What, if anything, does this mean?

Probably nothing. Probably just wants to put her in a good position just in case something happens quick he wasn't prepared for. Chances are, she deserves the post anyway. I don't know either way.

Buffalo Bills executive Linda Bogdan was promoted Wednesday to the position of vice president, assistant director of college and pro scouting.

Bogdan, the only active female scout in the NFL, is team owner Ralph Wilson's daughter and previously served as the Bills corporate vice president. She has also worked in the team's scouting department since 1986.

http://timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=480519

Maybe she now has an interest in the team that she didn't have before. Maybe she realized that the Bills are really important to the fans and she may want to inherit the team after Ralph is gone as a result of the new CBA.

It's probably nothing, but i don't see any way that this could be a bad thing for this team. If anything she will get more involved with the team and possibly grow to appreciate the Bills as much as we do.

It means now douchebags like Colin Cowherd have yet another excuse to trash the Bills. "They're such a pathetic franchise they can only hire chicks for their front office! Somebody go change Ralph's diaper! Aren't I a gas?"

It means sleeping your way to the top just a got a little less nauseating at One Bills Drive.

688606[/snapback]

one good thing about TDs reign of terror at One Bills Drive was that there was no need for anyone to try sleeping their way to the top because TD was too busy getting fluffed by Chris Mortenson

Probably nothing, unless it's for legal purposes as far as formalizing the

organizational chart. The only significance that I can see is that it may put his daughter in a better position to control the team if Ralph "goes to the big front office in the sky"

By every account I've read, his daughter is actually quite competent. That's a good thing if he's positioning her to inherit the team.

It means sleeping your way to the top just a got a little less nauseating at One Bills Drive.

688606[/snapback]

Haha! :)

I've always thought his daughters had no interest in running the team once RWS passed on? And I heard this from Bills fans in Buffalo who go to those meet-n-great functions alot. Hell, they're on a first name basis with the Bills inner circle.

Haha!  :)   

I've always thought his daughters had no interest in running the team once RWS passed on?  And I heard this from Bills fans in Buffalo who go to those meet-n-great functions alot.  Hell, they're on a first name basis with the Bills inner circle.

688803[/snapback]

Was his name Haywood Jablome?

Maybe she deserved it?

688619[/snapback]

All right, that'll be enough of that crazy talk. :devil:

Seriously -- since Bogdan was already listed as a VP and has been part of the scouting staff for years, I'm not sure whether it was an actual 'promotion' or just a title change.

My guess is that while this does mean nothing that we can see or guess, this probably is very important to how Ralph decides (tries) to pass on his assets to the next generation(s),

Estate and trust issues are so incredibly complicated as peiople are involved and the issue is the mortality we all face,

Folks have all sorts of deadlock certain moralistic expression on this, but no one and I mean no one has the answer to what really happens after we die.

All we can really know on this plane of existence is that whether this is all there is and there ain't no more or as many believe we move on to a better place (in some faiths paradise seems to involve being at the foot of God or having a bunch of virgins at your beck and call) dead folks don;t have a word to say about what happens after they are gone.

They can leave some words in the hands of their lawyers about how to distribute their assets, but even after this mechanical process people can do with them what they want.

This is one Bills fan who hopes that what RWS is about tying the hands of his family so that this asset cannot be easily moved, but I kinda doubt he will screw his heirs for you and me.