UB Bulls football season tix start at $50

Yeah they suck now...but I think they will improve under coach Turner Gill. Did you see the schedule they are playing this year? Auburn, BC, Temple, West Virginia! Grant it those are all road games, but eventially they will play at UB.

I guess my point is if you have a few extra bucks, why not grab some UB season tickets now?

1) They're cheap: $90, $70, $50 for 5 home games.

2) If the Bills leave, it will be the only football in town

3) If they get better, people will be jealous of your good seats.

If UB is smart, they see the opportunity if the Bills leave. If they can ever develop a competative program, I could see 73,000 at RWS for a UB/Sturacuse game. Who knows...maybe they could join the Big East eventually.

PTR

Yeah they suck now...but I think they will improve under coach Turner Gill.  Did you see the schedule they are playing this year?  Auburn, BC, Temple, West Virginia!  Grant it those are all road games, but eventially they will play at UB.

I guess my point is if you have a few extra bucks, why not grab some UB season tickets now? 

1) They're cheap: $90, $70, $50 for 5 home games.

2) If the Bills leave, it will be the only football in town

If UB is smart, they see the opportunity if the Bills leave.  If they can ever develop a competative program, I could see 73,000 at RWS for a UB/Sturacuse game.  Who knows...maybe they could join the Big East eventually.

PTR

664035[/snapback]

Please quit talking about the Bills leaving Buffalo I cant stand even thinking the possibility

664035[/snapback]

I've been a UB season ticket holder since their second year in division one. My seats are on the 50 yard line. That's the same thing I thought when I first bought them and I'm still waiting. :)

If you like football their games are a good time, as long as you're not too worried about UB winning. It kind of funny watching them find a way to lose each week. Plus, as you mentioned, the tickets are cheap.

However, I'm looking forward to having season tickets for the Bulls and the Bills for many years to come.

I've been a UB season ticket holder since their second year in division one. My seats are on the 50 yard line. That's the same thing I thought when I first bought them and I'm still waiting.  :)

If you like football their games are a good time, as long as you're not too worried about UB winning. It kind of funny watching them find a way to lose each week. Plus, as you mentioned, the tickets are cheap.

However, I'm looking forward to having season tickets for the Bulls and the Bills for many years to come.

664052[/snapback]

I'm thinking of buying a pair of seats, even though I live about 500 miles away, and would probably only make it to 2 games this year. (I'll give the rest to family.) You have to be intrigued with the hiring of Turner Gill. You can see what he's building up to. Most of his recruits are on the O and D line (including Jim Kelly's massive nephew!)

If they win 3 games this year, that will a major achievement. I hold out no hope for wins against any of the major schools. Just not getting blown out will be victory enough. But 2-3 years from now, I can see them be a winning program. Especially if UB can finally offer a gut major, the lack of which is the #1 thing that hurts their recruiting. The school is just too tough for most jocks.

PTR

I like Turner Gill. I think he'll do well.

I guess he was one of the top recruiters in the nation when he was at Nebraska. He's seems to be more of a traditional coach. Kind of tough on the players. UB has had player coaches in the past. The team makes a lot of mental errors, so I think Gill's style will fix some of those problems.

If he could just get the team to around .500 and maybe get a player or two drafted in the NFL, UB could be really competitive in recruiting. Buffalo is the biggest market in the MAC. UB is a good school. Weather isn't even that big of a factor, all the schools are in the North. I think a lot of potentially good players are choosing other MAC schools over UB simply because of the losing.

Omar Jacobs (QB from Bowling Green) said he almost came to UB. He's probably going to get drafted, maybe on the first day. A star player like that would do wonders for the program.

I had season tickets a couple of yrs ago when Syracuse came to town......if the schedule includes a game like that, I'm willing to fork over the money for seasons to get a chance to see a major Div I school beat up the my almater  :w00t:

664158[/snapback]

Me too. I had a nice 50 yd line season ticket for that season. I basically bought it for the Syracuse game and gave away the tix for the other games (since i live out of town). If I'm in town during a home game weekend I'll definitley go. I agree that the Bulls will get better under Gill. No reason why Buffalo should not be a more attractive destination than places like Bowling Green or Toledo?!?!? UB just needs to continue to upgrade the amenities surrounding football and build an indoor practice facility. Hopefully they use the money from the BC, Auburn and Wisconsin cash cow games. By the way, the West Virginia game was replaced by Auburn. No WVU on the schedule.

I've been a UB season ticket holder since their second year in division one. My seats are on the 50 yard line. That's the same thing I thought when I first bought them and I'm still waiting.  :w00t:

664052[/snapback]

How are the concession prices?

LewPort hit the nail on the head.  Even taking a step back, if UB continues dropping BE teams from its schedule, it will be very unlikely to see additional games scheduled.  In any event, UB will never be asked to join a major conference.

664327[/snapback]

It's only the first time they did that (I believe.) Besides, Auburn was going to pay something like $600K and WVU was offering $200K. I'm sure WVU would have done the same thing.

I can understand UB not being very attractive to a major conference right now, but why do you say they will never be invited?

PTR

It's only the first time they did that (I believe.) Besides, Auburn was going to pay something like $600K and WVU was offering $200K.  I'm sure WVU would have done the same thing.

I can understand UB not being very attractive to a major conference right now, but why do you say they will never be invited?

PTR

664797[/snapback]

Probably because they are VERY far off from being competitive in the MAC, let alone a major conference. I've seen pretty much every Miami football game since I came to school here 4 years ago. The dropoff in talent level between the perennially good to mediocre MAC schools and UB is dramatic. I've seen us play UB here at home 2 times in the last 3 years and honestly it was like men against boys. It looked like a college team against a mediocre to bad high school team.

I'm not trying to rip on UB at all, and I give the kids who play on the team all the credit in the world for sticking it out and playing football simply because they love it. When you see all the other competition in the MAC week in and week out though, it's obvious that UB isn't in the same class. The fact that there are 5 or 6 MAC schools that are usually pretty good and get some national tv exposure (and maybe even a couple with a top 25 ranking) must really hurt UB's recruiting. Plus, I don't know what UB's facilities are like, but here at Miami they are wonderful. In the last 2 or 3 years we have gotten permanent lights for night games, field turf, a huge jumbotron, and the 3/4 of the stadium was completely rebuilt. We have a state of the art training facility that is only open to athletes. I think some other MAC schools have recently done major upgrades to their sports facilities as well. If you're a recruit that has a choice between that and UB, what's your decision?

I'm sure Turner Gill will bring some improvement to the program, but to think that UB has a chance of even being a MAC contender anytime soon may be a bit of a pipe dream. There are just too many other MAC programs that are better choices from a recruit's perspective. Obviously anything is possible, but I just feel like the cards are stacked heavily against UB being a competitive D1 program anytime in the forseeable future.

Probably because they are VERY far off from being competitive in the MAC, let alone a major conference. I've seen pretty much every Miami football game since I came to school here 4 years ago. The dropoff in talent level between the perennially good to mediocre MAC schools and UB is dramatic. I've seen us play UB here at home 2 times in the last 3 years and honestly it was like men against boys. It looked like a college team against a mediocre to bad high school team.

I'm not trying to rip on UB at all, and I give the kids who play on the team all the credit in the world for sticking it out and playing football simply because they love it. When you see all the other competition in the MAC week in and week out though, it's obvious that UB isn't in the same class. The fact that there are 5 or 6 MAC schools that are usually pretty good and get some national tv exposure (and maybe even a couple with a top 25 ranking) must really hurt UB's recruiting. Plus, I don't know what UB's facilities are like, but here at Miami they are wonderful. In the last 2 or 3 years we have gotten permanent lights for night games, field turf, a huge jumbotron, and the 3/4 of the stadium was completely rebuilt. We have a state of the art training facility that is only open to athletes. I think some other MAC schools have recently done major upgrades to their sports facilities as well. If you're a recruit that has a choice between that and UB, what's your decision?

I'm sure Turner Gill will bring some improvement to the program, but to think that UB has a chance of even being a MAC contender anytime soon may be a bit of a pipe dream. There are just too many other MAC programs that are better choices from a recruit's perspective. Obviously anything is possible, but I just feel like the cards are stacked heavily against UB being a competitive D1 program anytime in the forseeable future.

664832[/snapback]

UB's facilities are not bad. They have a 30,000 seat stadium that is pretty nice. I don't know about training facilities, etc. I heard they lack some things. But that is exactly why Gill is scheduling these big payday games. UB will clear over $1.2mil this season alone. Expect most of that to go to the football program.

Actually UB's biggest problem in recruiting is that they don't have a gut major for dumb jocks to take. Academically UB is a tough school. Finding athletes who can play AND keep their grades up is damn near impossible. Expect that to change under Gill and AD Ward Manuel.

If UB can't compete against Miami OH, then what are they going to do against Auburn??? Maybe Gill figures after Auburn, Wisconsin, and BC, the MAC will look easy. Either way, I'm looking forwad to seeing the Bulls under Turner Gill.

PTR

664832[/snapback]

Look, I agree that Miami is a much better program than UB but calling UB a bad high school team is a little much. UB was ahead of Miami in the fourth quarter two years ago in Buffalo.

Plus teams can turn it around quickly in the MAC. Northern Illinios used to be the league's doormat. They turned it around and were in the top 25 for a few weeks 2 or 3 years ago.

I don't think they are going to a bowl game anytime soon but I think they can be competitve in the MAC. If Gill is a good coach/recruiter then it might be in the next couple of years.

Look, I agree that Miami is a much better program than UB but calling UB a bad high school team is a little much. UB was ahead of Miami in the fourth quarter two years ago in Buffalo.

665010[/snapback]

It is true Buffalo was up on Miami a couple years back when we played in Buffalo. However, Buffalo was only up by 1 at half on a missed Miami extra point. We took the lead in the 3rd quarter, never gave it up, and ended up winning by 25-7. Miami still dominated every statistical category in conditions that surely leveled the playing field a bit (we were a spread, passing offense and I think it was very cold, rainy, and windy that day).

When Miami played Buffalo 2 years ago here in Oxford, the final was 59-3 I believe. UB actually kicked a FG with a couple minutes left in the game on 4th down to avoid the shut out. This year Miami won 54-13 with UB scoring twice in the 4th quarter after Miami had taken a 54-0 lead, forcing 8 turnovers in the process. We weren't even that great this year! Maybe it wasn't like college team vs. a bad high school team, but from what I saw it was still like a college team playing high schoolers.

Once again my point isn't just to rag on UB or fellatiate Miami (ok maybe a little <_< ), but I don't buy it that they can become competitive in the near future. From what I've seen, the quality of high school football is quite a bit better in Ohio and the Midwest in general than in New York. This is where most MAC schools get their players from. What at UB would attract any of the "better" recruits from outside of WNY to come to UB over the 5 or 6 other MAC schools that offer better football programs and are probably much closer to home? Gill may be a great coach and recruiter (as in recognizing talent, etc), but I don't see how he is going to sell UB to prospective football recruits.