its finially starting to sink in

You missed the point of my post. The point is, it seems whenever someone wants to say something good about our secondary, someone is quick to point out our dline sucks, which has nothing to do with the original post.

684326[/snapback]

Our DLine does suck, but when we've lost a ton of games and have an even higher pick in next year's draft, we'll draft some DL players and then we'll REALLY rock! :lol:

Seriously though, I think we have the makings for a good defense. Building inside out or outside in, you gotta start somewhere. Levy et al chose the latter and, I believe, started on the right foot. It will be fun to watch the rooks. develop.

I'm still worried about our lb's....

As much as he's done everthing in his power to get back, I'm not sold on TKO just yet, Posey is OK and Fletch is a year older...I'm glad Crowell got some work last year but I'm not sold of our LB unit as a whole.

I hope TKO comes back 110% but thats not an easy injury to come back from...

we shall see...

And how they know that our defensive line sucks already is truly amazing. They saw the future and Triplett and McCargo just couldn't cut it. Bummer.

684344[/snapback]

I completely agree. We need to see these two beasts on the field to know how our d-line will turn out. Schobel played at a Pro Bowl level last year and I hope our revamped d-line can play up to his level. Obviously, the sick secondary and healthy LBs will only help them out.

You missed the point of my post. The point is, it seems whenever someone wants to say something good about our secondary, someone is quick to point out our dline sucks, which has nothing to do with the original post.

684326[/snapback]

I agree. But, you know what - if we find that the dline is doing fine, the sequence will be

- 'yeah but, we don't have any WRs to catch any balls',

- Fix WRs, 'yeah but we don't have an oline to let the Qb throw' -

- Fix OL ....

You get the point.

I think the secondary has a chance to be exceptional, but that it will take awhile...

My projected starters as of today:

Week 1 2006:

Left CB: McGee

Right CB: Clements

Nickel CB: McGee (King to LCB)

Left S: Bowen (with Whitner taking over before too long)

Right S: Baker (Vincent & Wire cut)

Week 1 2007:

Left CB: McGee

Right CB: Clements

Nickel CB: McGee (Youboty to LCB)

Left S: Whitner

Right S: Simpson

It gets a bit old hearing that a player on the DL needs to be 330+ to be effective...with that said,the Bills have the makings for the most athletic secondary we have ever had.I look forward to seeing these guys play..

with all this talk about buffalos "reaches" in the just completed draft.....i wonder when opposing head coaches have to start game planning for the bills this year they realize that trying to throw on the bills is going to be very difficult.first off the bills added larry triplett and drafted two defensive tackles to aid tim anderson in stopping the run.so when the bills are stuffing the run and the opposing quarterback is trying to either throw to his tight end or wideout the receiver will either get his head taken off by dontel whitner or ko simpson or the "lost a step " troy vincent will be in the perfect coverage to intercept the ball! i mean adding these kids to a team with nate clements,terrence mcgee and the free agent matt bowen,this secondary is gonna be killing receivers.i am sure london fletcher,and takeo will set the tone and teach these new additions how to play defense the right way.i was really opposed to the bills hiring dick jauron ,but it is very refreshing to see this team use the coaching staff,scouting staff and the gm to all be on the same page.its also nice to see that the bills now have some sort of a"game plan" or "philosophy" that i am sure will give the bills a new identity as a football team!........good luck to all the new draft picks and go bills in"06

684116[/snapback]

To take this one step further I think that the new plan is to get the down and distance situations going in our favor.....

You dont draft "quick" barely 300 pound DT's to stuff the run and hope that your DE's wreak havoc.....ou bring in guys like that to play IN THE OTHER TEAMS BACKFIELD....pressure QB's forcing to either throw early or run out of the pocket (right to our DE's)

To give a scenario of last year......last year we get the opponent into a forced passing down.....then....they converted it....over and over again.....

We get them into the same down this year.....we have those quick DT's to:

- Force a punt

- Make a mistake and throw a pick

- Get a sack (and a possible fumble)

How much more effective would our running game (and offense as a whole) be if we had more chances with the ball? If we were not forced to play from behind?