Ever wonder why

Very few do that. What makes you think it's chronic?

I do it on certain occasions - as a sign of sincerity in an apology to a poster who I have wronged, or as an emphasis in response to a particular poster who expressed a remarkable, noble, thought.

664876[/snapback]

I don't think it's chronic. I was just bored and wondering why some people do it, that's all. Now I understand. ;)

Thankyou for your time people of TSW,

Mile High <_<

Edit:

Hey,

Meazza, Cablelady, Simon and Stojan you didn't sign your names.. What gives?

Thanks again,

Mile High

When I PM... I sign off (makes it more personal)... I try hard to break from it when I post (being a public forum)...

Just protocol I guess.

Especially when using the marine band VHF radio some really stick to this tight protocol... Especially the military types like the USCG and others... I try not to use my official call letters or just use the numbers and station name... But, sometimes it helps to keep things standardized... Then there is the yahooy that will actually call out the phonetic words... "Whiskey Tango Charlie types" out there... You think they were fighting a war... :lol::D<_<

But my guess is they are just do to keeping a standard protocol of some sort... Some people really need that... ;):lol:

think it's necessary to sign their name after every post.  Anyone else ever wonder this?  We know who you are if you post, so why do some people find that they have to sign thier screen name if it's already apparent in the top left corner?  Can someone explain?

664817[/snapback]

I used to do it because I'm used to doing it in email messages. I've grown lazy, though =)