NE's 1st opponent after their bye week is....

and our three qb rotation.

654462[/snapback]

Along with the 7 man rotation at #2 WR.

Think we can spread it out with just Nall taking a shotgun snap from Fowler and Willis beside them, and go 8 wide???

I can hear it from Murph now.......

"Nall from the shotgun with Mcgahee.....Evans, Fast Freddy, Davis, Parrish and Reed to the left. Smith, Aiken, and Royal split to the right....."

"Draw play to Willis, gain of 2. What a crafty call to try to get Willis some room."

Just noticed that myself. When was the last time they had to play us with only a single week of prep? This is crazy...

654478[/snapback]

That bye week is nothing. They currently have 23 weeks to prepare for our Week 1 tilt. Belichick with 23 weeks, fuggedaboutit!

Along with the 7 man rotation at #2 WR.

Think we can spread it out with just Nall taking a shotgun snap from Fowler and Willis beside them, and go 8 wide???

I can hear it from Murph now.......

"Nall from the shotgun with Mcgahee.....Evans, Fast Freddy, Davis, Parrish and Reed to the left.  Smith, Aiken, and Royal split to the right....."

"Draw play to Willis, gain of 2.  What a crafty call to try to get Willis some room."

654533[/snapback]

Its a 6 man rotation

Royal will line up next to Fowler, he is a blocking TE not a pass catching TE

I could work though. Think about it, they would require alot of Safeties or CB cause otherwise there would be a bunch of Wide open Recievers down field and JP/Nall would only have to toss it in one are and have a couple of open guys to catch the ball and have the others block the couple guys down field. To bad Mularky wasn't still here, you might have been named his new OC

Yes, with all the draft talk around here and everyone demanding he comes here (even after the team said he does not fit their defensive scheme) you would think he could walk on water and heal the sick.

654596[/snapback]

Oh, but he can.

Seriously, I like the guy, and I think he'll be a good player, but he's not a player I see as one who will revolutionalize the position or anything. Considering we got a stud like Ted Washington in free agency and signed an UNDRAFTED Pat Williams before, I just don't see a pressing need to draft Ngata 8th overall, especially when there are other DTs who look very capable of being run stuffers for us that could be had in later rounds. And by later, I don't mean the 6th or 7th round, so those who love to take things to the other extreme can relax.