game plan

mead107

It would be a great option, I'm all for it.

I'd also start the game with a 3WR set and go air borne, suprise this MOFOs, they're expecting a heavy dose of Henry early on. Flea flickers, reverses anything to catch them off guard.

51417[/snapback]

I had thought about surprising the Pats and starting with a 4WR no huddle attack...it sounded like a good idea but then I realized that Drew would be sacked 2 times and we'd go 3 and out to start the game. =/

I had thought about surprising the Pats and starting with a 4WR no huddle attack...it sounded like a good idea but then I realized that Drew would be sacked 2 times and we'd go 3 and out to start the game. =/

51549[/snapback]

But I think we should try it in the first series at least, we moved the ball well against the Jags with a slow paced no huddle.

Yep, there is the chance Drew will get sacked but if the offense can move the ball early on Drew will gain some needed confidence.

Bill Belichick reportedly put together a whole catalogue of the trick plays Mularkey has used over his years as coordinator for Pittsburgh just so NE would be prepared for them. Maybe Buffalo can run plays that look like all those trick plays but do something else, like run a flea flicker and have Drew pitch out a WR who then runs an end around instead of throwing to a WR on a fly route. It probably won't work, but we'd all get a good laugh out of it.

Take away the short pass and go after Brady all day long.

NE is not worried about Drew going deep on them. Expect to see lots of blitzes and pressure coming right up the middle. Maybe quick pop passes or hitting a back out of the backfield is the way to go.