Get Drunk for Jesus

Chilly

I've decided today that I'm starting a get drunk for Jesus campaign.

Who will join me in getting wasted on Sunday for the holy God's son?

Our Slogan: "If he's going to turn water into wine, we might as well drink it".

I've decided today that I'm starting a get drunk for Jesus campaign.

Who will join me in getting wasted on Sunday for the holy God's son?

Our Slogan:  "If he's going to turn water into wine, we might as well drink it".

662202[/snapback]

I don't know if anybody here is familiar with B.Kliban, but he was a crude cartoonist doing weird stuff long before Gary Larson. He made money doing his cat calender artwork, but his real genius was compiled in bizarre collections.

Anyway, he had this one crude cartoon of a guy in a robe with his back turned to the viewer, taking a leak off the side of a cliff. He titled it "Jesus turning water into urine." Kind of fits into the whole "sacriledge" thing you're driving at.

The genius that puts together the Coldbacon site has put up a page of Kliban stuff here. This guy has some links to his cartoons, too.

B.Kliban is not for everyone. Many of his cartoons won't make sense at first, but will hit you over the head many years later. They may appear idiotic, but once they settle in, the genius that is Kliban will be hard to shake free of. I envy anyone experiencing these for the first time.

I don't know if anybody here is familiar with B.Kliban, but he was a crude cartoonist doing weird stuff long before Gary Larson.  He made money doing his cat calender artwork, but his real genius was compiled in bizarre collections. 

Anyway, he had this one crude cartoon of a guy in a robe with his back turned to the viewer, taking a leak off the side of a cliff.  He titled it "Jesus turning water into urine."  Kind of fits into the whole "sacriledge" thing you're driving at.

The genius that puts together the Coldbacon site has put up a page of Kliban stuff hereThis guy has some links to his cartoons, too.

B.Kliban is not for everyone.  Many of his cartoons won't make sense at first, but will hit you over the head many years later.  They may appear idiotic, but once they settle in, the genius that is Kliban will be hard to shake free of.  I envy anyone experiencing these for the first time.

662218[/snapback]

Sweet I'll check it out. Thanks. :rolleyes:

I don't know if anybody here is familiar with B.Kliban, but he was a crude cartoonist doing weird stuff long before Gary Larson.  He made money doing his cat calender artwork, but his real genius was compiled in bizarre collections. 

Anyway, he had this one crude cartoon of a guy in a robe with his back turned to the viewer, taking a leak off the side of a cliff.  He titled it "Jesus turning water into urine."  Kind of fits into the whole "sacriledge" thing you're driving at.

The genius that puts together the Coldbacon site has put up a page of Kliban stuff hereThis guy has some links to his cartoons, too.

B.Kliban is not for everyone.  Many of his cartoons won't make sense at first, but will hit you over the head many years later.  They may appear idiotic, but once they settle in, the genius that is Kliban will be hard to shake free of.  I envy anyone experiencing these for the first time.

662218[/snapback]

I remember seeing his cartoons in the National Lampoon back in the late 70s-early 80s. I still don't get most of them! :rolleyes:

I was sort of thinking "Get a grip, people".

I've been a Catholic for almost 50 years. And, I've read and discussed enough to think that among other things, Jesus had a very good sense of humor, not to mention good comic timing, and likely drank his share of wine.

I've been a Catholic for almost 50 years. And, I've read and discussed enough to think that among other things, Jesus had a very good sense of humor, not to mention good comic timing, and likely drank his share of wine.

663066[/snapback]

God has to have a sense of humor.

He created us.

:huh:

I have to think he's had a few thoughts about free will and opposable thumbs.

663077[/snapback]

He should've seriously stuck with dinosaurs. Less stupid crap and more dinosaur fights.

I don't see how anything we can do is as cool as a T-Rex fighting a Triceratops.

He should've seriously stuck with dinosaurs.  Less stupid crap and more dinosaur fights.

I don't see how anything we can do is as cool as a T-Rex fighting a Triceratops.

663081[/snapback]

FWIW, I have a lot more faith in a higher power than I do in a National Geographic special. No matter how much a want to be college graduate internet poster that took 3 science courses dictates as truth, there is still a mystery.

Science used to look at mystery for inspiration. Now, science bands together to eliminate it.

If nothing else, maybe there is just some stuff science hasn't figured out yet.

Science used to look at mystery for inspiration. Now, science bands together to eliminate it.

663094[/snapback]

Terrific quote.

IMO science and religion both purport to search for truth, but in reality they (often) both seek to define it. It's sad really.

I just had the mormons stop by to inform me(nice timing on easter sunday and all), told them i was right in the middle of watching last weeks episode of "Big Love". Not really, but had I thought of it 1/2 hour ago instead of this second, I might have. Hey the jerk store called........

Terrific quote. 

IMO science and religion both purport to search for truth, but in reality they (often) both seek to define it.  It's sad really.

663123[/snapback]

663066[/snapback]

Someone who gets it. :angry:

I am in! Been a party weekend- been drinking since Thursday. Last night went to a Brazilian steak house, lots of Caprihanas and Mojitos, that after drinking much Sassiscaia. Just had a few Perfect Margaritas and off to my buddy for cards, 150 year old Grand Marnier and some Patron Silver. I am gonna have an Anchor Steam then head over, cheers all!