Bills Roster News

Bills | K. Thomas released

Thu, 13 Apr 2006 21:08:49 -0700

The Buffalo Bills have released CB Kevin Thomas (knee). He has been trying to fight his way back from a knee injury.

Bills | J. Smith re-signed

Thu, 13 Apr 2006 21:06:56 -0700

The Buffalo Bills have re-signed exclusive-rights free agent WR Jonathon Smith to his one-year, $425,000 tender offer.

I dont get re-signing fast freddy but whatever.

661750[/snapback]

He's our second best blocking WR, can't have enough of them guys.

Seriously, he's insurance/depth at WR and KO/punt returns. If Clements stays I hope to God he isn't returning punts, and that leaves the fleet footed Roscoe Parish (wonder how Cosell would have referred to Roscoe?). Anyone think he'll be active for all 16 games?

He's our second best blocking WR, can't have enough of them guys.

Seriously, he's insurance/depth at WR and KO/punt returns.  If Clements stays I hope to God he isn't returning punts, and that leaves the fleet footed Roscoe Parish (wonder how Cosell would have referred to Roscoe?).  Anyone think he'll be active for all 16 games?

661789[/snapback]

I hope Parrish will play everygame. I like his style

We need more WR's. I hope we draft at least 3.  :wub:

If TD was still here, he'd probably agree.  :blink:

661748[/snapback]

With three QBs getting equal reps in training camp, we'll need a lot of bodies to throw to so they don't get worn out. :wub:

I dont get re-signing fast freddy but whatever.

661750[/snapback]

Clumpy can provide info on what the real rules are, but my belief is that the tender is merely a base salary offer and if he is beaten out in pre-season he gets cut and their is no cost to the Bills.

The team does not even tender and offer to a player that they judge to have no chance to make the team and thus they do not waste their time or his. The Bills WR situation after Evans is wide open as to who gets PT.

The Bills may well keep 6 WRs and between Evans, Parrish, Reed, Aiken, Price, Davis and Smith there are 7 candidates for these 6 jobs and Fast Freddy is simply on the bubble to compete. The longer term contracts and the bonuses received by the other seven make it unlikely he will get a job, but he is merely an injury away from being on this roster.

Too bad about kevin thomas  I thought he was pretty decent at least as a nickel back. 

661750[/snapback]

Agreed. Not a huge surprise though. As soon as I heard he had that microfracture surgery last year as more details of his injury came out, I figured his career was in serious jeopardy. It's too bad - he seemed to have a knack as a playmaker.

Agreed.  Not a huge surprise though.  As soon as I heard he had that microfracture surgery last year as more details of his injury came out, I figured his career was in serious jeopardy.  It's too bad - he seemed to have a knack as a playmaker.

662013[/snapback]

Meh... Thomas stood out because he was one of the few Bills to make any kind of play in the 2nd half of the 2002 season (after Bledsoe's meltdown). One pick against the Packers didn't impress me for too long.

Meh... Thomas stood out because he was one of the few Bills to make any kind of play in the 2nd half of the 2002 season (after Bledsoe's meltdown). One pick against the Packers didn't impress me for too long.

662024[/snapback]

The little he did play, I thought he looked pretty good...he looked to me, like he might have developed into a real "cover corner"....good technique!