft a player in Brad Butler that you all crucified this past football season for a cheap shot on Boston College's DL Mathias Kiwanuka.

Remember this? "This guy should be banned from football., for life..."

Character driven? Oh wow... I cant believe this. You all go after Miami players for being dol-felons, and then you draft a player in Brad Butler that you all crucified this past football season for a cheap shot on Boston College's DL Mathias Kiwanuka.

Remember this? "This guy should be banned from football., for life..."

690283[/snapback]

:D Good work Puhonix, I didn't even realize that was the same guy. Now that he's a Bill, we can overlook his past transgressions; he's not a cheap shot artist, he is now a 'firey competitor' who 'plays with a mean streak.' We do have some double standards around here.

Perhaps if the Fins pick up Vick, they can spend the game on the sidelines going at each other- Butler trying to chop Vick's leg in half, while Vick gets up and stomps on Butler's calf. That might be better than watching the game.

690084[/snapback]

More than likely, they would have been a TD guy!

:D  Good work Puhonix, I didn't even realize that was the same guy.  Now that he's a Bill, we can overlook his past transgressions; he's not a cheap shot artist, he is now a 'firey competitor' who 'plays with a mean streak.'  We do have some double standards around here.

Perhaps if the Fins pick up Vick, they can spend the game on the sidelines going at each other- Butler trying to chop Vick's leg in half, while Vick gets up and stomps on Butler's calf.  That might be better than watching the game.

690294[/snapback]

What happens on the football field stays on the football field, kind of like Vegas. We loved Conrad Dobler after all. The Dolfelons on the other hand do their best dirty work off the field, where there are legal ramifications.

Perhaps if the Fins pick up Vick, they can spend the game on the sidelines going at each other- Butler trying to chop Vick's leg in half, while Vick gets up and stomps on Butler's calf.  That might be better than watching the game.

690294[/snapback]

Now that's quality entertainment I would pay for!

Can we get Charles Barkley to keep the books, or would Daly be a better bookie?

Oh! And I'm not even remotely interested if we can't get the cheerleaders from Carolina.... YOU KNOW WHICH TWO!

Last year, Anthony Munoz was mulling over getting a player agent business going. He'd be a good choice.

690253[/snapback]

Munoz is actually Brad Bulter's agent and recommended him to McNally....good call Stuck...

I wouldnt mind if the bills took a shot at grabbing Michael Bennett. The saints are looking to deal him and he is a definite upgrade over the A-train. He isnt getting that much in N.O. he may come for a decent trade offer or something.

690137[/snapback]

Not gonna happen.