Mel Kiper

Rico

The Cosell of draft day gets another A+ from me. So what if he thought McCargo was a bit of a reach & ruffled some homers' feathers? It's impossible for anyone to be 100% correct, but Kiper once again has done a tremendous job, THE TV voice of authority on the draft. :lol:

Congrats Mel! :lol:

i like mel.

he gives me the football fix i need in Feb., March., and April.

but anyone that gets hung up on his predictions (for example: McCargo) deserves to get hung up.

its no big deal. i like mel but i take what he says with a grain of salt.

i like mel.

he gives me the football fix i need in Feb., March., and April.

but anyone that gets hung up on his predictions (for example: McCargo) deserves to get hung up.

its no big deal.  i like mel but i take what he says with a grain of salt.

676772[/snapback]

Exactly... he didn't even really slam the pick either.

If the homers should be mad at anyone, it's Mort.

Exactly... he didn't even really slam the pick either.

If the homers should be mad at anyone, it's Mort.

676777[/snapback]

The one word that pins Mort is unprofessional. So he is friends with TD. Get over it. I have seen him on three different occasions just slam the Bills out of left field. After McCargo he slammed them again and went back to Whitner. Kiper basically said the Whitner pick was a good one.

Mort continues to go out of his way to slam the Bills. In the years TD was here we did no wrong in his eyes. That, my friends, is the work of a hack, not a professional.

The Cosell of draft day gets another A+ from me. So what if he thought McCargo was a bit of a reach & ruffled some homers' feathers? It's impossible for anyone to be 100% correct, but Kiper once again has done a tremendous job, THE TV voice of authority on the draft. :lol:

676765[/snapback]

He looked different today. Hair dye job maybe?

The one word that pins Mort is unprofessional.  So he is friends with TD.  Get over it.  I have seen him on three different occasions just slam the Bills out of left field.  After McCargo he slammed them again and went back to Whitner.  Kiper basically said the Whitner pick was a good one. 

Mort continues to go out of his way to slam the Bills.  In the years TD was here we did no wrong in his eyes.  That, my friends, is the work of a hack, not a professional.

676829[/snapback]

So you think if the Bills picked three players that Mort liked he would have slammed the Bills for picking crappy players?

676765[/snapback]

I feel sorry for the poor bastard. Imagine a life where all you did was study young twenty year old super freeks with inflated egos? No thanks

So you think if the Bills picked three players that Mort liked he would have slammed the Bills for picking crappy players?

676843[/snapback]

In a nutshell......Yup.

I base this on him stating that none of the Bills problems are TD's fault and that RW basically runs GMs out of town. We have had three GMs since Polian took over in the late 80s. What is the average number of GMs per team in that time period? My guess is that 3 is below the average.

Ever since this diatribe, I have not seen him say one word about any Bills player, management member or coach that is positive. The math doesn't add up. That's a lot of people for everyone to be an idiot. And suddenly Modrak goes from genius to moron?

The one word that pins Mort is unprofessional.  So he is friends with TD.  Get over it.  I have seen him on three different occasions just slam the Bills out of left field.  After McCargo he slammed them again and went back to Whitner.  Kiper basically said the Whitner pick was a good one. 

Mort continues to go out of his way to slam the Bills.  In the years TD was here we did no wrong in his eyes.  That, my friends, is the work of a hack, not a professional.

676829[/snapback]

I AGREE MORTENSON IS A HACK AND NOTHING BETTER THAN THE VILLAGE IDIOT OF ESPN!

no i will not turn off my caps locks...

In a nutshell......Yup.

I base this on him stating that none of the Bills problems are TD's fault and that RW basically runs GMs out of town.  We have had three GMs since Polian took over in the late 80s.  What is the average number of GMs per team in that time period?  My guess is that 3 is below the average. 

Ever since this diatribe, I have not seen him say one word about any Bills player, management member or coach that is positive.  The math doesn't add up.  That's a lot of people for everyone to be an idiot.  And suddenly Modrak goes from genius to moron?

676870[/snapback]

I have yet to see anythiung Mort has said about the Bills disproved. Do I believe everything he says? Of course not. But in order for you or me or anyone to say this or that guy is wrong there must or should be some proof no? For example, what he reported about the Moulds situation last year wasn't ever evn refuted let alone disproved. Mort doesn't seem to me to be a guy who says stuff way out of line.

I have yet to see anythiung Mort has said about the Bills disproved. Do I believe everything he says? Of course not. But in order for you or me or anyone to say this or that guy is wrong there must or should be some proof no? For example, what he reported about the Moulds situation last year wasn't ever evn refuted let alone disproved. Mort doesn't seem to me to be a guy who says stuff way out of line.

676977[/snapback]

RW runs GMs out of town? (3 GMs in 17 years)

None of the Bills problems are TD's fault? :lol::lol:

Your standards of disproof are indeed high.

RW runs GMs out of town? (3 GMs in 17 years)

None of the Bills problems are TD's fault?   :lol:  :lol:

Your standards of disproof are indeed high.

676982[/snapback]

Show me where he said none of the Bills problems were TD's fault.

Ralph clearly ran three three GMs out of town, Polian, AJ and TD. Whether it was a legitimate move by the owner is arguable. I think he probably made the right move most of the time. But he definitely ran three GMs out of town.

Ralph clearly ran three three GMs out of town, Polian, AJ and TD. Whether it was a legitimate move by the owner is arguable. I think he probably made the right move most of the time. But he definitely ran three GMs out of town.

676998[/snapback]

You want links now? I'm not lying.

The TD fauult thing was in a chat and the GM thing was on TV. "Run out of town" implies "not given a fair chance". Mortenson could give a crap about Butler or Polian. TD was certainly given a fair chance. He certainly wasn't solely to blame, but he had a big role.

The Cosell of draft day gets another A+ from me. So what if he thought McCargo was a bit of a reach & ruffled some homers' feathers? It's impossible for anyone to be 100% correct, but Kiper once again has done a tremendous job, THE TV voice of authority on the draft. ;)

Congrats Mel! :devil:

676765[/snapback]

No question about it Mel is always great...

I've come to like Mike Mayock quite a bit as well so I Taped The NFL Network on the other TV to watch later... :)

You want links now?  I'm not lying.

The TD fauult thing was in a chat and the GM thing was on TV.  "Run out of town" implies "not given a fair chance".  Mortenson could give a crap about Butler or Polian.  TD was certainly given a fair chance.  He certainly wasn't solely to blame, but he had a big role.

677028[/snapback]

Run out of town to me does not imply not given a chance. Ralph had a personality issue with Polian and was responsible for Polian leaving. Polian is arguably the best or one of the best GMs in league. Again, I am not arguing that it wasn't inevitable or reasonable but it's a fact that Ralph had the best GM in 5the league at the time and he got rid of him. He had Butler, and Butler decided he needed to leave. AJ Smith went with him. I just don't understand why anyone would think that Mort just hates the Bills and will badmouth them just for revenge.

676998[/snapback]

I do know one quote from Mort that he repeated a couple times while defending TD was basically "Sometimes you can make all the right decisions and it's just not your Year." :)

There is absolutely no question Mort has defended TD like he's carrying his Love-Child. No question at all...And I was always a Mort Fan, but there is a certain bitterness to his comments concerning the Bills now and it's just childish...He's really got a hard-on for the Bills Organization now which is being aided by another kind of hard-on for TD it seems...

Mort Hearts TD... :devil:

Run out of town to me does not imply not given a chance. Ralph had a personality issue with Polian and was responsible for Polian leaving. Polian is arguably the best or one of the best GMs in league. Again, I am not arguing that it wasn't inevitable or reasonable but it's a fact that Ralph had the best GM in 5the league at the time and he got rid of him. He had Butler, and Butler decided he needed to leave. AJ Smith went with him. I just don't understand why anyone would think that Mort just hates the Bills and will badmouth them just for revenge.

677193[/snapback]

I'm not sure he hates the Bills as much as he loves TD. It's understandable to defend a friend, but friendship should not impact your professional stance. If your friend screws something up, you tell him.