Ngata doubt

All these posts calling of Marv to take Huff or Davis are driving me nuts. The only player that makes sense for us at #8 (if he's still there) is Ngata. You just don't pass on a chance to get a talented monster like this.

I guess some people have forgotten what happened to the defense when Donahoe let Fat Pat walk. Well I'll remind you. Our D fell from 2nd to one of the worst in the league. I'm not blaming it all on the loss of Williams but you know darn well that had a lot to do with it.

A big, nasty DT will make our entire defense better. Every other position on D benefits when that big ol DT blows up the middle. We saw it with Fat Pat and all the NFL talking heads on Sirius are saying that Haloti is one of those rare athletic big man that doesn't come around that often. As to the argument that he won't fit the cover 2 scheme I don't buy it. Adjust the scheme if you have to (good teams teams do this all the time to get their best players on the field). Don't know why Ourlads hates the guy but they seem to be alone in their assessment. I don't know much about Ourlads but maybe someone who does can opine on their accuracy evaluating talent.

If Marv takes another 1st round 'glitz' offensive player like Davis then I'll have to wonder why Mr. Wilson even bothered to fire Ol Whitey.

OK, slam away.

All these posts calling of Marv to take Huff or Davis are driving me nuts.  The only player that makes sense for us at #8 (if he's still there) is Ngata.  You just don't pass on a chance to get a talented monster like this.

I guess some people have forgotten what happened to the defense when Donahoe let Fat Pat walk.  Well I'll remind you.  Our D fell from 2nd to one of the worst in the league.  I'm not blaming it all on the loss of Williams but you know darn well that had a lot to do with it.

A big, nasty DT will make our entire defense better.  Every other position on D benefits when that big ol DT blows up the middle.  We saw it with Fat Pat and all the NFL talking heads on Sirius are saying that Haloti is one of those rare athletic big man that doesn't come around that often.  As to the argument that he won't fit the cover 2 scheme I don't buy it.  Adjust the scheme if you have to (good teams teams do this all the time to get their best players on the field).  Don't know why Ourlads hates the guy but they seem to be alone in their assessment.  I don't  know much about Ourlads but maybe someone who does can opine on their accuracy evaluating talent.

If Marv takes another 1st round 'glitz' offensive player like Davis then I'll have to wonder why Mr. Wilson even bothered to fire Ol Whitey.

OK, slam away.

661216[/snapback]

I'm with you on this. I think Ngata will be there when we pick it's just a matter of whether or not we want him. Hopefully it comes down to Ngata and Justice (I don't think the others D'Brick, AJ, or Mario will be there when we pick) and we take either one of them, preferably Ngata.

I personally do not think Ngata is a better choice than Bunkley. It goes back to the whole system thing, I do believe Ngata would be better in the 3-4 than the based cover 2. But again this is my opinion. Bunkley is a ripped 305lbs. now that is unheard of. He is fast, explosive and does not have the knock of a 2-down player/just a run stuffer. We need a guy that does both well and Ngata does not.

I personally do not think Ngata is a better choice than Bunkley. It goes back to the whole system thing, I do believe Ngata would be better in the 3-4 than the based cover 2. But again this is my opinion. Bunkley is a ripped 305lbs. now that is unheard of. He is fast, explosive and does not have the knock of a 2-down player/just a run stuffer. We need a guy that does both well and Ngata does not.

661229[/snapback]

And his on the field performance (which SHOULD be the most important factor for Bills fans) was downright non-existant before his senior season. Do we want to spend the #8 overall pick on a guy who only played well for a single season? No thank you when it comes to Bunkley, that guy has "workout warrior" written all over him.

Give me Huff or Justice, kids who have dominated at their jobs for at least three seasons.

And his on the field performance (which SHOULD be the most important factor for Bills fans) was downright non-existant before his senior season.  Do we want to spend the #8 overall pick on a guy who only played well for a single season?  No thank you when it comes to Bunkley, that guy has "workout warrior" written all over him.

Give me Huff or Justice, kids who have dominated at their jobs for at least three seasons.

661233[/snapback]

I like the idea of Huff or Justice also. But I thought we were on the subject of DT's. Ngata was hurt a year ago and only had one good year also. If you want look at the stats it is lopsided in favor of Bunkley. Just my opinion on who I think is the better player. As far as a workout warrior, I would prefer a guy who knows where the gym is as opposed to the buffet.

Coming off a 5-11 season, there aren't too many picks that don't make sense for the Bills at 8. This is a bad team with a lot of needs.

My own opinion is that Ngata is a notch below that elite group of 8 at the top of the draft. I would not pass up Vernon Davis, AJ Hawk or even Michael Huff for Ngata at 8. And yes, I do believe at least one of those three players will be on the board when we pick at 8.

Reaching for need in the top 10 results in picks like Mike Williams. I agreed with that pick at the time, even though I thought he was more of a mid 1st rounder. That was a lesson learned the hard way.

I like the idea of Huff or Justice also. But I thought we were on the subject of DT's. Ngata was hurt a year ago and only had one good year also. If you want look at the stats it is lopsided in favor of Bunkley. Just my opinion on who I think is the better player. As far as a workout warrior, I would prefer a guy who knows where the gym is as opposed to the buffet.

661238[/snapback]

I think that there is a misconception that Ngata is fat. A note from the combine:

"Looking very fit, Oregon defensive tackle Haloti Ngata is expected to take part in the complete combine routine. Weighing 340-pounds, Ngata has checked in under 11% body fat, an incredibly low number for a man his size."

Ngata is not fat. He's just an enormous human.

As far as a workout warrior, I would prefer a guy who knows where the gym is as opposed to the buffet.

661238[/snapback]

In most players I would agree but at DT I'd rather have a big ol fat ass holding the line vs the smaller gym rat that gets blown off the ball by the big tub of goo accross from him.

If you're just going to assume that Ngata is a stud, then YEAH, drafting him makes sense. I'd agree that DT, all things being equal, is our greatest need. So if every player in the draft were equally great, we would and should draft DT first. Unfortunately, many folks including myself just don't think he's worth the #8 pick in the draft.

In most players I would agree but at DT I'd rather have a big ol fat ass holding the line vs the smaller gym rat that gets blown off the ball by the big tub of goo accross from him.

661273[/snapback]

I shouldn't find that hysterical............but I do!!! :doh:

I want an above average DT who can play all 4 quarters and isn't taken out in passing downs.

All these posts calling of Marv to take Huff or Davis are driving me nuts.  The only player that makes sense for us at #8 (if he's still there) is Ngata.  You just don't pass on a chance to get a talented monster like this.

I guess some people have forgotten what happened to the defense when Donahoe let Fat Pat walk.  Well I'll remind you.  Our D fell from 2nd to one of the worst in the league.  I'm not blaming it all on the loss of Williams but you know darn well that had a lot to do with it.

A big, nasty DT will make our entire defense better.  Every other position on D benefits when that big ol DT blows up the middle.  We saw it with Fat Pat and all the NFL talking heads on Sirius are saying that Haloti is one of those rare athletic big man that doesn't come around that often.  As to the argument that he won't fit the cover 2 scheme I don't buy it.  Adjust the scheme if you have to (good teams teams do this all the time to get their best players on the field).  Don't know why Ourlads hates the guy but they seem to be alone in their assessment.  I don't  know much about Ourlads but maybe someone who does can opine on their accuracy evaluating talent.

OK, slam away.

661216[/snapback]

You forgot that ngata is an unmotivated fat ass. So fine, lets draft the "big run stuffer" and we'll hafta be happy when he only shows up 6 plays a game.

Ngata = a younger sam adams

OK, slam away.

661216[/snapback]

we tried the fat, overweight, poorly motivated lazy guy on offense the last time we were in the top 10.

That worked out great- :doh:

so let's take the overweight, lazy, previously injured, poorly motivated fat guy on defense at #8.

we tried the fat, overweight, poorly motivated lazy guy on offense the last time we were in the top 10.

That worked out great-  :doh:

so let's take the overweight, lazy, previously injured, poorly motivated fat guy on defense at #8.

661372[/snapback]

Yeah but we dont want a guy that works out and is in unreal shape, we want the fat overweight type. I dont care what anyone says 340lbs no way is he 11% body fat especially at 6'4.

You forgot that ngata is an unmotivated fat ass. So fine, lets draft the "big run stuffer" and we'll hafta be happy when he only shows up 6 plays a game.

Ngata = a younger sam adams

661314[/snapback]

Like I mentioned in my original post, Ourlads seems to be the only one calling him lazy. Not sure what to make of that since no-one in the know answered my question about how accurate their player evaluations are.

Like I mentioned in my original post, Ourlads seems to be the only one calling him lazy.  Not sure what to make of that since no-one in the know answered my question about how accurate their player evaluations are.

661385[/snapback]

Honestly I have seen some reports that have his biggest knock at taking plays off and having bad technique. I am not saying he isnt a beast I just think we would be better off with Bunkley.