If you have trouble getting to work on Monday,

pdh1

While I don't think full amnesty is the answer, some of the obvious stereotypical racist sh-- happening in this thread is retarded.

679185[/snapback]

Where in this thread are the protesters referred too in any racial terms?

Again, the race card comes out when there is no logic left to present your opinion.

Just like Cynthia on the hill.

I think people holding signs saying "Latino Power" and "This continent is ours" are far more racially offense then anything in this thread.

Those who think this is about 'immigrant rights' and not about ethnic solidarity are clueless.

I don't see to many kenyans marching with them, do you?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I don't think full amnesty is the answer, some of the obvious stereotypical racist sh-- happening in this thread is retarded.

679185[/snapback]

What part of illegal is too difficult to comprehend?

Besides, if I had to go through the endless months of red tape and bureaucratic mumbo jumbo to get a green card, then everyone should have to. It's a right of passage thing IMO.

675323[/snapback]

Very interesting point and one that seems to be ignored in all of this. How will legal immigrants feel if amnesty is given to the criminals? You went through the process. You went through the red tape. You did everything legally. Now some criminal wants to bypass the system. How would that make you feel?

It's not right.

What part of illegal is too difficult to comprehend?

679284[/snapback]

Illegial? No...WE American citizens are in the WRONG now...didn't you receive that memo?? :)

And shame on the immigrants who went through the LEGAL channels to get here....just cross ILLEGIALLY and protest!!!!

This nation is getting more pathetic by the minute.

I am proud of our LEGAL immigrants!

I tip my hat to you. :doh:

It won't bother me to have a day without Mexicans. 

I already cut my own lawn and clean my own pool.

The gas station on the corner is run by Iranians and my Starbucks cashier is Chinese. My company is owned by Germans and staffed by Americans, Germans, Indians and Arabs.

Besides, if I had to go through the endless months of red tape and bureaucratic mumbo jumbo to get a green card, then everyone should have to. It's a right of passage thing IMO.

675323[/snapback]

I'm reporting live from Los Angeles where the protesting immigrants have clearly made this a day like no other. We are being taught a very valuable lesson right now, and we need to all pay attention to the message they're trying to send.

First, I was able to get my Lexus through the parking lot at The Home Depot in record time, but I also came THIS close to hitting some shopping carts with my car. Usually I will hit an illegal or two, but they're slippery and don't dent my car like a shopping cart. We're getting early reports of over a dozen car dents just this morning.

We swung by the hospital afterwards, and the place looked like a Christmas episode of ER. Doctors and nurses alike were forced to leave early today as there was no one to treat. How can these physicians pay their bills if there is no one to heal for free?

My entire family's Vitamin C intake has plummeted today and my wife is very mad because every morning I bring home oranges and cut flowers from Sanchez at the corner of Pico De Gallo and Casa Robles, but he was nowhere to be found.

We went by the fruit stand, which stayed open so Billy McWhitey could unload yesterday's tasty fruits, but a quart of strawberries went up by twenty cents. Completely unfair.

Please, please, please give these people what they want: A free life where everything is free and all they have to do is squeeze their ass in the back of a van and tolerate the smell of urine-soaked Wranger jeans for a couple of days.

When will the madness stop, I ask you? Please...senors and senoritas...we get your message. Please, come back to work. Please.

This is Les Nessman, reporting from Los Angeles.

I'm reporting live from Los Angeles where the protesting immigrants have clearly made this a day like no other. We are being taught a very valuable lesson right now, and we need to all pay attention to the message they're trying to send.

First, I was able to get my Lexus through the parking lot at The Home Depot in record time, but I also came THIS close to hitting some shopping carts with my car. Usually I will hit an illegal or two, but they're slippery and don't dent my car like a shopping cart. We're getting early reports of over a dozen car dents just this morning.

We swung by the hospital afterwards, and the place looked like a Christmas episode of ER. Doctors and nurses alike were forced to leave early today as there was no one to treat. How can these physicians pay their bills if there is no one to heal for free?

My entire family's Vitamin C intake has plummeted today and my wife is very mad because every morning I bring home oranges and cut flowers from Sanchez at the corner of Pico De Gallo and Casa Robles, but he was nowhere to be found.

We went by the fruit stand, which stayed open so Billy McWhitey could unload yesterday's tasty fruits, but a quart of strawberries went up by twenty cents. Completely unfair.

Please, please, please give these people what they want: A free life where everything is free and all they have to do is squeeze their ass in the back of a van and tolerate the smell of urine-soaked Wranger jeans for a couple of days.

When will the madness stop, I ask you? Please...senors and senoritas...we get your message. Please, come back to work. Please.

This is Les Nessman, reporting from Los Angeles.

680271[/snapback]

:doh:

You are a God among men, LA.

I could see two outcomes from this "Day Without Document Challenged People".

1. They succeed in harming the economy and shutting down many cities. Citizens get angry and realize that the illegals are willing to screw this country and it's legal citizens to get whet they want. The backlash leads to much greater support for getting rid of the illegals.

2. No real effect on the economy or daily lives of the citizens. People realize that enforcing immigration laws will not lead to the total collapse of our economy. Taxes go down due to the lighter load on our healh care system, schools, social services, etc.

Either way the U.S.A. wins.

I could see two outcomes from this "Day Without Document Challenged People". 

1. They succeed in harming the economy and shutting down many cities.  Citizens get angry and realize that the illegals are willing to screw this country and it's legal citizens to get whet they want.  The backlash leads to much greater support for getting rid of the illegals.

2. No real effect on the economy or daily lives of the citizens.  People realize that enforcing immigration laws will not lead to the total collapse of our economy.  Taxes go down due to the lighter load on our healh care system, schools, social services, etc.

Either way the U.S.A. wins.

680301[/snapback]

If two planes taking out the World Trade Center and shutting down Wall Street for a week doesn't hurt us or make us angry, neither will a million illegals taking a day off. If you stop to think how far a day's pay goes for them versus us, you realize they are collectively hurting themselves more than anything because, quite frankly, they can't do enough damage in one day to make us remember it for more than two.

Want to know what effect they had on me, my city (Richmond) today?

ZERO. NADDA.

But that's not what the news will report. I am sure they will try and say that the illegals have sparked the New Great Depression with thier awesome show of strength.

Don't make me laugh!

Very interesting point and one that seems to be ignored in all of this. How will legal immigrants feel if amnesty is given to the criminals? You went through the process. You went through the red tape. You did everything legally. Now some criminal wants to bypass the system. How would that make you feel?

It's not right.

679285[/snapback]

As the husband of a LEGAL immigrant, who was made to jump through innumerable hoops in order to obtain her green card, here's how I'll feel if amnesty is granted to illegal immigrants: like the bulldog in those old Tom and Jerry cartoons, where he sees a thought bubble of himself transmogrifying into an ass (donkey). :doh:

We did everything by the book, spent uncountable hours waiting in line at INS, drove downtown multiple times at 4:00 a.m. to be sure and get there in time to get processed before the hard-working bureaucrats took their mid-morning/cigarette/coffee/bathroom/lunch/telephone-breaks, etc., and they still left us dangling for nearly three YEARS before finally issuing the permanent resident card.

I will also mention that the fact that my wife is NOT hispanic meant that we were repeatedly shafted during our encounters with L.A.'s INS offices. Announcements given only in Spanish, preferential treatment/scheduling given to spanish-speakers who cut the lines and had rapid-fire exchanges with the (coincidentally?) spanish-speaking clerks, having our application forms mysteriously "disappear" only to be magically found after all the other (spanish-speaking) applicants got processed, and on and on.

All of which we gritted our teeth and endured. But if it turns out that all we had to do was breed a lot and loudly complain about racism, then we really missed out on some fun times by wasting all that time and money playing fair. And IF that turns out to be the case, well maybe I ought to smarten up and start ignoring whatever laws might cramp my style in future. :P

I feel the hot wind on my shoulder And the touch of a world that is older I hit the switch and check the number I leave it on and then I slumber I hear the rythm ringing through it Flomemenco guitar y Cumbia music I hear the talking of the dj Lets have a listen What does he say? Im on a mexican radio Im on a mexican woah radio I dial it in and tune the station They talk about the iraq invasion I understand just a little No comprende its a riddle Im on a mexican radio Im on a mexican woah radio I wish I was in tijuana Sipping back an ice cold cahuama I take request on the telephone Im on a wavelength far from home I feel the hot wind on my shoulder I dial in from south of the border I hear the talking of the dj Let try to figure What does he say Im on a mexican radio(what does he say?) (woah) Im on a mexican woah radio ( what does he say?) (woah) Im on a mexican radio (what does he say?...................Remember that song from the 80's :doh:

I feel the hot wind on my shoulder      And the touch of a world that is older    I hit the switch and check the number      I leave it on and then I slumber    I hear the rythm ringing through it        Flomemenco guitar y Cumbia music        I hear the talking of the dj        Lets have a listen    What does he say?    Im on a mexican radio      Im on a mexican woah radio        I dial it in and tune the station        They talk about the iraq invasion      I understand just a little        No comprende its a riddle        Im on a mexican radio      Im on a mexican woah radio      I wish I was in tijuana          Sipping back an ice cold cahuama    I take request on the telephone      Im on a wavelength far from home      I feel the hot wind on my shoulder        I dial in from south of the border      I hear the talking of the dj        Let try to figure      What does he say        Im on a mexican radio(what does he say?) (woah)    Im on a mexican  woah  radio ( what does he say?) (woah) Im on a mexican radio (what does he say?...................Remember that song from the 80's :doh:

680491[/snapback]

Ah yes, Wall of Voodoo

I feel the hot wind on my shoulder       And the touch of a world that is older    I hit the switch and check the number       I leave it on and then I slumber    I hear the rythm ringing through it        Flomemenco guitar y Cumbia music         I hear the talking of the dj        Lets have a listen    What does he say?    Im on a mexican radio       Im on a mexican woah radio        I dial it in and tune the station         They talk about the iraq invasion       I understand just a little        No comprende its a riddle        Im on a mexican radio       Im on a mexican woah radio       I wish I was in tijuana          Sipping back an ice cold cahuama     I take request on the telephone      Im on a wavelength far from home      I feel the hot wind on my shoulder        I dial in from south of the border       I hear the talking of the dj        Let try to figure       What does he say         Im on a mexican radio(what does he say?) (woah)    Im on a mexican  woah  radio ( what does he say?) (woah) Im on a mexican radio (what does he say?...................Remember that song from the 80's :doh:

680491[/snapback]

I always thought it was:

I wish I was in tijuana

Eating bbqued Iguana.

But your version makes much more sense.

EDIT: According to a few lyrics sites that I visited, it actually IS eating bbqued iguana.