Does Anyone Remember a TV Show on PBS..

And there's this other sci-fi-type PBS show about reading that was American way. The main character is a librarian and something kind of catastrophe was about to happen, but a mysterious man puts her in some kind of deep sleep/suspended animation and then centuries later, she is awaken to a future Earth. It's kins like a strange mixture of "Escape from New York", "The Warriors" and a few other movies together. I can't think of the name of the show

Was described in the comments of that IMDB listing for the other show. This sounds more like the show I am thinking of.

I think I might have it JohnnyB... A few years ago, my kids and I obtained some old kids videos from my sister... Circa 1980's... They love the one... It is called VITSIE?... Kinda fits your description?

I am at work and called my wife... VITSIE, said stands for:

Video Interface To Stimulate Interactive Education

VITSIE

????

:(

I think I might have it JohnnyB... A few years ago, my kids and I obtained some old kids videos from my sister... Circa 1980's... They love the one... It is called VITSIE?... Kinda fits your description?

I am at work and called my wife... VITSIE, said stands for:

Video Interface To Stimulate Interactive Education

VITSIE

????

:(

685914[/snapback]

No, thanks for the effort, but that's not what I am thinking of. The latest I probably saw this show was when I was 7 which was 1989... It looked like it was dated at the time.

No, thanks for the effort, but that's not what I am thinking of. The latest I probably saw this show was when I was 7 which was 1989... It looked like it was dated at the time.

685916[/snapback]

VITSIE was new in 1989... Now you got me on the quest!... Thanks!

Thought I had it... Sure it wasn't a Devo video?... :(:(;):D