• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Per Gil Brandt's analysis, this sounds like the kind of guy Marv might target:

9. Andrew Whitworth, LSU (6-7; 5.18)

He had a complete workout at the Combine. He clocked 5.16 and 5.20 in the 40, 4.83 in the short shuttle, and 7.47 in the three-cone drill. He had a 30½-inch vertical jump, a 9-foot-4 broad jump and did 38 lifts. His arm length measures 35 inches (left-handed). Plays offensive line and also plays basketball at a high level; golf and tennis, too. He redshirted in 2001 and then started the next 52 games at left tackle (a school record).

He's a great character person. He has long arms and big hands (10 1/8 inches). Very good worker both on and off the field. Good competitor and is athletic, but not sure he is quick enough to play left tackle in the NFL. His best position is most likely at right tackle. He'll play a long time for a team.

Whitworth played at LT, but may shift to RT in the NFL.

That said, he'd be in the top 3 tackles I'd like to see in Buffalo.

Great quickness.

676132[/snapback]

Keep your fingers crossed...we might start to be getting a run on OL guys after San Diego nabed McNeill.

My hope is that Scott will still be there.

Winston and Jean-Gilles with both be gone by then I'd say!

676169[/snapback]

Instead he is a cheatin' bastard like the rest of the Titans. Instead of being in blue in red that is.

I'm sorry, it was there i had to take it, and i still have hard feelings.

The thing that i find most interesting is that a guy like Jean-Giles has not appeared on Mel Kiper's best avaiable window on ESPN. Weren't the majority of the people slotting him to go early second, as well as Leonard Pope?

The thing that i find most interesting is that a guy like Jean-Giles has not appeared on Mel Kiper's best avaiable window on ESPN. Weren't the majority of the people slotting him to go early second, as well as Leonard Pope?

676207[/snapback]

Jean-Gilles fell as the off-season wore on. I think late second is about what is expected. The way things are going he may drop to the 3rd.

It's long shot, but if JG or Spencer are there, I really hope we grab em.

Jean-Gilles fell as the off-season wore on.  I think late second is about what is expected.  The way things are going he may drop to the 3rd.

It's long shot, but if JG or Spencer are there, I really hope we grab em.

676215[/snapback]

Good view, i think if Spencer is there the Bills will take him because he reminds me of someone like Ruben Brown. Based on this first first round pick, i think it is obvious that Marv tries to draft guys that are similar to guys that he had success with in the past.