Anti-Snyder letter in today's Washington Post

I think that the NFL should let the Snyder's and Jone's spend all that they want. Let them spend hundreds of millions of dollars. After a few years when they have no money left maybe they will sell the teams to a person who cares about the game and the fans. So far the only one to make anything was Jones and that was because of all the talent he got in the draft. Free agency wise all he knows about football is how to write a check.

I heard the same thing is happening in Pittsburgh as well. The average fan is being priced out of the game. Does the NFL want every game to be like the Super Bowl where only the privliged members of corporate America get to attend? Seems like it to me.

How many people would buy Bills season tickets if the cheap seats were $210 per ticket, per game and the only way to buy them would be to use a Bills Credit Card? How many people would buy 1 ticket to one game? Not very many. There would be 70,000 empty seats per game.

Exactly. That's apparently the future Snyder and his ilk want to see -- the rich and famous going to games to "be seen", while Joe Average Fan sits at home watching the games on TV.

That's a future I don't want to be a part of.

661757[/snapback]

I'm happy watching the game on DirecTV. I can have ice cold beer available for $11 per 12 pack, no lines at the bathroom or snack bar. Parking is free and no obnoxious fans jeering at me.

I like to be at the occasional game because the atmosphere is so much different, but it is way more comfortable at home.

I think that the NFL should let the Snyder's and Jone's spend all that they want.  Let them spend hundreds of millions of dollars.  After a few years when they have no money left maybe they will sell the teams to a person who cares about the game and the fans.  So far the only one to make anything was Jones and that was because of all the talent he got in the draft.  Free agency wise all he knows about football is how to write a check.

661788[/snapback]

The problem is, that after a few years they won't be out of money. They'll have more of it. And it is this insatiable greed, thriving on the success of the game that is "setting the bar" as per the new CBA.

The golden goose is going the way of the Dodo.

I will always have College football. If the Bills move, the NFL is dead to me.

661773[/snapback]

I love college football. The kids are very competitive and play for the love of the game. Now if they can just fix that damn bowl system.

So can the average Washington fan.  You're talking about a city where 350 sq. ft. studio condos hit the market at $650k and sell in three days.  (Not even exaggerating...

Snyder's pricing the average Buffalo fan out of Redskins season tickets.  The average Skins fan is a completely different story.

661677[/snapback]

Ahh, yeh you are exaggerating, but thats another topic(show me one property going for north of $2000/sf). While I agree "average" fans may be priced out, what is an "average fan". Does it mean people with $250k in income are not "average fans'.That they can't have a passion for football and his team as much as the guy making $50K. And let me tell ya, that income level is pretty squarely middle class in the DC metro area.

Listen, our gripe should not be what ole Danny boy can charge his customers. Thats simply a matter of supply and demand. As for that matter, the letter writer a rock head for not buying his seasons and his parking passes, and either selling them all for a nice tidy profit, or selling half which would let him go the other games pretty much for free. Having a couple of friends long time season ticket holders who do exactly that. Maybe thats why the guy has no money, he has a license to print it, and he won't take it.

Our gripe needs to be how that money gets shared in the revunue sharing

process. The problem is all of that money now gets counted in % to players, which will drive Ralphs expenses up.As I but in a post the other day, if it drives Ralphs expences up $10M, and he is not exploring all revunue opportunities(dead horse, but stadium naming rights as an ex.) my sympathies for him are somewhat limited

Ahh, yeh you are exaggerating, but thats another topic(show me one property going for north of $2000/sf).

661909[/snapback]

When I worked in NYC 4 years ago, my boss had just bought a 360 sq.ft. apartment for $660,000. (At least that's what he told me.) He was quite pleased with the "find".

Now, I know it's not DC; but, I've always heard that DC and Manhattan real estate were on par with one another. So he may not be exaggerating as much as we may think.

When I worked in NYC 4 years ago, my boss had just bought a 360 sq.ft. apartment for $660,000.  (At least that's what he told me.)  He was quite pleased with the "find". 

Now, I know it's not DC; but, I've always heard that DC and Manhattan real estate were on par with one another.  So he may not be exaggerating as much as we may think.

662106[/snapback]

The Gallery Place condo development was what I was specifically thinking of, if anyone cares to try to look up the sales prices. Condo fees alone in that building are north of $1000/month.

I'm getting really close to the end of my football fandom. There are better things to do in life than spending all of your time, effort, and money on a league that does not care about anything except getting more money out of you. If the NFL had anything resebling a soul it would be as black as can be.

NFL = 1 big marketing gimmick.

The Gallery Place condo development was what I was specifically thinking of, if anyone cares to try to look up the sales prices.  Condo fees alone in that building are north of $1000/month.

662111[/snapback]

I wouldn't doubt it at all. I have a friend that's considering moving to DC and they're looking at a Condo for over $2000 per month. I have no idea where it is or the size. But, I couldn't imagine moving there with those prices.

I wouldn't doubt it at all.  I have a friend that's considering moving to DC and they're looking at a Condo for over $2000 per month.  I have no idea where it is or the size.  But, I couldn't imagine moving there with those prices.

662116[/snapback]

That's actually below average.