Whitner

Simpson

Youboty

Vincent

Baker

King

Greer

Thomas

What a bunch of playmakers!  I cannot wait to see this D play once they gel together!

679255[/snapback]

The secondary could be very good if these draft picks turn out that's a big if, odds are at least one of them doesn't. If I had to pick the guy that won't pan out I'd say it will be Youboty.

I wasn't happy with where the Bills selected Whitner but I have the feeling I'm going to love watching the guy play. I love guys that are technically sound and play with a lot of heart (like Winfield). I'm considering replacing my Moulds jersey with a Whitner one as long as it's available in a throw back.

Btw, Thomas is no longer with the team.

youboty may struggle, there is a reason he feel to the 3rd round. But he's a DB from Ohio state and they have a good track record. Imagine if McGee get injured and we were on monday night football (Althought we will not be) 4 times, The ohio state. Anderson, Clements, Youboty, and Whitner

It'll take a year or 2 for the new dratees to come of age. With Clements and Vincent pretty much gone next year we need to have multiple DB's drafted with a year under their belt for next season.

Youboty has the potential to develop into a very good cb, but it will take time as with any cb. I think Whitner will make a big impact this season and I can also see KO Simpson being pushed into the starting lineup. I wont say Vincent lacks heart but I think he's at that point in his career where he wont fight through even minor injuries. I could see him missing time at some point this season and KO stepping in. I like the potential these draftees have.

Hopefully we are entering the age of the Buffalo coverage sack.

679371[/snapback]

Ah, yes, hope. The eternal seller of season tickets for the Buffalo Bills franchise ;)

We can hope, can't we? I remember the last time we started a bunch of rooks in the defensive backfield. The result wasn't good.

Problem is, even in a dime package, which you can't play all day with, at most only 6 of those guys will be on the field at a time.  We over drafted for the position.

679382[/snapback]

With two starters leaving next year, how does taking three DBs translate into over-drafting?

With two starters leaving next year, how does taking three DBs translate into over-drafting?

679394[/snapback]

Yup, we added some needed depth and talent, no doubt we will have a top tier secondary in a few years.

Clements

Mcgee

Whitner

Simpson

Youboty

Vincent

Baker

King

Greer

Thomas

What a bunch of playmakers!  I cannot wait to see this D play once they gel together!

679255[/snapback]

CB 1: Clements

CB 2: McGee

CB 3: Greer

FS: Vincent

SS: Rookie

all the other players are depth guys who wont start. A rookie will start, which is usually not a great thing.

not a bad line up, but i will feel better about it once clements is signed to a long term deal.

Problem is, even in a dime package, which you can't play all day with, at most only 6 of those guys will be on the field at a time.  We over drafted for the position.

679382[/snapback]

DB is not a position. CB, FS, and SS are positions. we got a starting SS, a backup FS, and a backup CB.

the Pats taking several TEs in the draft was over drafting a position.

DB is not a position. CB, FS, and SS are positions. we got a starting SS, a backup FS, and a backup CB.

the Pats taking several TEs in the draft was over drafting a position.

679409[/snapback]

Whitner is a tweener. He can play Corner or Safety.

In addition we spent money on Bowens, and still have Vincent under contract. My issue is that we didn't need to draft our entire dime defense in a single draft.

Whitner is a tweener.  He can play Corner or Safety. 

In addition we spent money on Bowens, and still have Vincent under contract.  My issue is that we didn't need to draft our entire dime defense in a single draft.

679484[/snapback]

he may be a tweener, but he will play SS not CB. he was not drafted to replace Clements.

do you expect a 3rd and 4th rounder to start next season? i hope not. we needed depth at FS and we got it. we needed depth at CB and we got it. we needed a starting SS and we got it. we also needed a pass rushing DT and we got him too.