Does Anyone Remember a TV Show on PBS..

When I was a young boy, I didn't have much television choice outside of PBS so I watched a lot of shows of suspect quality.

I remember this show on PBS, shown on the daytime in the 80s, which seemed to take place in some post apocalyptic earth. There were kids in orange jump suits and weird head bands who I think might have been "aliens." I think there was some educational value in it that involved learning about stuff from a librarian human of some sort.

I don't know why I care, but I want to know if this show actually existed and what its name was.

Can anyone help?

Holy crap I remember that too! That was a really weird show...I can't remember the name of it though. haha, what made you think of that?

685737[/snapback]

It has bothered me for years. And for some reason I thought this board would be my best hope for an answer.

I don't know, but I do remember this show on PBS that freaked me out as a kid.

It had a mansion, and secret passageways, and I believe there were murders going on. I don't remember much more than that though.

Can you give me any more hints?  I watched a lot of PBS in the late 70s, early 80's (I was born in '69....

At first I thought you were talking about Zoom.

685819[/snapback]

I don't think it is Zoom... Zoom is still on in a way... That wasn't scary either...

Maybe it was the purple blotter or yellow sunshine JohnnyB? :(;)

:(

I actually had a similiar problem with remembering a messed up tv show from my youth. I'm 24 right now and up until two years ago I naturally assumed I imagined this one really screwy cartoon show that involved two koala bears, one pink and one blue, who came from another dimension and could stop time with a wrist watch.

I was with some friends at a bar in Albany, and just blurted out what a messed up idea that was...and was SHOCKED to find that two people actually remembered that tv show as well...a quick google search when I got home told me the show was called The Noozles and used to air in the early days of Nickelodeon.

So I found out I wasnt a total nutjob by imagining a tv show featuring multi-colored koala bears who escaped persecution from a fascist Australian monster government (I'm serious, this was all stuff from the show...a kid's show).

Wish I could help you with that messed up PBS show...dont remember that one at all