9-7

Some of you people need to take the blinders off.

This team is 6-10 at best. Shoddy quarterbacking, below-average offensive line, no WR depth at all (can't wait to see how good Lee is when he's the focus of defenses), no impact defensive linemen, and a pair of safeties that can best be described as suspect.

Through this year AND next year's draft, not to mention another round of free agency, hopefully Marv can get the boys back to competing for a wild card spot.

Talkin' proud!!!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of you people need to take the blinders off.

This team is 6-10 at best.  Shoddy quarterbacking, below-average offensive line, no WR depth at all (can't wait to see how good Lee is when he's the focus of defenses), no impact defensive linemen, and a pair of safeties that can best be described as suspect.

Through this year AND next year's draft, not to mention another round of free agency, hopefully Marv can get the boys back to competing for a wild card spot.

Talkin' proud!!!

654386[/snapback]

THANK YOU FRIEND!! THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING FOR THE PAST 6 WEEKS!

I can't see us beating Chicago and baltimore in their backyards...7-9

654351[/snapback]

I don't see how you can realistically say that we have better than a 50/50 shot of beating ANYBODY in their backyards this year, and that includes Houston & Detroit.

I don't see how you can realistically say that we have better than a 50/50 shot of beating ANYBODY in their backyards this year, and that includes Houston & Detroit.

654402[/snapback]

Pre-draft, pre-mini-camps, and pre-training camp, I'd say the Bills will be lucky to get to 1-7 on the road this season. I'd also guess they go 2-4 in the AFC East.

Look, I love me some Buffalo Bills. I'm not trying to be a nay-sayer or doom-and-gloom kinda guy, but I think AS OF RIGHT NOW the roster is LESS talented than it was last year, whereas some of our opponents on the upcomming schedule have improved their talent level.

For a team that went 5-11 last year, lost players they are replacing with lesser talent (or at best a wash), I don't know how they plan on winning any more than one or two more games. Could they have a break-out year from some of their players? Of course. Could JP or Nall suddenly be a revelation at QB? Why not? But even then, with EVERYTHING going their way, I can't see anything better than 8-8 under the most wild of circumstances.

Marv has given every indication he's treating the Bills as a going concern, rather than a quick-fix job. That said, it will likely take a season or two to get to where he wants to be in order to even compete for a WILD CARD spot.

Oh, and quit it with the "refs favor the other teams" yap. You're only feeding into the widely held stereotype of moronic Bills fans.

Its very reasonable to say this team could be 8-8 or better with this schedule just by looking at last year.

We almost beat NE once so there is a possibility we could beat them once this year (probably the opener since billichek won't have much game film to work with on Buffalo with a whole new coaching staff)

We beat Miami once last year and almost did it again (until Meathead and Moulds screwed us over) Culpepper might not be ready to even play until mid season

We beat the jets early last year and lost to them in a meaningless game. The lost a decent coach and now have a rookie HC and lots alot of key players already. Can possible get the sweep here

Minnesota will be a toss up, New coach, who will be their QB? they did pretty good late last season with brad johnson

Chicago was a playoff team last year based on their defence only, this one could also be a toss up cause if Buffalo can score a couple TD's, they have a chance at this game. Chicago hasn't done much to improve yet.

Who knows with Detroit. Is Kitna the new #1 QB? They have new coaching but the same inept GM who will probably draft another WR in the first. And they are still the Lions so who knows.

Green bay signed Pickett, nothing much else, no one knows if Favre will play or not, not a good team last year and have not really tried to get any better

I think most of us can agree, we will get killed in Indy, they are a good regular season team, especially at home so I think most people can agree its a loss

Playing at Houston, they got Moulds (apparently, no official word yet from either team though) and still have no one to block Carr, so unless he is practicing throwing from his back, Moulds isn't going to be a problem. Buffalo also beat them pretty good in the home opener last year. Don't see how Houston is going to be that much better, a o-line will be needed so Bush can run too.

Jacksonville can be a deceiving team cause some weeks they look good, some weeksthey look bad. They have a pretty good team and will probably be the same or stronger this coming year. Unless the Bills come in with their A game, I think Jacksonville will win

San Diego is now relying on Rivers to be the QB, An untested rookie QB stepping in to fill the role of starter on a team that will have high expectations after almost making the playoffs the year before (sound familiar?) Unless Rivers is the real deal, I think San Diego struggles this upcoming season so the Bills could take this one.

Tenesee could be playing either Lienart/Young at this point of the season cause I doubt they will be in any kind of playoff race. They were horrible last year and have not shown many signs they will be better this year. They don't have a great RB (Travis Henry is a UFA according to TSN's top FA this offseason on their website) and either an aging High priced QB past his prime, or a rookie starter.

Playing Baltimore in the last week could be a good thing cause they may have already clinched a playoff spot and playing scrubs or they will not be a good team next year. Its hard to say cause they are a decent team but there play varies all the time, sometimes they are strong, other times they are easily beatable. hard to say who will be better

Its a decent schedule, but it is not unrealistic to believe the bills could go atleast 8-8 next year. We have not even seen what type of game plan the coaches have this year or what kind of players Marv gets to fill out the rest of the roster. The draft hasn't even happened yet. Who knows

I can't see us beating Chicago and baltimore in their backyards...7-9

654351[/snapback]

Well, I think the Bears and Ravens are overrated. Of course, I should have a better idea on Oct 9th and New Years Day.

Are some of you people kidding me? LMAO It's even a laugh that some of you people have us winning in Chicago.

This might be the NFL, throw away the key to the woodshed, most durable, April lock of the year, ever.

This is a classic Bills game where they will go on the road, and get absolutely dominated by the Bears defense. We'll lose field position early in the game, and slowly get beat into the ground. Could even be a game where Rex Grossman would post stats like 8-14, 132 yards, and we'll still get pummeled like 27-3.

I just don't get how some people can't see that this is Greggo's first year all over again.

It doesn't even boggle my mind that some of you are blind to the fact that our team sucks, it's the fact that you can't realize that most all other teams have flew past us.

Hello people, we are one of the worst teams in the league. On paper, on the field, whatever.....it doesn't matter, we are bad. Everyone else counts us as a win on their schedule.

Pre-draft, pre-mini-camps, and pre-training camp, I'd say the Bills will be lucky to get to 1-7 on the road this season.  I'd also guess they go 2-4 in the AFC East.

Look, I love me some Buffalo Bills.  I'm not trying to be a nay-sayer or doom-and-gloom kinda guy, but I think AS OF RIGHT NOW the roster is LESS talented than it was last year, whereas some of our opponents on the upcomming schedule have improved their talent level.

For a team that went 5-11 last year, lost players they are replacing with lesser talent (or at best a wash), I don't know how they plan on winning any more than one or two more games.  Could they have a break-out year from some of their players?  Of course.  Could JP or Nall suddenly be  a revelation at QB?  Why not?  But even then, with EVERYTHING going their way, I can't see anything better than 8-8 under the most wild of circumstances.

Marv has given every indication he's treating the Bills as a going concern, rather than a quick-fix job.  That said, it will likely take a season or two to get to where he wants to be in order to even compete for a WILD CARD spot.

Oh, and quit it with the "refs favor the other teams" yap.  You're only feeding into the widely held stereotype of moronic Bills fans.

654423[/snapback]

Yep I agree completely (except for the refs part because they DO screw us most of the time).

This team is just not good at any position except CB. Maybe LB if TKO recovers ok at LB and RB when Willis decides to try. And of course Special Teams. But overall it's a bad team. I think we would be underdogs vs. any of the 31 teams if we played them on the road on opening day.

As for this huge weather advantage that everyone's talking about....it didn't help us so much vs. Miami when we had bad teams in 2000 and 2003. The September home game for them is just as big of an advantage IMO.

As for Tennessee, well if we can't beat them at home in any kind of weather we have some problems.