McCargo 21st rated player in draft, from PFW

After reading that Whitner may have been taken next by the Lions, and that a draft guy had the Bills taking him at 8, I feel better about that pick.

McCargo missed the last 5 games last year, otherwise he might have been a top 15 pick, who knows? If he fits the scheme, and becomes a starter this year, he is worth it.

I don't like throwing in a 3rd, but at least we have another one right in front of it.

I don't like Mortensen trashing the Bills like that. He and Kiper need to spend less time on their hair, and more on pertinent information.

quote=TC in St. Louis,Apr 29 2006, 06:38 PM]

I don't like Mortensen trashing the Bills like that. He and Kiper need to spend less time on their hair, and more on pertinent information.

676102[/snapback]

Mortensen almost made it seem like a personal vendetta against the bills. Kiper didnt have a problem with the whitner pick he wasnt thrilled about mccargo.

If he fits the scheme, and becomes a starter this year, he is worth it.

676102[/snapback]

You're not going to like it then because he will NOT be the starter. He's going to rotate with Tripplett as a 3 technique. Anderson right now is the starter at nose/overtackle/1-tech

You're not going to like it then because he will NOT be the starter.  He's going to rotate with Tripplett as a 3 technique.  Anderson right now is the starter at nose/overtackle/1-tech

676111[/snapback]

No. Levy and the D Coordinator said at the press conference that he will play both positions though whomever plays will be rotating.

Ozy,

They are probably going to rotate these guys in and out of those 2 positions to keep them fresh.......

676200[/snapback]

I actually feel pretty good about our defensive tackles right now. I dig McCargo. I would like to sign another veteran but right now I can live, in this defense, with Triplett and McCargo and Anderson in a rotation. Who knows. And I would actually LOVE our DTs if we still had Adams and these three guys, which IMO we should have done.

quote=TC in St. Louis,Apr 29 2006, 06:38 PM]

676102[/snapback]

Mortensen almost made it seem like a personal vendetta against the bills. Kiper didnt have a problem with the whitner pick he wasnt thrilled about mccargo.

676108[/snapback]

I HATE MORTENSON SCREW HIM...HE'S NOTHING BUT DONAHOES BUTT BUDDY!!!

676108[/snapback]

I HATE MORTENSON SCREW HIM...HE'S NOTHING BUT DONAHOES BUTT BUDDY!!!

676210[/snapback]

He does. There is no question about that.