Why audiophiles are full of stojan...

SDS

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's just say whenever someone hears the vast difference between interconnects, it is time to roll the eyes and throw the audio BS flag.

Time and again, double blind studies have shown that to be BS.

659828[/snapback]

My speaker wires right now are $80/pair (Cobalt Cables) and my interconnects are $30/pair (Outlaw Audio cables). For me to spend much more than that, I'd really have to hear something CLEARLY improve. I'm not ready to play around with it yet, but I do feel that I'm at the level of gear quality where I want to see if cables can make any difference, you know? Even if I do hear some improvement, I'm still probably not going to drop $1.5k on them.....but I might spend more than what I do now :rolleyes:

My speaker wires right now are $80/pair (Cobalt Cables) and my interconnects are $30/pair (Outlaw Audio cables). For me to spend much more than that, I'd really have to hear something CLEARLY improve. I'm not ready to play around with it yet, but I do feel that I'm at the level of gear quality where I want to see if cables can make any difference, you know? Even if I do hear some improvement, I'm still probably not going to drop $1.5k on them.....but I might spend more than what I do now  :rolleyes:

660256[/snapback]

Oh.

You be one of those rich fellas.

Oh.

You be one of those rich fellas.

660279[/snapback]

Not even close. This is just what happens to your disposable income when your wife becomes your ex-wife :rolleyes:

I've dropped about $6k on my audio system this year, and that is a LOT of money to me. But I don't really care about nice cars...I'm a "point A to point B" kind of guy. I shop at the Kohls Mens department, don't eat out a lot, am currently w/out female adherance, and no kids to speak of. So, aside from my dog and the basic necessities of life, I don't have much goin' on right now.

Not even close. This is just what happens to your disposable income when your wife becomes your ex-wife  :rolleyes:

I've dropped about $6k on my audio system this year, and that is a LOT of money to me. But I don't really care about nice cars...I'm a "point A to point B" kind of guy. I shop at the Kohls Mens department, don't eat out a lot, am currently w/out female adherance, and no kids to speak of. So, aside from my dog and the basic necessities of life, I don't have much goin' on right now.

660306[/snapback]

I can appreciate that.

Not even close. This is just what happens to your disposable income when your wife becomes your ex-wife  :rolleyes:

660306[/snapback]

There's a lot to be said about a dude with a $6000 audio system and a $2000 car. :lol:

Or one with an extra zero on the end of each.  :rolleyes:

I'm a fuggn' tool, I guess.

660424[/snapback]

Most people have hobbies they like to put a good portion of their money into. I'll never bust a guy's chops for wanting to hear his music as cleanly as he can. Some folks like to put their money into their boat, or their golf game, or their home theater, or their garden.

Me? I put it into drinking. :lol:

Most people have hobbies they like to put a good portion of their money into. I'll never bust a guy's chops for wanting to hear his music as cleanly as he can. Some folks like to put their money into their boat, or their golf game, or their home theater, or their garden.

Me? I put it into drinking. :lol:

660428[/snapback]

:rolleyes:

Unless the $6k audio system is in the $2k car, in which case there's very little to say outside of "What the !@#$ is wrong with you?"

660491[/snapback]

I've never been much into car audio at all, but if any of you ARE into it, and you want to drop some GOOD amps in back, go to www.butleraudio.com and check out their car amps. I've not heard them, but they are supposed to be special. (And if anyone wants to see the amp I just picked up for my home rig, it's the 5150 model under the home audio secion.)

I'm thinking about picking up an '06 Jetta later this year, and I may outfit the thing with some of the Butler car amps....I have a decent commute to work, so why not :rolleyes: