If Leinart falls to our pick . . .

Peter

What would you do?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• Pick Leinart (presuming D'Brick, Hawk, Bunckley, Ngata, Davis, Williams, are gone)
    • Pick next best player that fills a need
    • Pick best available player regardless of position
    • Trade down

Not a snowball's chance in hell he makes it that far, but he just doesn't seem like a Buffalo guy at all to me. Last thing I want on my team is some pretty boy who hangs out with Nick Lachey. He seems like a douchebag in the Brady mould, without having proven anything on an NFL field.

I said trade down, btw.

the Bills cant spend another first round pick on a QB..not admitting your mistakes and moving on can hinder a team but its still too early to give up on Losman. The guy has all the physical tools and has shown flashes, some good coaching and support from his coaches and teamates could do a lot for him

the biggest knock on Lienart is his arm strength and the first thing you need as a QB in Buffalo is arm strength

I also dont think he will fall, if Tenn doesnt take him at worst Oakland will

For what it is worth, Pro Football Talk seems to think that Leinart is going to fall a la Rodgers.

Leinart bracing for slide

I personally do not believe this.

Yet, if Leinart were to fall to 8, what would you do if you were the Bills' GM?

671104[/snapback]

according to article they think marv is nutty so wjo knows what we might do :-)

Interesting choice. Should be able to get a GREAT deal on a trade down. On the other hand our existing quarterback clique hasn't inspired all that confidence. I think I'd probably take a deep breath, trade down, and hope to fill four or five major holes in the team with the picks. DT, OT, G, TE, S, and CB could all use lots of help.

according to article they think marv is nutty so wjo knows what we might do :-)

671126[/snapback]

For some reason, those guys at PFT have it in for both Marv and Ralph. I enjoy reading PFT most of the time except lately when they have gone out of their way to diss the Bills, Marv, and Ralph.

I say unless Leinart can fetch us a bundle of good picks, I say pick Leinart.

671133[/snapback]

That probably would be what it would come down to. If we could get good value for trading down, we would.

If not, I could see the Bills taking him. Every time I have seen him play, he has been a leader, has complete command of the offense, and gets the ball where it should go.

I initially voted for trading down, but, if he is anything like Tom Brady, I would have to change my vote.

671124[/snapback]

I know what you're saying, but he just seems like the kind of guy I can't stand to the point that I wouldn't want him on my team, no matter how good it is. It's a total hypothetical, but to me it's like Ray Lewis or Deion Sanders. I know they're good, perhaps great football players, I just hate their personalities all the way.

That probably would be what it would come down to.  If we could get good value for trading down, we would. 

If not, I could see the Bills taking him.  Every time I have seen him play, he has been a leader, has complete command of the offense, and gets the ball where it should go.

671139[/snapback]

In sunny Southern California.

Try that arm in the swirling winds of the Ralph first.

671143[/snapback]

My question would be then, how has Leinart performed in places like Washingon State, Oregon, etc???

Not exactly Buffalo, but WSU can get some nasty weather

671143[/snapback]

That is the question. I really do not know the answer to that. Yet, when I saw him play in person in the Orange Bowl against the Sooners, his arm was plenty strong enough in a big time game.

To follow up on your other post, Brady is not known for having the strongest arm, but he does well there, Buffalo, and pretty much everywhere else.

To me, another consideration would be whether the Bills think that he would want to play in Buffalo or whether he has his heart set on playing in a "Big Market."

How do you like JP?

671145[/snapback]

I do like JP. I think he has the arm, he has said all the right things and has not given any indication in the media that he is a problem, or cocky, in terms of being a good teammate.

If you want to look at why that locker room disintegrated, look at the veteran "leaders" like Moulds and dimwit coaches who took the problems to the media and were always looking for the quick fix (whether it was starting, benching JP, etc, etc, etc).

Edit: and, JP has been vocal about wanting to be here. I see a guy like Leinart pulling any string possible to get out of a place like Buffalo and into a place like LA or Oakland.

Edited by RuntheDamnBall

Not a snowball's chance in hell he makes it that far, but he just doesn't seem like a Buffalo guy at all to me.  Last thing I want on my team is some pretty boy who hangs out with Nick Lachey.  He seems like a douchebag in the Brady mould, without having proven anything on an NFL field.

I said trade down, btw.

671117[/snapback]

tough words, but I agree.