Anyone think we could land Hawk and Bing

I know we need serious help on our lines but if Hawk and Bing fall to us in the first two rounds I think the Bills would be crazy not to pick them up. Sign Grady Jackson and our defense becomes very nasty! Can you imagine a defense with Spikes, Hawk, Fletch, Clements, McGee, Bing, Vincent, Tripplett, Jackson and Schobel? Wow!

The third and fourth rounders could be used for the offensive and defensive lines with players like Trueblood OT, Spencer OG and McCargo DT.

I know we need serious help on our lines but if Hawk and Bing fall to us in the first two rounds I think the Bills would be crazy not to pick them up.

654512[/snapback]

They would be smart to do so. A stretch to think that would present itself, though...

Chandler Bing?

[Pleads Ignorance]

As for Hawk, with NO trading Gandy the first 3 picks are set in stone.

Texans - Bush

Saints - D'Brick

Titans - Leinart

I would guess the Jets would now take Williams, so Hawk would have to clear GB and SF to reach the Bills. Packers need help everywhere and the 9ers lost Julian Peterson, so I doubt he reaches #8.

If the Texans are smart...which they're not... they should posture that they'll take D'Brick and hope to extort the Saints into swapping picks with them.

Edited:

I can see the Raiders drafting Young, so what the Bills really need is someone taking a flyer on Cutler in the top 7. Most mocks now have Davis going to SF.

Yay!  Lets ignore the lines!  Yay!

Its time to stop ignoring the problem and just take the BORING picks.  Give me Day One of nothing but O-Line and D-Line and I'd be happy.

654525[/snapback]

I know what you're saying, but think of the shorter fields the offense would be playing with all season long.

As for your list, I think Justice would be spending all his time and money on the Canadian Ballet. However I do like Joseph in the second.

As for your list, I think Justice would be spending all his time and money on the Canadian Ballet. However I do like Joseph in the second.

654546[/snapback]

I'm not a big fan of Justice for those reasons. He could just be a "young and dumb kid" who made a mistake or that could just be insight into his character (or lack thereof). I'm not willing to gamble a first round pick on that.

Also not a fan of Dvoracek for similar reasons. I'd go after Babatunde Oshinowo first.

No way does Pittman last until the 7th after the combine and the Senior Bowl (where he was a last minute addition and performed quite well).

I'm not a big fan of Justice for those reasons.  He could just be a "young and dumb kid" who made a mistake or that could just be insight into his character (or lack thereof).  I'm not willing to gamble a first round pick on that.

Also not a fan of Dvoracek for similar reasons.  I'd go after Babatunde Oshinowo first.

No way does Pittman last until the 7th after the combine and the Senior Bowl (where he was a last minute addition and performed quite well).

654553[/snapback]

I think we are just opposite minds on the character issues Rich, I'm willing to let the kids have another shot because I think both fit our system like a glove. To me, the upside is just TOO huge to pass on a guy like Justice just because when he was 18 he made an idiot out of himself. For what its worth, the other DT I was flipping back and forth over to include WAS Oshinowo, so I wouldnt be upset at all to see the Bills take him instead of Dvoracek. I think both will do well in the NFL as run pluggers.

As for Pittman, he's a hard card to read...some projections have him going as high as a 3rd, others have him going undrafted. To me, there are still huge question marks around size and durability which will scare some teams off, so I think later in Day Two is when he'll come off the boards. Will he be there by Round 7? I'm beginning to have second thoughts about that lately (maybe more like 5th), but I'll stick with him in my mock until the draft week when I update it again.

Wow, you would think around here that there are no good linemen available i the draft after the first round. The first round is not for reaching to get a player to fill a need, its for getting the best player available that will fit your team and have an immediate impact. So if Hawk is there, you take him if he is the Best player on the board at that time.

Wow, you would think around here that there are no good linemen available i the draft after the first round. The first round is not for reaching to get a player to fill a need, its for getting the best player available that will fit your team and have an immediate impact. So if Hawk is there, you take him if he is the Best player on the board at that time.

654573[/snapback]

No! You must draft for need in the first round. Ngata is the 2nd best player in the entire draft after Reggie Bush, and he may even be better than Bush. Heck, he may even be better than Walter Payton.

No!  You must draft for need in the first round.  Ngata is the 2nd best player in the entire draft after Reggie Bush, and he may even be better than Bush.  Heck, he may even be better than Walter Payton.

654583[/snapback]

Your not serious are you?

the upside is just TOO huge to pass on a guy like Justice just because when he was 18 he made an idiot out of himself.

654569[/snapback]

FWIW, I heard on Sirius NFL yesterday that the Raiders really love Justice after USC's Pro Day...he may not be there at #8.

I heard that also, but you can't take everything said on the Sirius shows as gospel.  They've thrown many theories to the wall, and are looking to see which ones stick.

654624[/snapback]

Don't take anything as gospel, hence the "FWIW"... but it's fun to listen to & talk about.