Bills-Rams trade in the works?

We're probably laughing either way.

If Cutler doesn't make it to #8, that would mean we will probably get one of the upper echelon picks...Hawk, D'Brick, Davis, Huff.

It's ALL GOOD  :D

671573[/snapback]

It'd be awesome if somebody in the top 7 slots jumped on Akili Boller. Oh, I meant Cutler of course.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you please explain to me why you discount the importance of an absolutely certain Hall of Fame LT in terms of winning the superbowl? Then, I will can the sarcasm.  :D

671694[/snapback]

I am not discounting it, I agree that Pace was a big part of that team winning a Super Bowl but he definetly wasnt the only reason. I know for a fact that if he were the only lineman trying to block 5 guys odds are he wouldnt look that good, my point is there whole line did a great job not just one guy. What did they run behind pace on every play. cmon its a whole team effort.

None of us know for sure if Losman is any good.

But, to answer your question, I make the case that the best quarterbacks in football couldn't succeed on the current Bills. The Colts drafted Glenn and Meadows, THEN they took Manning. Brady and Big Ben stepped into teams that had a solid foundation.

I liken the scenario of the Bills wasting another 1st round pick on a qb to a dog chasing it's tail. How will we ever find out if JP (or for that matter Nall) are any good until they are given a chance to play on a strong team?

671627[/snapback]

trust me, the offensive line for NE would not be regarded as very good if, say, rob johnson -- or drew bledsoe!! -- played behind it. brady makes it look a *lot* better than it really is.

as for your comment about warner above, he's not the same player since he injured his hand in the super bowl against the pats.

Would you please explain to me why you discount the importance of an absolutely certain Hall of Fame LT in terms of winning the superbowl? Then, I will can the sarcasm.  :lol:

671694[/snapback]

Wow! Let's put the absolutely certain HOF player D'Brick @ LT w/ our all world pick from a couple of years go (can't miss), RT Mike Williams. :D

Now, we have some protection, er... Mikey, where are you? :P Oh, I guess he wasn't as sure a bet as we thought. :lol:

Now, if D'Brick fell to us at #8 I would be thrilled. What we really want to see if one of 2 scenario's. 1) All 3 QBs taken early and a prime player will fall to #8, ie. D'Brick or 2) only 1 or 2 QBs are taken early. This would leave Cutler and possibly Young out there at our pick. Perfect trade bait at #8 and the price will go up for our pick.

Also, with all of these picks this year, IMO we should also be looking to next year by looking for 2007 draft picks for some of our 2006 picks, IMO.

Wow!  Let's put the absolutely certain HOF player D'Brick @ LT w/ our all world pick from a couple of years go (can't miss), RT Mike Williams.  :D

Now, we have some protection, er... Mikey, where are you?  :P Oh, I guess he wasn't as sure a bet as we thought.  :lol:

Now, if D'Brick fell to us at #8 I would be thrilled.  What we really want to see if one of 2 scenario's.  1)  All 3 QBs taken early and a prime player will fall to #8, ie. D'Brick or 2) only 1 or 2 QBs are taken early.  This would leave Cutler and possibly Young out there at our pick.  Perfect trade bait at #8 and the price will go up for our pick.

Also, with all of these picks this year, IMO we should also be looking to next year by looking for 2007 draft picks for some of our 2006 picks, IMO.

671866[/snapback]

I was referring to Pace, not Ferguson.

And yes, it would be good to stack up draft picks once again in 07.

trust me, the offensive line for NE would not be regarded as very good if, say, rob johnson -- or drew bledsoe!! -- played behind it. brady makes it look a *lot* better than it really is.

as for your comment about warner above, he's not the same player since he injured his hand in the super bowl against the pats.

671795[/snapback]

Well, that settles that. I stand corrected. It's all about qbs and hands.

I was referring to Pace, not Ferguson.

And yes, it would be good to stack up draft picks once again in 07.

671874[/snapback]

All my stupid reply was saying is that D'Brick isn't necessarily a lock. We thought Mike Williams was the shiznit, but he couldn't even handle being a guard in our offensive line. B-)

I would hate to trade up to get him....now, if he happens to fall to #8, then I would take him.

Is your final mock a prediction or a wish list? Either way, that is the best one I have seen.  B-)

671893[/snapback]

Aside from the first rounder (which is all cray-zay right now depending if D'Brick actually does fall or if we trade down or up or God knows what) its a prediction.

I have a good feeling the Bills will take a Guard in the second and I also feel confident they'll go for not one but two DTs in this draft. Basically the only real DTs we have on roster are Triplett and Anderson so I could see them using one late on Day One and one early on Day Two on DTs. I'm a big fan of Mahelona, he's one of the most underrated prospects in this draft.

I'm sure some people will not like my mock because it lacks a CB and only takes a LB very late, but to me we have more pressing needs like rebuilding the lines. Besides, I actually really like our CB depth with King, Greer and Kiwaukee Thomas. Plus, FA is still pretty good for solid nickel or dime CBs so I just dont see the reason to spend a draft pick on one.