Anyone think we could land Hawk and Bing

No!  You must draft for need in the first round.  Ngata is the 2nd best player in the entire draft after Reggie Bush, and he may even be better than Bush.  Heck, he may even be better than Walter Payton.

654583[/snapback]

and Ngata could love the burgers as much as Fat Sam and teh recently departed Fat Mike.

large players with poor work habits, weak dedication and large appetites are always a concern-especially in the top 10.

Don't take anything as gospel, hence the "FWIW"... but it's fun to listen to & talk about.

654636[/snapback]

Agreed. I really liked listening to the "Moving The Chains" show when Shannon Sharpe was on. Tim Ryan is pretty good, too. Did you catch the show the other day when he and Pat Kirwan were talking about the Packer fans? "Gimme a beer, gimme a brat, and gimme a Brett and I'm fine." Classic!

If Hawk fell to us at #8, I think the best bet for improving the Bills in terms of football would be to trade the pick to another team salivating to get him in exchange for a later first round choice and for additional first day choices to fill the holes we gave at DT, OL and SS.

I think Hawk is a great player who should making a starting line-up at LB on Day One. However, if we did this, then it means that the Bills will have many millions of dollars sitting on our bench as we already TKO. Fletch and likely Crowell as LB starters. Even with this line-up it assumes we either cut Posey or are comfortable with him as a back-up.

I do not see the Bills being able to afford or choosing to voluntarily have millions of dollars in salary not contribute to the team. Add into this problem that taking Hawk forces us to leave a gap that a 1st round choice can fill at DT, or SS, or OL and despite the sense I aggree with that Hawk is a great player his selection likely sets back our TEAM's development as the choice simply seeks out a great player.

Perhaps you know something about TKO's recovery we do not know. Perhaps you are so future oriented that you are already looking for a replacement for Fletcher. Neither approach seems to be a good one for producing a winning football team and winning ethic.

The best way for Hawk to help build this team into a TEAM that gets more Ws is to get traded for more resources.

Agreed.  I really liked listening to the "Moving The Chains" show when Shannon Sharpe was on.  Tim Ryan is pretty good, too.  Did you catch the show the other day when he and Pat Kirwan were talking about the Packer fans?  "Gimme a beer, gimme a brat, and gimme a Brett and I'm fine."  Classic!

654647[/snapback]

No, I missed that one... a lot of the time I'm only able to catch the replay. I wish they would add that channel as streaming content on the Web.

No, I missed that one... a lot of the time I'm only able to catch the replay. I wish they would add that channel as streaming content on the Web.

654764[/snapback]

Yeah. I still don't have the boom box yet, so I can't listen to it @ work. I only catch the shows while driving to/from work or when I'm on lunch break.

I think Hawk is a great player who should making a starting line-up at LB on Day One.  However, if we did this, then it means that the Bills will have many millions of dollars sitting on our bench as we already TKO. Fletch and likely Crowell as LB starters.  Evrtingen with this line-up it assumes we either cut Posey or are comfortable with him as a back-up.

654658[/snapback]

If we take Hawk at #8, he will not be sitting on the bench. :(

TKO may be if he can't come back, Crowell may be if TKO makes it...

or Fletcher could get cut one year earlier than planned.

But AJ will be starting.

It has been reported in several outlets that San Francisco has their sights set on Bing in the 2nd round. If that's true, he will not be there for the Bills in the 2nd.

I still am set on taking Anthony Smith, the safety from Syracuse. Good kid, head screwed on straight. He should be there for us in the 4th round.

In no particular order, I want to see the Day 1 picks be three linemen (either two o-line and one d-line...or two d-line and one o-line) and a defensive back.

No!  You must draft for need in the first round.  Ngata is the 2nd best player in the entire draft after Reggie Bush, and he may even be better than Bush.  Heck, he may even be better than Walter Payton.

654583[/snapback]

You're nuts..This has to be a joke. Ngata will be a 375lb slow fat plug that will take himself out every thrid play. D-line are rotational players, o-line plays every down. They need to get o-line first. If Ngata is the 2nd best then who's 3rd?????

You're nuts..This has to be a joke.  Ngata will be a 375lb slow fat plug that will take himself out every thrid play.  D-line are rotational players, o-line plays every down. They need to get o-line first.  If Ngata is the 2nd best then who's 3rd?????

654814[/snapback]

Vince Young, I thought everyone knew that :(

I think he'll play a role, but start???   :(  :angry: Back on the china white?

654876[/snapback]

Who's gonna beat him out? Crowell??? Posey???

Either of them would've been the 3rd-best LB on Ohio State last year.

This is A.J. Hawk we're talking about now... he'll be kicking ass & taking names from Day 1.

As for Hawk, with NO trading Gandy the first 3 picks are set in stone.

Texans - Bush

Saints - D'Brick

Titans - Leinart

654527[/snapback]

I'm betting Leinart goes at No.2

Either the Jets trade up to get him(or a lower team...maybe?) or the Titans move up one to guarantee it.

Certainly not set in stone in my mind.

You're nuts..This has to be a joke.  Ngata will be a 375lb slow fat plug that will take himself out every thrid play.  D-line are rotational players, o-line plays every down. They need to get o-line first.  If Ngata is the 2nd best then who's 3rd?????

654814[/snapback]

The post you're responding to was tongue in cheek.

If we take Hawk at #8, he will not be sitting on the bench. :)

TKO may be if he can't come back, Crowell may be if TKO makes it...

or Fletcher could get cut one year earlier than planned.

But AJ will be starting.

654771[/snapback]

I agree that Hawk is good enough to start right away, but that is exactly why he produces a lot of waste on a team that is so badly off and needs lots help at lots of positions that he would also waste resources if drafted.

The Bills will pay multi-millions of dollars to TKO, and to Fletch and a tremendous chunk of money to the recently extended Crowell when they did not have to so these players can contribute rather than sit on the bench.

Thw drafting of Hawk would not only make one of the first moves by new GM Marv of extending Crowell a wasted effort that will unecessarily cost his fellow Golden Boy money to have it sit not contributing to the team (and after seeing him push for RJ to start over DF and then foolishly push Wade to arbitration and lose we all know how he hates to sit his money sit.

Ecen worse, by drafting Hawk and totally devoting ourselves to a BPA approach and ignoring immediate need in a year where after missing the playoffs 5 years in a row Ralph (who ain't getting any younger) desperately wants to at least make a serious run for the playoffs (though it is doubtful we will make it) and after consigning last season to a training exercise for JP, this team cannot have its customers perceive it at least is making a serious try for the playoffs.

It seems to me to matter less to the team how good an individual player may be than to balance BPA with at least an acknowledgement of team need.

Ecen if Hawk is as good as you and I suspect he is, by drafing an LB with our #8 rather than getting a player worthy of the #8 choice who can ALSO meet our needs for a DT, SS, or OL starter who currently are not on out roster.

If Hawk drops to us at #8 (doubtful because I think that the NFL professionals agree with you and I that he should be a good one who starts immediately) then the way he helps build a Bills team the most is not by consigning a well paid LB to the bench and leaving us with a different hole unfilled by our roster, but by tradung the right to pick him to another team and giving us 2 or more additional day draft choices to fill our many needs.

I know we need serious help on our lines but if Hawk and Bing fall to us in the first two rounds I think the Bills would be crazy not to pick them up. Sign Grady Jackson and our defense becomes very nasty! Can you imagine a defense with Spikes, Hawk, Fletch, Clements, McGee, Bing, Vincent, Tripplett, Jackson and Schobel? Wow!

The third and fourth rounders could be used for the offensive and defensive lines with players like Trueblood OT, Spencer OG and McCargo DT.

654512[/snapback]

I think Hawk is LONG gone (probably to Green Bay at #5 Overall) by #8...But if he was there I'd snag him in a heartbeat. :)

If Hawk drops to us at #8 (doubtful because I think that the NFL professionals agree with you and I that he should be a good one who starts immediately) then the way he helps build a Bills team the most is not by consigning a well paid LB to the bench and leaving us with a different hole unfilled by our roster, but by tradung the right to pick him to another team and giving us 2 or more additional  day draft choices to fill our many needs.

655068[/snapback]

I agree it's doubtful Hawk will be there at #8, but if he is the Bills should probably take him. I hear what you're saying about filling team holes. But there are two parts to having a good team: lack of holes, and a few elite difference makers that can change the course of the game. London Fletcher isn't getting any younger, Takeo may or may not fully recover from his injury, and Angelo Crowell, while respectable, isn't an elite difference maker.

Should need play a role? Up to a point. If there was another player with Hawk's potential for greatness sitting there at #8, and if that other player was at a position of greater need or greater potential impact, you draft the other guy. But assuming Hawk will be a significantly better LB than the other guy would be at his position, I think you go with Hawk.

I for one hope Hawk is not there. I just have this feeling he will be a bust. Maybe not becuase of his ability but I think he will be one of those players who is always hurt. 6-1 240 is not that big although as scouts like to say he has a high motor. Still fighting off 300 lb lineman might be tougher than the blockers he had to shed in college. Plus everyone loves him nad thinks he is cant miss prospect and as we learned the hard way with some of our picks that is not always the case.

I could be way off base and he may become a probowler but I just think some team will be sorry they drafted him.