Nate Clements = Judas

I'm sorry to crap in the punch bowl, but nc is taking the money and running. Over the next 15 months he stands to deposit about 25 mill in his bank account. Marv is going to pony up this year, but with Mcgee's recent contract as well as the three new rooks, he is simply renting. Da playmaker doesn't care about the team or our poor souls, he's eye efin all those zeros dancing in his head.

I'm sorry to crap in the punch bowl, but nc is taking the money and running. Over the next 15 months he stands to deposit about 25 mill in his bank account. Marv is going to pony up this year, but with Mcgee's recent contract as well as the three new rooks, he is simply renting. Da playmaker doesn't care about the team or our poor souls, he's eye efin all those zeros dancing in his head.

684964[/snapback]

They might as well call this the JFL then, cause I got news for ya - most every player in this league wants to be paid.

I respectfully dissent. I think the Bills will give him a large contract, for better or worse, and he'll still be a Bill. After the huge draft crop of CBs taken this year, there isn't a team who is going to be willing to pay him the kind of money next year that he wants. He'll take the Bills' offer, as long as it is over 6.3 million per year with achievable bonuses based on performance. If they don't offer him that kind of money (and his performance last year suggests they would perhaps be smart not too) then he will be gone.

Also everything that Marv and Jauron say about him and the ability he has and how important he is to the team leads me to believe they are going to do everything they can to keep him. He'll sign and be a Bill for quite some time.

I respectfully dissent.  I think the Bills will give him a large contract, for better or worse, and he'll still be a Bill.  After the huge draft crop of CBs taken this year, there isn't a team who is going to be willing to pay him the kind of money next year that he wants.  He'll take the Bills' offer, as long as it is over 6.3 million per year with achievable bonuses based on performance.  If they don't offer him that kind of money (and his performance last year suggests they would perhaps be smart not too) then he will be gone.

Also everything that Marv and Jauron say about him and the ability he has and how important he is to the team leads me to believe they are going to do everything they can to keep him.  He'll sign and be a Bill for quite some time.

684968[/snapback]

the bills drafted 3 db's with 3 of 4 first picks... I hope he stays but it is a business and I think they chose to lease rather than sign on long term.

684964[/snapback]

NEVER, E-E-Ever crap in the punch bowl, A-Gain! :P

NEVER, E-E-Ever crap in the punch bowl, A-Gain! :P

684986[/snapback]

Yeah, who wants corn kernels in their punch, anyway?? NOT ME, BROTHA!

i believe it was Jerry Glanville who said NFL stood for "Not For Long"

684997[/snapback]

Yep, one of the best soundbytes in NFL history :P I miss good ol' Jerry :lol:

the bills drafted 3 db's with 3 of 4 first picks... I hope he stays but it is a business and I think they chose to lease rather than sign on long term.

684977[/snapback]

And it would seem like a mutually beneficial lease. He has to work for the dough, and in essence he's being marketed at the same time. I don't know anything about the numbers part of it, but I'd be happy to have him around for another year if he's motivated to prove his worth. We're going to get our asses kicked this year, so have him show the new kids around, rotate them in when we're done for, and take a year for their transition. Then let him go get his money elsewhere.

I hate this part of the game, but there's nothing you can do about it, so...

The Bills drafted 1 cb and 2 safeties who do not play CB. Please do not say that they can just move to cb and be great.

685103[/snapback]

FWIW, Pat Kirwan* was saying on Sirius today that the reason Whitner (and Huff and Allen The Gimp) are so valuable is that coaches like BB have a harder time creating mismatches since they can cover anyone from smurf WRs to huge TEs.

* TSW-approved media guy

684964[/snapback]

Yeah :w00t: That's why he's at minicamp right now to learn the new defense... He could care less.