Whitner on Sirius NFL Radio

disco

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Says Ravens said they were going to pick him at 13, and expected the call from them today....but also says about an hour ago the bills told his agent they'd be taking him at #8.

674815[/snapback]

That doesn't make any sense. They all ready have an All-World safety.

The Bills filled a position of desparate need. Ngata and Bunkley both had question marks--Triplett helps fill the D-line hole.

Whitner does not have question marks--he's a fast strong hard-hitting safety who will maul on special teams. The Ravens would have nabbed him at 12, so taking him at 8 might not have been so bad. If the Bills had an offer from Detriot, AZ, or St. Luois, then they could have risked the trade, but it sounds like they got one of the only impact players (for them) available at that pick.

The Bills filled a position of desparate need. Ngata and Bunkley both had question marks--Triplett helps fill the D-line hole.

Whitner does not have question marks--he's a fast strong hard-hitting safety who will maul on special teams. The Ravens would have nabbed him at 12, so taking him at 8 might not have been so bad. If the Bills had an offer from Detriot, AZ, or St. Luois, then they could have risked the trade, but it sounds like they got one of the only impact players (for them) available at that pick.

674855[/snapback]

I live here in Baltimore and I never heard a word about S being considered for them. Does Ed Reed mean anything to you?

The Bills filled a position of desparate need.

674855[/snapback]

Why was that a position of desperate need? Oh, because Marv cut the starter. Milloy wasn't great but with him back there (healthy) SS is not a desperate need.

That doesn't make any sense.  They all ready have an All-World safety.

674853[/snapback]

Baltimore wanted Ngata all along - so they made Buffalo pick Whitner believing he wouldn´t be there at 15. By deceiving Buffalo, they assured their man would be there when they picked, although they needed to trade with Cleveland to be sure of that.

If Baltimore didn´t want Ngata so badly, would they have traded up? Think a little...

674855[/snapback]

best and probably most accurate post i've read today

see, so everyone saying he would be there at 15..... stfu  :(

674840[/snapback]

yeah, like he wouldnt want to put a spin on it himself

the Ravens wanted Ngata and ended up getting him and wouldnt have taken Whitner ahead of him

Says Ravens said they were going to pick him at 13, and expected the call from them today....but also says about an hour ago the bills told his agent they'd be taking him at #8.

674815[/snapback]

Listened to the whole interview.

He sounded SHARP.

Yeah, like everyone else, I wished we could trade down and get another pick but I'm feeling a lot better about the pick now. I think the Bills were targetting this guy all along.

So what should the Bills have done? Draft a 2 down Ngata or Bunkley? Get a grip. The Bills need guys who can play EVERY down. Whitner will. Right now. And he'll play special teams. And he doesn't have Bunkley's baggage.

It's a good pick. Just not a sexy one.

So what should the Bills have done? Draft a 2 down Ngata or Bunkley? Get a grip. The Bills need guys who can play EVERY down. Whitner will. Right now. And he'll play special teams. And he doesn't have Bunkley's baggage.

It's a good pick. Just not a sexy one.

674908[/snapback]

How is Bunkley a two-down player? Sure they'll rotate DTs but Bunkley can play on any down.