Shocking news

"France" needs to become the new slang word for kitty.

"Grow some balls dude. Don't be a france!"

"That guy won't stand up to anybody. He's got to be the biggest france I've ever seen in my life."

"What's new france-cat? Whoa whoa whoa..."

"My wife just shaved her france."

;)

"France" needs to become. the new slang word for kitty.

"That guy won't stand up to anybody. He's got to be the biggest france I've ever seen in my life."

"What's new france-cat? Whoa whoa whoa?"

;)

657961[/snapback]

VIVA LA kitty!!! :P

Works for me Gav :)

Nice work!! Truly a victory for young french workers. Now they can ensure that at least a quarter of them will remain unemployed and free to attend other stupid protests designed to screw their own future.

Maybe John Kerry will run for President of France. I hear he has a plan.

;)

657961[/snapback]

If you're not careful, some heremeneut is going go all Lacanian Real on your ass...

Just a question Kegtarp or whatever your screename is. Imagine you're president of the USA. and your administration is trying to pass a new act. The unions don't like it and about 15-20 millions (this is the proportion of frenchmen that were in the streets) americans are protesting in the streets twice a week;. All universities are on strike, the public transportation systems are down. the protesters are a little more numerous each time and there's big security issues. How long do you hold on? the french governement hold on for more than 2 months...

Just a question Kegtarp or whatever your screename is. Imagine you're president of the USA. and your administration is trying to pass a new act. The unions don't like it and about 15-20 millions (this is the proportion of frenchmen that were in the streets)  americans are protesting in the streets twice a week;. All universities are on strike, the public transportation systems are down. the protesters are a little more numerous each time and there's big security issues. How long do you hold on? the french governement hold on for more than 2 months...

658582[/snapback]

Although on a MUCH smaller scale, we are caving in as we speak to the illegal aliens. But, it seems that you guys have done that too. :P

Although on a MUCH smaller scale, we are caving in as we speak to the illegal aliens. But, it seems that you guys have done that too.  :P

658644[/snapback]

ho yes we did! and it's far from over!! at least the USA creates about 200,000 jobs a month so that can help the integration of those immigrants, while France does not create any jobs for years...

ho yes we did! and it's far from over!! at least the USA creates about 200,000 jobs a month so that can help the integration of those immigrants, while France does not create any jobs for years...

658688[/snapback]

Please be honest. Do you believe that France lost ANY jobs due to the unofficial US boycotts of French products? There are still many Americans who will not by anything French.

It certainly could not have helped, or so I see it.

:P

657961[/snapback]

LMFAO

:lol::lol::lol::D

Bill in NYC and olivier are right on point on this one.

How DARE we critiscise the French for "surrendering" when our government and press is doing the exact same thing in regards to the immigration issue, and under much LESS duress than the French Government is?

Please be honest. Do you believe that France lost ANY jobs due to the unofficial US boycotts of French products? There are still many Americans who will not by anything French.

It certainly could not have helped, or so I see it.

658696[/snapback]

i don't believe France has lost many jobs due to the boycott... the only big exporting sector that is facing difficulties is the wine business. it is in a deep crisis due mainly to the euro that is still very high vs the dollar and the "new world " (Chili, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and California) wines that are gaining market shares each year. If that particular case the american boycott may have added a little more pressure but that's the only field where it may have cost jobs .

In the luxury brands market no effect that's for sure (i know quite well that secor!) , aeroplanes no effect (airbuses are still being sold very well), spirits like Cognac no effect (very good exports figures those last 2 years), we even had record years in the US in some niches like motions pictures (penguins anybody!!?) and well you gotta know the USA is a small export market for most exporting french groups compared with the rest of Europe or Asia

Just a question Kegtarp or whatever your screename is. Imagine you're president of the USA. and your administration is trying to pass a new act. The unions don't like it and about 15-20 millions (this is the proportion of frenchmen that were in the streets)  americans are protesting in the streets twice a week;. All universities are on strike, the public transportation systems are down. the protesters are a little more numerous each time and there's big security issues. How long do you hold on? the french governement hold on for more than 2 months...

658582[/snapback]

Who cares if universities are on strike?

well if your son is a student that can not study because of the strike while you're paying him a flat, his food and hope he'll finally get that damned degree next month you care...

658855[/snapback]

Big deal. Hey, it's not like I care, it's YOUR economy LOL.

Big deal. Hey, it's not like I care, it's YOUR economy LOL.

658859[/snapback]

Biggest crunch over there is the lack of transportation. A LOT of people depend on it there to get to work. Definitely has a trickle effect on the rest of the economy.

Also, part of an email from a friend of mine in Paris.

I’m surprised the US media call this “riots”! Here is the fact: we have a strike with our Prime Minister and its CPE. So there are protestations in the country. Among the protesters, a small group (about 0,1%) of guys do the mess... Ok, I have to admit they’re the same who burned cars and rioted last winter. In spite of what you can see on TV, we’re more concerned by our future and our employment politics than by those !@#$s!