reason 3,627 why the bills won't leave buffalo

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20...22chargers.html

there is no way that a large southern california city is going to publicly finance a stadium. it would be toxic for elected officials to do so. and in LA, one has to factor in the resistance to any stadium proposal by the NIMBYs who populate all of LA's desirable areas (i.e., there's no way in hell that a stadium is going to built on the west side or in pasadena). in any case, if any team were to leave for LA, a team like the chargers (or the jags or new orleans) is far more likely to move first.

there is no way that a large southern california city is going to publicly finance a stadium. it would be toxic for elected officials to do so. and in LA, one has to factor in the resistance to any stadium proposal by the NIMBYs who populate all of LA's desirable areas (i.e., there's no way in hell that a stadium is going to built on the west side or in pasadena).  in any case, if any team were to leave for LA, a team like the chargers (or the jags or new orleans) is far more likely to move first.

668131[/snapback]

Excellent point dave. It would also make sense for the chargers to move because they'd be moving onyl roughly 2 hours away. Tags and the NFL could spin it as the chargers arent "losing" their team so much as its just moving a bit farther away.

Excellent point dave. It would also make sense for the chargers to move because they'd be moving onyl roughly 2 hours away. Tags and the NFL could spin it as the chargers arent "losing" their team so much as its just moving a bit farther away.

668149[/snapback]

I live 70 miles from downtown San Diego. It takes 3.5 hours to get there. I live 79 miles from downtown LA it takes 3 hours to get there. I live 62 miles from Pasadena it takes 2.5 hours to get there. This is life in southern California.

there is no way that a large southern california city is going to publicly finance a stadium. it would be toxic for elected officials to do so. and in LA, one has to factor in the resistance to any stadium proposal by the NIMBYs who populate all of LA's desirable areas (i.e., there's no way in hell that a stadium is going to built on the west side or in pasadena).  in any case, if any team were to leave for LA, a team like the chargers (or the jags or new orleans) is far more likely to move first.

668131[/snapback]

The Bills won't leave because Ralph is too cheap to move.

The Bills won't leave because Ralpn is making millions.

The Bills won't leave because Ralph is waiting for the team's value to increase.

The Bills won't leave because Ralph doesn't want to pay taxes.

Haven't you been paying any attention??

I live 70 miles from downtown San Diego.  It takes 3.5 hours to get there.  I live 79 miles from downtown LA it takes 3 hours to get there.  I live 62 miles from Pasadena it takes 2.5 hours to get there.  This is life in southern California.

668292[/snapback]

well, i misspoke about time then. what i meant is that the NFL would spin them as going to a nearby city, so that SD wouldnt be "losing" them. Kind of like going from buffalo to syracuse.

well, i misspoke about time then. what i meant is that the NFL would spin them as going to a nearby city, so that SD wouldnt be "losing" them. Kind of like going from buffalo to syracuse.

668299[/snapback]

About the same distance...but that time, it's a killer.

I live 70 miles from downtown San Diego.  It takes 3.5 hours to get there.  I live 79 miles from downtown LA it takes 3 hours to get there.  I live 62 miles from Pasadena it takes 2.5 hours to get there.  This is life in southern California.

668292[/snapback]

That sucks. I live 180 miles from Manhattan & it takes me a little less than 3 hours to get there... sounds like you guys could use a good transit system.

That sucks. I live 180 miles from Manhattan & it takes me a little less than 3 hours to get there... sounds like you guys could use a good transit system.

668310[/snapback]

Every couple of years this comes up in a referendum(a substitute for state legislature) to fund a transit system(including bus service). It is always voted down.

Every couple of years this comes up in a referendum(a substitute for state legislature) to fund a transit system(including bus service).  It is always voted down.

668313[/snapback]

You would know, as I do, living in LA or so cal, that you can get anywhere in less than half the normal time on Sunday mornings. :)

You would know, as I do, living in LA or so cal, that you can get anywhere in less than half the normal time on Sunday mornings.  :)

668322[/snapback]

Oh yeah! Sunday mornings ... a round of golf ...and I don't have to pack my lunch to eat it during the trip.

You would know, as I do, living in LA or so cal, that you can get anywhere in less than half the normal time on Sunday mornings.  :)

668322[/snapback]

i lived in LA for 8 years, and invariably, when i asked someone how long it took to get someplace, the response was always "20 minutes." truthfully, traffic in NYC (where i live now) is 100 times worse than it is in LA - the roads are far worse and 30% (at least) of the people on the road at any given time literally don't know to drive. since one takes public transportation all the time, though, you don't notice it too much. driving from brooklyn to buffalo at the beginning of a holiday weekend is a horrible experience, however.