Gas Taxation - Check Your State

Just For Reference

Let's Hear a Roll Call

How Much Of The Price Of Your Gas Is Federal AND State Taxes ???

The Tax Rate Should Be Posted On The Pumps

I Should Know CA's but It's Late - someone can fill it in before me

http://www.gaspricewatch.com/usgastaxes.asp

Virginia appears cheaper on the serface, however, the added little fees kill you. 17.5 cents per gallon, plus the 18.4 that the federal government collects. Then there is the .6 cents per gallon for "storage" costs. Also, where I live they station charge a 2% transportation tax which right now works out to roughly 6 extra cents per gallon.

I noticed some people are posting %'s and other's are posting firm numbers... I know it varies from state to state... Country to Country... What is the fed? I take a firm number is better... :lol: And doesn't seem to out of sync (actually kinda low) in relation to soaring price of petro...

The 64k question really should be... Are those taxes really going to the place they are earmarked for?

:P:lol:

I noticed some people are posting %'s and other's are posting firm numbers... I know it varies from state to state... Country to Country... What is the fed?  I take a firm number is better... :lol:  And doesn't seem to out of sync (actually kinda low) in relation to soaring price of petro...

The 64k question really should be... Are those taxes really going to the place they are earmarked for?

:P  :lol:

670885[/snapback]

the 80% in France are all national taxes... no local taxes on this thanks God!

current price here is around 1.30 euro per liter... about 1.60 dollars per liter... or 5.15 dollars a gallon if i remember well what a gallon contains...

I noticed some people are posting %'s and other's are posting firm numbers... I know it varies from state to state... Country to Country... What is the fed?  I take a firm number is better... :D  And doesn't seem to out of sync (actually kinda low) in relation to soaring price of petro...

:P  :lol:

670885[/snapback]

Silly Rabbit !

Of course not :lol:

I'll speak for NYS and California - both raid the "highway" fund

Georgia is 7.5 cents plus 4% sales tax. Regular is about $2.92 right now, and assuming that they aren't taxing the taxes already in there, we're paying about 16 to 17 cents in state taxesPlus the 18.4 in federal.

Silly Rabbit !

Of course not  :lol:

I'll speak for NYS and California - both raid the "highway" fund

671012[/snapback]

:D:D:D

Now in some euro countries (namely the UK) isn't the price of insurance included in the cost of fuel? Not sure... :P:lol:

Would be a great idea... Insure only what you actually use and then some (for the time you are parked... :D )

More like 6.50 a gallon. about 3.9 liters /gallon.

From the chart, the gas taxes in CA are about 60 cents/gallon.

671010[/snapback]

hu.... it's even more depressing i thought a gallon was a little more than 3 liters... 6.50... it's surprising there's not yet some kind of a black market going on around here...

Whatever you do, don't run your trucks off dyed diesel. Any construction doggies here probably learned that.

671947[/snapback]

We run off-road fuel here... :P:P

Of course we are the man... B-):huh:

...You know what they say about the cops... They got the best weed... You know what the say about the gov't... They break all their own rules...

Now if we can just get the Iraqis to bury grounding (earth) rods into their electrical systems... :huh::huh: