Why losman needs to start this year.

ICE

here is the REALITY of the Bills situation, Losman needs to start ASAP. I agree he is green as hell, he is a rookie. That is why he MUST PLAY. bottom line folks we WILL suffer through growing pains with a new/young QB. It doesn't matter who he is. Cinci sat Carson Palmer all last year thinking that would help him. I watched him on sunday submarine a win for the Bungles due to no ON THE FIELD Experience.

I don't care if it is Losman, Rothleswhatever, Manning, or whomever you will have growing pains and a development year. Yes I said YEAR.

The question is, do you want to get the kid about 8-10 games NOW or suffer through an entire season next year or the year after? Bledsoe will not take us to a superbowl. So now you have a decision to make. Personally I am the guy that goes and gets the shot over with NOW so I can feel better more quickly. But that is just me.

Either way...We WILL have a long season when losman starts...you might as well prepare for it now. And please don't start the "he sucks" He's a bust" BS with the kid. ALL QB's take a while to get good.

I agree with Ice to a certain extent. The only way I'd start JP is either a) DB is injured, or B) the season is tubed and there is no hope of a playoff

I agree JP needs to see the game at a faster pace than what he did in the preseason. Waiting until 2005 season for him and watch him suffer the growing pains then would not be wise. If DB flounders during a game and it's close, bring JP in for a change up. Defenses won't know how to play him. That might light the spark for the offense and get a win for that game.

Granted he's a rookie, but I see some savvy in this kid that gives the team hope. It's unfortunate he broke his leg. I think he would have been a nice change up in the first two games to get the offense on track. Nothing against DB, he's a professional and a stand up guy, but his game play and decision making skills are diminishing quickly.

Bills 24

Pats 17

How you manage to throw up these ideas on a regular basis is beyond me.

Are you simply out to rile people up? Or do you just enjoy reading your own words? Do you have so many things running through your head that at some point you decide to stop filtering and just unload?

We've played two games; two games which would could have easily won. But nonetheless you think we need to put in a rookie quarterback NOW before we've even had a chance to hit our stride? Before we've even had a chance to see what this team can do for more than two games?

You're ready to write off the season....because you think Bledsoe can't take us to the Super Bowl? How many people here actually THOUGHT we'd be GOING to the Super Bowl this year? Christ, man, you can count them on the hand of a bad woodshop teacher.

But people EXPECT us to return to the playoffs...or at the very least have a winning season, and there is still a very good chance that will happen.

But no. You've now decided that none of this will happen and we should take a kid who hasn't even recovered from a broken leg and throw him out there because it has to happen sooner or later.

Dude...I swear...I bet even your brain cells are standing around asking "What in the fug is he doing to us?"

Since Losman is not going to be ready for a few weeks, this is needless speculation.

If the Bills win the games that Losman is out, Bledsoe is the obvious choice to remain QB.

If they lose those games, start getting JP ready.

In any event, as soon as the Bills hit 8 or 9 loses, the JP "grooming" part of the season begins.

I wouldn't start banging the drum until this thing plays out a little longer.

here is the REALITY of the Bills situation, Losman needs to start ASAP. I agree he is green as hell, he is a rookie. That is why he MUST PLAY. bottom line folks we WILL suffer through growing pains with a new/young QB. It doesn't matter who he is. Cinci sat Carson Palmer all last year thinking that would help him. I watched him on sunday submarine a win for the Bungles due to no ON THE FIELD Experience.

I don't care if it is Losman, Rothleswhatever, Manning, or whomever you will have growing pains and a development year. Yes I said YEAR.

The question is, do you want to get the kid about 8-10 games NOW or suffer through an entire season next year or the year after? Bledsoe will not take us to a superbowl. So now you have a decision to make. Personally I am the guy that goes and gets the shot over with NOW so I can feel better more quickly. But that is just me.

Either way...We WILL have a long season when losman starts...you might as well prepare for it now. And please don't start the "he sucks" He's a bust" BS with the kid. ALL QB's take a while to get good.

50642[/snapback]

What you're forgetting is that there are 50 other guys on the roster and the organization and coaching staff owe it to those guys to put the best players on the field to give them the best chance of winning. When the best guy is Losman, he should start, not until then. Maybe that day is this year, maybe its next year, but you don't put him on the field until he earns it.

Of course I'm not going to preach about REALITY...because this is just my opinion...

What you're forgetting is that there are 50 other guys on the roster and the organization and coaching staff owe it to those guys to put the best players on the field to give them the best chance of winning.  When the best guy is Losman, he should start, not until then.  Maybe that day is this year, maybe its next year, but you don't put him on the field until he earns it.

Of course I'm not going to preach about REALITY...because this is just my opinion...

50683[/snapback]

you made a good point. just because Drew is the veteran dooes not mean he is the best guy.

if he continues to lose or even not win games for us i would have no problem going to JP or even the Florida kid. at least he can hit a 7 yard pass.

So instead of trying to talk football intelegently you guys resort to bashing and flaming. This is why people are leaving this board.

That said, I have the team at 7-3-3. I also say in reality we will finish 8-8. Now since we are 0-2 that would put us at 7-5 with 3 wildcards. Odds are we might win 2 of them. Reality says we lose 2 of them. there for we are at best 9-7. Not enough to make the playoffs and not enough to suffer through another year of "helping Drew"

since 97 it has been the same thing "I'm not ready to give up on this year". 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 03. So when DO you sacrifice ONE season to develop your future? And how can you call it a sacrifice considering we are 17-33 or something like it in the Donahoe era? With our D the worst we could do is what we are doing now...6-10, 7-9 or 8-8. but then on the other side of is is 11-5, 12-4 etc and playoff spots because you developed your talent.

But instead of actually thinking, you guys flame and bash.

Paco I actually use my brain cells. It takes brain cells to actually think, not be a homer or sit around flaming someone like a 12 year old in school.

What you're forgetting is that there are 50 other guys on the roster and the organization and coaching staff owe it to those guys to put the best players on the field to give them the best chance of winning.  When the best guy is Losman, he should start, not until then.  Maybe that day is this year, maybe its next year, but you don't put him on the field until he earns it.

50683[/snapback]

I disagree 100%. We owe them a paycheck. Plain and simple. Maybe the best chance to win is to let your talent develop for a year. 17-33 isn't exactly giving our great D a fighting chance is it? Not in my book. So since we can't win with Bledsoe, why not develop someone who might just win?

50642[/snapback]

Well ICE, I go about 50/50 agreeing with you / disagreeing with you.

Well, with this one, I am 100000% on the agree with you side. (and to the rest of you who chose to flame instead of reply, you really are helping the "atmosphere" around here")

Anyway, Like ICEman said, whether it be now or 3 years from now, ONE season will HAVE to be his first year. Sure, he might learn the plays by sitting on the bench holding a clipboard, but EVENTUALLY he is gonna have to take his licks and get the crap pounded out of him as a "rookie" QB.

By just keeping him on the bech for the sake of doing it is like keeping your infant child locked in a chair, because you are afraid that if they try to walk, they might fall. Well, guess what? When the kid is 4 years old, and you think now is the time, that fall is gonna be alot harder.

Iceman good post.

I'd love Losman to get some work.....I don't see him ready to PLAY for at least a month.....

If we were 4-2/3-3 at that point I say sit Losman.....however 2-4 and its over....EVERYTHING to gain by playing him.....

I'm not ready to sacrifice the entire season yet.....I'd like him to get about 6-8 starts if possible....

I don't want him getting hurt on his leg again just to add 2 more starts to his total......

Man I wish he wasn't hurt....

So instead of trying to talk football intelegently you guys resort to bashing and flaming.  This is why people are leaving this board.

That said, I have the team at 7-3-3.  I also say in reality we will finish 8-8.  Now since we are 0-2 that would put us at 7-5 with 3 wildcards.  Odds are we might win 2 of them. Reality says we lose 2 of them. there for we are at best 9-7. Not enough to make the playoffs and not enough to suffer through another year of "helping Drew"

since 97 it has been the same thing "I'm not ready to give up on this year".  98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 03.  So when DO you sacrifice ONE season to develop your future?  And how can you call it a sacrifice considering we are 17-33 or something like it in the Donahoe era?  With our D the worst we could do is what we are doing now...6-10, 7-9 or 8-8. but then on the other side of is is 11-5, 12-4 etc and playoff spots because you developed your talent.

But instead of actually thinking, you guys flame and bash.

Paco I actually use my brain cells. It takes brain cells to actually think, not be a homer or sit around flaming someone like a 12 year old in school.

50693[/snapback]

Has it dawned on you that maybe people leave the board because they originally come here to get excited about the upcoming game, and end up reading thread after thread about how after two weeks it's time to throw in the towel????

Do you believe that dumping the season and putting Losman in at the first opportunity is intelligent football? Maybe it is...if you're not the owner of the team, or a person who bought season tickets, or you're a person who somehow magically can see the future! How many people will show up after Losman loses his first three in a row? How many? The Ralph will look like Joe Robbie in no time.

I appreciate the concept of one step backwards, two steps forward. And when we've lost nine games and we're out of it, then sure...put in Losman and let him get his feet wet.

But in the meantime, WE'RE TWO GAMES INTO A 16-GAME SEASON! You have to put asses in seats, and what you're suggesting does just the opposite. Oh, sure, people will show up initially. And then? About half way through the season? When there is no chance for ANYTHING to happen other than position yourself for the draft? I'm sure that Ralph Wilson will look at the empty seats and think; "Man...I can't wait for next year because next year Losman will get us FIVE wins!"

Christ, man. There are bills to pay, seats to fill, tickets to sell, merchandise to unload, fried bologna sandwiches to vend...and you don't do that by throwing in rookie quarterback just because a few fatalists are convinced the season is over.

I look at quarters. 4-4 game seasons. In general, unless it's a complete train wreck, I reserve my "Big Changes" worthless opinions until the 4-5 break. One big win, one big loss could always be an aberation. 4 consecutive games shows a bigger picture. Games one and two were played against some pretty damn stout run defense. Playing a different "flavored" team or two might give a truer showing of what, if any, major adjustments need to be made.

Has it dawned on you that maybe people leave the board because they originally come here to get excited about the upcoming game, and end up reading thread after thread about how after two weeks it's time to throw in the towel????

At least he is talking about football.