FWI... Per NFL Network...Texans to take...

KOKBILLS

Watching NFL Network now and Adam Schefter is Reporting the Texans are leaning towards DE Mario Williams not Reggie Bush...Schefter says the word is coming from all over the NFL including Bush's people, so it seems to be more than just a smoke screen...

Interesting... :)

Can't say that I would poo-poo that move. The Texans do have Dom Davis, so Reggie Bush could be considered somewhat of a luxury pick.

However, since the Saints have expressed interest in Mario Williams, this could be just a smoke screen to try and somehow work a 1-2 swap with New Orleans and pick up an extra draft pick.

This time of year is all about who can play poker the best!

664008[/snapback]

Yeah, but the best poker player in the game is sitting on the sidelines :)

Guys...this is Adam Schefter we are talking about. The same guy who "scooped" the Bills being forced to release Eric Moulds and keeping Tom Donahoe for the 2006 season as their GM.

He also "guaranteed" that Drew Brees would be the QB for Miami and Ahman Green would be playing football in a Ravens uniform this season.

Next to Clayton, he has the least amount of credibility out of ALL the NFL "reporters" in my opinion.

True...but what if this actually happenens?

1. HOU - Mario

2. NO - Brick?

3. TEN - Bush

4. NYJ - Leinert

5. GB - Hawk

I think there would have to be a trade somewhere.  This just doesnt make sense.

664013[/snapback]

1. Houston- Mario Williams

2. NYJ(FRom NO Trade #4 and #29 for #2. Not sure of the point system)- Reggie Bush

3. Ten- Matt Leinart

4. NO- D'Brick

5. GB- AJ Hawk

6. Niners- ?

7. Raiders-?

8. Bills- ?

Guys...this is Adam Schefter we are talking about.  The same guy who "scooped" the Bills being forced to release Eric Moulds and keeping Tom Donahoe for the 2006 season as their GM.

He also "guaranteed" that Drew Brees would be the QB for Miami and Ahman Green would be playing football in a Ravens uniform this season.

Next to Clayton, he has the least amount of credibility out of ALL the NFL "reporters" in my opinion.

664019[/snapback]

Bingo!

1. Houston- Mario Williams

2. NYJ(FRom NO Trade #4 and #29 for #2. Not sure of the point system)- Reggie Bush

3. Ten- Matt Leinart

4. NO- D'Brick

5. GB- AJ Hawk

6. Niners- ?

7. Raiders-?

8. Bills- ?

664020[/snapback]

Exactly...IF (and it's a big if) Texas does pass on Bush, then the Jets will do everything they can to make a move for Reggie. They need a RB even more so than they need a QB -- if you can believe that one.

Guys...this is Adam Schefter we are talking about.  The same guy who "scooped" the Bills being forced to release Eric Moulds and keeping Tom Donahoe for the 2006 season as their GM.

664019[/snapback]

i have to agree with you there. AS is all about yesterday's news. He doesn't strike me as an insider at all. he annoys me too.

Watching NFL Network now and Adam Schefter is Reporting the Texans are leaning towards DE Mario Williams not Reggie Bush...Schefter says the word is coming from all over the NFL including Bush's people, so it seems to be more than just a smoke screen...

Interesting... :w00t:

663998[/snapback]

I'm not surprised by this. I saw several great games by Reggie Bush for USC and was impressed by his blazing speed plus ability to shake tacklers but there has always been some uncertainty in my mind as whether he should be the 1st pick of the draft, especially by Houston.

There have been many comments by members of the media and football people about the fact that Bush is not a 20+ carries-a-game guy. Also, put him on a team with a poor offensive line and will he be that effective? He appears to have more strength than people give him credit for but the average defensive player in the NFL is a lot bigger than what he's faced in college.

Houston also doesn't seem to be the best place for Bush so maybe another team will trade up. Thinking about the best NFL teams for him to play for, picture him playing for Indy taking short passes from Manning and turning them into long runs. With Rhodes still there as a short-yardage goal-line guy, it could really work there.

Picture Bush also playing for the Rams. They have the big back in Steven Jackson but Bush could assume the Marshall Faulk role.

We don't know if these two teams or any other teams are thinking this way but it just seems, as others have mentioned, to be too much of a luxury pick for the Texans to take Bush with the 1st pick when they're coming off a 2-14 season with so many holes to fill. Sure Bush could be the next Barry Sanders of the NFL but how much did Detroit win with Sanders??

I'm not surprised by this.  I saw several great games by Reggie Bush for USC and was impressed by his blazing speed plus ability to shake tacklers but there has always been some uncertainty in my mind as whether he should be the 1st pick of the draft, especially by Houston.

There have been many comments by members of the media and football people about the fact that Bush is not a 20+ carries-a-game guy.  Also, put him on a team with a poor offensive line and will he be that effective?  He appears to have more strength than people give him credit for but the average defensive player in the NFL is a lot bigger than what he's faced in college.

Houston also doesn't seem to be the best place for Bush so maybe another team will trade up.  Thinking about the best NFL teams for him to play for, picture him playing for Indy taking short passes from Manning and turning them into long runs.  With Rhodes still there as a short-yardage goal-line guy, it could really work there.

Picture Bush also playing for the Rams.  They have the big back in Steven Jackson but Bush could assume the Marshall Faulk role.

We don't know if these two teams or any other teams are thinking this way but it just seems, as others have mentioned, to be too much of a luxury pick for the Texans to take Bush with the 1st pick when they're coming off a 2-14 season with so many holes to fill.    Sure Bush could be the next Barry Sanders of the NFL but how much did Detroit win with Sanders??

664636[/snapback]

Yeah that's the way to be a good GM, bring in the #1 pick in the draft to be your change of pace back. 6M/yr for someone who you don't even start more than half the downs. Wait.... are you Tom Donahoe?

Can't say that I would poo-poo that move.  The Texans do have Dom Davis, so Reggie Bush could be considered somewhat of a luxury pick.

However, since the Saints have expressed interest in Mario Williams, this could be just a smoke screen to try and somehow work a 1-2 swap with New Orleans and pick up an extra draft pick.

664008[/snapback]

except that NO is doing the same thing and trying to move down.

If Houston wants to trade the pick, they better do it before draft. If they haven't traded the pick or signed their choice, they will get zero production from the pick since his agent will hold him out far into camp to set the new standards under the new CBA.

they are increasing the trade value of their draft pick.

but that doesnt mean they will trade the pick.

it gives them more options.

they may not be looking to trade, but that doesnt mean they wont listen to the trade offers. if a team offers them enough, they may trade down.