D'Brick ... who might be interested?

damj

Okay, so it looks like at least one of, and probably both of Ngata and Bunkley will be there at 8, and some mock drafts have D'Brick falling into our lap.

When watching the draft on saturday, who do we have to worry about? What other teams do you think might go for him?

There really are not any worries per say

Like you surmise, Huff - Bunkley - and Ngata should be there at 8

with only a few objectors, the great majority believe these guys are worthy of pick 8 and are a position of need for the Bills.

IF Bush (hahaha), Williams (ditto), Leinart, Young, Hawk, Ferguson fall to us - then the Bills may pause (probably not for a QB I think)

Davis falling to us may only make ME pause....I have not heard one peep out of the Bills concerning this moose of a TE.

Bills can afford to trade down up to 3 or 4 slots and still grab one of the guys I mentioned.

emjoy the draft!

-RichNJoisy

CNJBBB

I think if Leinart if it goes bush, williams, leinart then the jets will jump on d'brick. green bay takes davis, SF takes huff, oak. grabs vince and hawk falls to us. Or so I think.

670728[/snapback]

Green Bay does not need a TE - they have Bubba Franks - a former 1st rounder

everyone and their kid sister has AJ Hawk going to the Packers. The only way I foresee this changing is if either Ferguson or Williams fall to five.

draft SHOULD go:

bush - williams - leinart - ferguson - hawk - davis - young

then Bills select from Bunkley - Ngata - Huff (current "expert" favorite is Bunkley)

I haven't a clue whom will be picked of the three. My gut says Ngata. but that could simply be gas ;)

A trade down is possible but less than a 50% chance IMO

-RnJ

Davis falling to us may only make ME pause....I have not heard one peep out of the Bills concerning this moose of a TE.

CNJBBB

670723[/snapback]

I can't remember where I read it (but one of the articles posted on TBD), but Modrak did comment on Davis last week.

From memory, he basically said that he was a phenom and would be one of the guys that they would take the whole 15 minutes to discuss before deciding on. He changed the topic though and said he didn't expect that to be an issue. Basically, I interpreted that little snippet to mean they love Davis but don't expect him to be there.

Okay, so it looks like at least one of, and probably both of Ngata and Bunkley will be there at 8, and some mock drafts have D'Brick falling into our lap.

When watching the draft on saturday, who do we have to worry about? What other teams do you think might go for him?

670701[/snapback]

OK, this comment is based on only ONE game, and I do not know the full capabilities of the man, but I was at the VATech/UVA game last fall, and Daryl Tapp absolutely and totally schooled Ferguson. ;) I can't recall all the devastation that Tapp wrought, but it was substantial.

I've also read somewhere recently that Ferguson is susceptible to DEs with a quick inside move. (Tapp is a small sized DE with a quick inside move.)

Does any of this mean that Ferguson will be a crappy T in the pros? Of course not. I'm just offering what I saw, on ONE DAY.

FWIW.

I can't remember where I read it (but one of the articles posted on TBD), but Modrak did comment on Davis last week.

From memory, he basically said that he was a phenom and would be one of the guys that they would take the whole 15 minutes to discuss before deciding on. He changed the topic though and said he didn't expect that to be an issue. Basically, I interpreted that little snippet to mean they love Davis but don't expect him to be there.

670781[/snapback]

I have a feeling if he is there Buffalo does not pass up on him, but that is a big if since it looks like SF or Oak is going to grab him. I don't see GB taking him and have not heard anybody say GB is interested in him, but who knows know, maybe Favre will demand him and the team will bend over backwards to please Favre

I have a feeling if he is there Buffalo does not pass up on him, but that is a big if since it looks like SF or Oak is going to grab him. I don't see GB taking him and have not heard anybody say GB is interested in him, but who knows know, maybe Favre will demand him and the team will bend over backwards to please Favre

670794[/snapback]

That could be very true and a new twist to the draft. Now with Favre announcing his return, they may think of getting him the outlet receiver he needs. That could screw up some draft boards.

That could be very true and a new twist to the draft.  Now with Favre announcing his return, they may think of getting him the outlet receiver he needs.  That could screw up some draft boards.

670975[/snapback]

Just what Farve needs...another receiver to make him think he can force the ball downfield regardless... :P

That could be very true and a new twist to the draft.  Now with Favre announcing his return, they may think of getting him the outlet receiver he needs.  That could screw up some draft boards.

670975[/snapback]

I see. they are planning on drafting favre another excuse? It makes sense tho. Its much easier for favre to blame davis for an interception than it is AJ Hawk.

As someone who has followed the Packers, their biggest need is a starting OG and a lesser need is a back up OT. Ferguson fits those in one pick and if available the Packers take Ferguson.

Their second need is at LB. Hawk has been inked in for Green Bay on almost every mock draft because he is the right player at the right place on the draft board for them. New Orleans could sure use him though.

If Ferguson, Williams, Hawk are gone the Packers will trade down with someone wanting a QB.

The Packers are drafting too high for the #1 WR which may go to Eagles at #14.

The Packers won't take Davis. They can use TE depth but not a #1 pick.

I think the 49'ers may consider a DB instead of Davis. Personally Davis has speed but problems catching the ball. The 49'ers have many holes and can go with the BPA approach.

Oakland needs D-linemen most. They would like Hawk. They and the Packers have agreed on what the price of exchanging picks would be. With the draft underway both sides would have to pull the trigger. It is not far enough down for the Packers to take Justice here instead of Hawk at #5.

I'm not sure I really like the first round DT's. Buffalo should consider Justice or trading down.

OK, this comment is based on only ONE game, and I do not know the full capabilities of the man, but I was at the VATech/UVA game last fall, and Daryl Tapp absolutely and totally schooled Ferguson.  :P I can't recall all the devastation that Tapp wrought, but it was substantial.

I've also read somewhere recently that Ferguson is susceptible to DEs with a quick inside move.  (Tapp is a small sized DE with a quick inside move.)

Does any of this mean that Ferguson will be a crappy T in the pros?  Of course not.  I'm just offering what I saw, on ONE DAY.

FWIW.

670790[/snapback]

Thanks for your comments and great observations. I watched that game as well and Tapp did control the matchup. I think it needs to be said that D'brick is much more a potential guy than someone who is perfectly polished and can step in and dominate right away. He'll need three years to reach Pro Bowl level and that's assuming he can carry ten more pounds without losing quickness. I would take him at #8 but this isn't Pace or Boselli we're talking about here.