Most of the nation say we should take a Vernon

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you serious.  We need DT!

662381[/snapback]

We do need DT but IMO neither is worth picking at the #8 spot.

Since there is no trade down option I vote VD (I'd even prefer Huff over Lazy/potential & Surprise/I'm good--at #8).

There are other qualitiy DTs in this draft & I really don't want us to waste this pick.

Linky straight there: http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/story?id=2406023

Guest dog14787
http://espn.go.com

(on the voting list)

Are you serious.  We need DT!

662381[/snapback]

VERNON DAVIS VERNON DAVIS VERNON DAVIS VERNON DAVIS VERNON DAVIS VERNON DAVIS VERNON DAVIS VERNON DAVISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes: Just ask Vick who he would pick!!!!!!!!!

Get a good TE said the mother hen!!!!!!!!

So he can get real loose, like a long legged Goose!!!!!!!!!!

Aw baby thats what I like!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Gosh, everybody just needs to relax...We'll have great value at #8 - no matter whom we pick or if we decide to trade down. I have more trust in our present regime to get evaluate and get what we need than the previous "brain trust."

I don't think there's a position we couldn't get better at,so unless we end up drafting a 7th round projection...I think I'll live...

We need DT....along with QB, WR, OL, DE, LB, CB, S, and did I mention TE help is needed too?

IMO, no one has any right to complain no matter who we pick at #8 because we need value at every position. Why do some people think that we won't address the lines if we draft the best player available in round 1.

Yep, there are some very good one-gap DT prospects that will be available in rounds 2 and 3. I like Claude Wroten over both Ngata and Bunkley, for example. And you would think that if a Bills fan were going to clamor for a pick on the lines with our first rounder, it would be on the OFFENSIVE line. Us fans have suffered crap line after crap line for over a decade now. We DESERVE to see a good OL for once. We've had a good DL as recently as a couple years go. We haven't seen a good OL in over a decade. Hmmm... now let's go use our first rounder on a DT that will be part of a rotation and has torn up his knee in the past (true for either Ngata or Bunkley).

Yep, there are some very good one-gap DT prospects that will be available in rounds 2 and 3.  I like Claude Wroten over both Ngata and Bunkley, for example.  And you would think that if a Bills fan were going to clamor for a pick on the lines with our first rounder, it would be on the OFFENSIVE line.  Us fans have suffered crap line after crap line for over a decade now.  We DESERVE to see a good OL for once.  We've had a good DL as recently as a couple years go.  We haven't seen a good OL in over a decade.  Hmmm... now let's go use our first rounder on a DT that will be part of a rotation and has torn up his knee in the past (true for either Ngata or Bunkley).

662640[/snapback]

Yup...I agree, there really is no reason to go after a DT with our #8 overall, simply because the talent drop-off doesnt seem that substantial to me. Plenty of good options will be open to us in the early 2nd and would be better values at that point.

I'm still on the Winston Justice train, the more I hear about him the more I like...and heck, if we draft him with our 1st and Joseph with our 2nd...instant upgrades along the O-Line right there.

That being said, I wont be complaining too much if we land Vernon Davis...the kid is a freak and would help fill the void that Emo left in terms of our receiving game. The Bills are thankfully in a position where it will be VERY difficult, even for them, to screw this pick up.

The Bills are thankfully in a position where it will be VERY difficult, even for them, to screw this pick up.

662744[/snapback]

Exactly... that's why I'm not too worried about what they do at #8, I know I'll pretty much be happy with whoever they take (unless they do something stupid & trade down for Eric Winston :huh: ). I'm more concerned with that 2nd round pick... I want an immediate upgrade at LG, and Aaron Gibson's fat out-of-the-league ass isn't the answer. Joseph or Deuce will make me very happy there (especially DJ).

Please don't say stuff like this!  We'll end up with a running back or a 5'7" slot receiver or a bust!

662748[/snapback]

I'm getting a little tired of the Roscoe bashing. This was not TD's worst move. Tell me someone from picks 56-85 who is clearly a better player or who would have had a much bigger impact on the 2006 season? And Roscoe would have had a bigger impact if not for his injury and still has a lot of upside.

We need to improve our lines overall and neglecting them was a mistake in past drafts. But not with any one pick in particular, and not because of Roscoe's height.

I'm getting a little tired of the Roscoe bashing.  This was not TD's worst move.  Tell me someone from picks 56-85 who is clearly a better player or who would have had a much bigger impact on the 2006 season?  And Roscoe would have had a bigger impact if not for his injury and still has a lot of upside.

We need to improve our lines overall and neglecting them was a mistake in past drafts.  But not with any one pick in particular, and not because of Roscoe's height.

662789[/snapback]

They DID address the O-line in drafting when they selected Mike Williams. And those that now 2nd guess that move are being short-sighted. Williams was high on everyone's board. Nobody could predict he'd be a bust so far. A change of scenery now may see him perform up to expectations. Who knows??

I'm getting a little tired of the Roscoe bashing.  This was not TD's worst move.  Tell me someone from picks 56-85 who is clearly a better player or who would have had a much bigger impact on the 2006 season?  And Roscoe would have had a bigger impact if not for his injury and still has a lot of upside.

We need to improve our lines overall and neglecting them was a mistake in past drafts.  But not with any one pick in particular, and not because of Roscoe's height.

662789[/snapback]

What annoys me about Roscoe Parrish is that it was the second time in four years TD used a 2nd round pick to address the slot receiver position. Nothing against Roscoe personally--maybe he really will be a good slot receiver.

They DID address the O-line in drafting when they selected Mike Williams.  And those that now 2nd guess that move are being short-sighted.  Williams was high on everyone's board.  Nobody could predict he'd be a bust so far.  A change of scenery now may see him perform up to expectations. Who knows??

662793[/snapback]

Even if Williams had turned into a perrenial Pro Bowler, I still would feel TD neglected the offensive line. In his years in Buffalo, he did the following:

- Used three first day picks on WRs.

- Used two first day picks on RBs.

- Used three first day picks on QBs.

- Used just two first day picks on OL. Of those two, one was a bust, and the other was allowed to leave via free agency after just four years.

Count the starters on the field: two WRs, one RB, one QB, and five OL. Add to that the fact one of the WR spots was locked up with Eric Moulds, and there really isn't an excuse for TD's overall drafting patterns.

662789[/snapback]

Darrent Williams had 8 passes defensed last year as a rookie backup. He was the very next pick and I'd take him over Roscoe "Mighty Mouse" in a heartbeat. Jonathan Babineaux looks pretty good now too, since we have next to nothing at DT. Bryant McFadden. Adam Terry. Any of these guys would be in a position to start or at least pay immediate dividends for the Bills this year. (Yes, we need offensive lineman, defensive lineman, and a 3rd CB.) Roscoe is buried on the depth chart someplace as Marv brings in swarms of tiny fast WRs, cheaper by the dozen apparently.

Vernon Davis, tight end out of Maryland. Two weeks before the NFL draft, that's who SportsNation believes the Bills should take with their 8th pick. See how the people's mock draft is shaking out.