9-7

Last year, most people had us going to the playoffs and possibly winning the AFC East. As bad as the Bills were, if they managed to hold 4th quarter leads against Carolina, the Jets, Dolphins, and New England that would be a 9-7 record. Point is that the NFL is so even and you get a few lucky breaks, hey you never know. How many people had the Bears in the playoffs? What about the Bucs? Looking at their roster, it wasn't that much better than ours. I'm not saying we're going to the playoffs, but don't give up on the season yet. Stranger things have happened. Go Bills. :o

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe people could sit her and post about how horrible a team the Bills are going to be this year, and that the franchise is a laughing stock and a joke, and still call themselves Bills fans.

Yes last years season was a disapointment, and yes if TD and MM were still here I would be joining you saying this year will be bad, but there are to many new variables (new caching staff, many problem players are now elsewhere). It s new team and a New Year. Everyone seems to be so determined to deem this team a failure before they get a chance to see what they are made of.

I can't believe people could sit her and post about how horrible a team the Bills are going to be this year, and that the franchise is a laughing stock and a joke, and still call themselves Bills fans.

Yes last years season was a disapointment, and yes if TD and MM were still here I would be joining you saying this year will be bad, but there are to many new variables (new caching staff, many problem players are now elsewhere). It s new team and a New Year. Everyone seems to be so determined to deem this team a failure before they get a chance to see what they are made of.

654472[/snapback]

Total agreement. As of right now, I think the Bills are going to the Super Bowl (though I have us losing to Bucs). I maybe very delusional, but I guess that's what makes me a Bills fan. :o

654472[/snapback]

It's called "sports talk," pal. You can bet your ass I call myself a Bills fan, and I'll gladly put my money where my mouth is with my near 20 years of seasons tix. But being a fan of a team doesn't mean you can't criticize them. The team was 5-11 last year, and has done nothing to improve as of now.

Someone else mentioned about how the Bills had fourth quarter leads, but couldn't hold on. Yeah... that's what bad teams do, they don't close out games. How do we expect a lesser team to suddenly learn how to do that? Believe me, I hope JP or Nall is a revelation at QB, that the O-Line is suddenly AVERAGE, that the D-Line starts making plays in the crunch, and the special teams carries the team... again. I just don't see it.

It ain't deeming them a failure, its making a prediction. Again, that's called "sports talk."

654472[/snapback]

10 years without a playoff win and 6 without a playoff visit will do that to you. If you're sane that is. As for some of the psychotics around here, well, I can't speak to their blind faith.

I liken it to something like a fundamentalist Christian or Muslim. in the eyes of zealots, their side can do no wrong, despite waht logic might say.

Are some of you people kidding me?  LMAO  It's even a laugh that some of you people have us winning in Chicago.

This might be the NFL, throw away the key to the woodshed, most durable, April lock of the year, ever.

This is a classic Bills game where they will go on the road, and get absolutely dominated by the Bears defense.  We'll lose field position early in the game, and slowly get beat into the ground.  Could even be a game where Rex Grossman would post stats like 8-14, 132 yards, and we'll still get pummeled like 27-3.

654453[/snapback]

rofl at this because it's so true. There's always that token road game every year where the defense gives up 110 yards and 3 first downs and yet we find a way to lose 27-3.

Postgame on the Wall, Clements will probably get a bulk of the blame for the loss because he gave up that key 12 yard completion.

It's called "sports talk," pal.  You can bet your ass I call myself a Bills fan, and I'll gladly put my money where my mouth is with my near 20 years of seasons tix.  But being a fan of a team doesn't mean you can't criticize them.  The team was 5-11 last year, and has done nothing to improve as of now.

Someone else mentioned about how the Bills had fourth quarter leads, but couldn't hold on.  Yeah... that's what bad teams do, they don't close out games.  How do we expect a lesser team to suddenly learn how to do that?  Believe me, I hope JP or Nall is a revelation at QB, that the O-Line is suddenly AVERAGE, that the D-Line starts making plays in the crunch, and the special teams carries the team... again.  I just don't see it.

It ain't deeming them a failure, its making a prediction.  Again, that's called "sports talk."

654482[/snapback]

And before they were 5-11, weren't they 9-7 and on the verge of making the playoffs?

The part about fourth quarter leads, yes they blew them and lost but they did hang in til the 4th with them. Bad teams don't even do that. On paper they had a good team last year, and not much of a difference from the year before (ok they lost 3 key players - Bledsoe whom everyone said sucked and helus back anyways, Jonas Jennings, and Pat Williams) Could coachiong have something to do with them blowing 4th quarter leads, or blowing a 23-0 lead. There is a new experienced HC now with new plans. Why can no one be willing to atleast wait to see what they have before giving up on them.

Who says they have gotten worse, Everyone seemed to think Adams was no good without Williams next to him so he's gone, Moulds is gone after a season of complaining and causing problems behind the scenes. Williams is gone after 5 years of underachieving, Milloy is too slow according to some people and now he's gone. It seems like they are trying to build a team that is wiling to play like a team (and that can make a team without big star players look like a good team)

Marv went out and picked up a young QB with a big upside (according to previous coaches) to compete with JP (an Holcomb) for the starting job Something that should have been done last year. Atleast now we will know we have the best guy doing the job.

We have not even seen the draft yet, I can understand this talk after training camp and into the pre-season.

10 years without a playoff win and 6 without a playoff visit will do that to you. If you're sane that is. As for some of the psychotics around here, well, I can't speak to their blind faith.

I liken it to something like a fundamentalist Christian or Muslim. in the eyes of zealots, their side can do no wrong, despite waht logic might say.

654487[/snapback]

Its not blind faith, its called being optimistic and being patient. I am not happy that they have not been in the playoffs in 6 years, and haven't won in the playoffs in 10, but this is an entirly new coaching staff and a new year.

As I also said previously, if MM and TD were still aboard, I would be joining you on the crusade the bills will be horrible. But I chose to atleast see what this team has on the field before I deem them a failure cause they don't look like a SB caliber team on paper.

But I guess theres no point arguing with you, your probably sitting in your room right now typing away how horrible they are while looking at your Patriots SB posters in a Bruschi jersey trying to pose as a Bills fan

But I guess theres no point arguing with you, your probably sitting in your room right now typing away how horrible they are while looking at your Patriots SB posters in a Bruschi jersey trying to pose as a Bills fan

654531[/snapback]

"Wah, someone disagrees with me, he must be a Paytoilet fan!"

Nice leap of lahjik there, Einstein.

our D getting healthy and a breakout year for our O, particularly at QB, will get us a 10 win + season.

it certainly isn't likely, but if nall is the answer or if jp losman pulls a drew brees and suddenly get it, then we certainly have a shot.

if we grab some impact guys in the draft (vernon davis would be the best fit for this scenario) then we migth all of a sudden score points and win games

our secondary can still be solid, if tko comes back we have strong quality LBs, our D line won't be great but i could be a bit above average with a DT pick up, and our speacial teams are great and our coaching has improved a bunch.

if willis pumps out 16 quality games, lee evans continues to break out (he could well drop in 12+ TDs) roscoe, our new WR, royal, everette, reed all improve and conribute AND our QB looks decent we have all it takes to be decent on O.

although it isn't exactly a sure thing, we have a good chance of improvement.

our coaches and GM last year all sucked balls, and our OC got canned and replaced by a chump meathead.

if all that happens is our coaches know what the hell they are doing then we will be a better team, but a decent season will come down to QB play and i don't think JP is gonna get it done.

And before they were 5-11, weren't they 9-7 and on the verge of making the playoffs?

The part about fourth quarter leads, yes they blew them and lost but they did hang in til the 4th with them. Bad teams don't even do that. On paper they had a good team last year, and not much of a difference from the year before (ok they lost 3 key players - Bledsoe whom everyone said sucked and helus back anyways, Jonas Jennings, and Pat Williams) Could coachiong have something to do with them blowing 4th quarter leads, or blowing a 23-0 lead. There is a new experienced HC now with new plans. Why can no one be willing to atleast wait to see what they have before giving up on them.

Who says they have gotten worse, Everyone seemed to think Adams was no good without Williams next to him so he's gone, Moulds is gone after a season of complaining and causing problems behind the scenes. Williams is gone after 5 years of underachieving, Milloy is too slow according to some people and now he's gone. It seems like they are trying to build a team that is wiling to play like a team (and that can make a team without big star players look like a good team)

Marv went out and picked up a young QB with a big upside (according to previous coaches) to compete with JP (an Holcomb) for the starting job Something that should have been done last year. Atleast now we will know we have the best guy doing the job.

We have not even seen the draft yet, I can understand this talk after training camp and into the pre-season.

654517[/snapback]

They were 9-7 because they played a bunch of high school teams in the run they made. And then were manhandled by a good team's backups at home.

Big upside for Nall huh? Yet they felt compelled to take a QB in the first round?

Craig Nall, is that you? Come on man, just come out....we need a celeb on the board. Hell, you'll actually become a fan fave.

Is that you Craig?

"Wah, someone disagrees with me, he must be a Paytoilet fan!"

Nice leap of lahjik there, Einstein.

654537[/snapback]

Yeah, I forgot, you already said your a devoted Bills fan.............................

Who thinks they suck and and have no chance to win at all cause they have shown all you need to see during last season (with a different and bad coach) and they didn't sign any big name free agents. Doom and Gloom

Sorry I disagree with you oh great and might Football Guru. I will get in line and join you in spreading the doom and gloom

:(:angry:

Are you just disapointed cause you went out and bought custom Hutchinson, Bentley, and Owens Bills Jersey last year and now they won't let you return them??

They were 9-7 because they played a bunch of high school teams in the run they made.  And then were manhandled by a good team's backups at home.

Big upside for Nall huh?  Yet they felt compelled to take a QB in the first round?

Craig Nall, is that you?  Come on man, just come out....we need a celeb on the board.  Hell, you'll actually become a fan fave.

Is that you Craig?

654544[/snapback]

Actually talk to most Packers fans and they are about as stumped as everyone else as to why they took Rodgers cause they thought Nall was the guy to replace Favre. The reasoning seems to be that they picked Rodgers cause he dropped so far down on Draft day so they figured they couldn't pass him up. He was projected to go very high in that draft and just dropped cause not many teams had interest in a QB. Kind of like how TD brought in Willis, we didn't need him, but they took him cause they were shocked he could drop that far to them when he was supposed to go earlier.

He does have alot of upside and the team wanted him, but he decided he wanted to leave cause he wanted a chance to play somewhere and figured he wouldn't if Favre was still there.

Say what you will about the teams Buffalo played that year, but every year teams get to play a bunch of teams lower then them in the standings. The team also looked like a good team in those games, they just fell apart in the final game for some reason unknown to most in the sports world. The record of 9-7 may have been slightly in accurate of their true ability, but so was 5-11. They almost pulled out a couple of very convincing wins against some goo teams, and with a good coach, they probably would have

Yeah, I forgot, you already said your a devoted Bills fan.............................

Who thinks they suck and and have no chance to win at all cause they have shown all you need to see during last season (with a different and bad coach) and they didn't sign any big name free agents. Doom and Gloom

Sorry I disagree with you oh great and might Football Guru. I will get in line and join you in spreading the doom and gloom

:(  :angry:

Are you just disapointed cause you went out and bought custom Hutchinson, Bentley, and Owens Bills Jersey last year and now they won't let you return them??

654631[/snapback]

If you've read the board for more than, oh, say a week or so, you'd kknow that i've boycotted the Bills financially. I won't put money into Ralph's pockets, since he obviously isn't serious about hiring top-notch coaching and front office talent.

654472[/snapback]

They have had their chance for the last 5 years. Be honest with yourself and recognize they will be down for some time until they get people in that are capable. I'm not sure that will happen until after the team is sold and moved based on what has been reported lately.

If you've read the board for more than, oh, say a week or so, you'd kknow that i've boycotted the Bills financially. I won't put money into Ralph's pockets, since he obviously isn't serious about hiring top-notch coaching and front office talent.

654646[/snapback]

AGREED!!! Well said. I'm thinking of doing the same thing

coach of the year (CONSIDERATIONS)...Again thanks to a soft schedule.

Sept. 10  @ New England 1:00pm  - L

Sept. 17  @ Miami 1:00pm  - L

Sept. 24  NY Jets 1:00pm  - W

Oct. 1  Minnesota 1:00pm  - L

Oct. 8  @ Chicago 1:00pm  - L

Oct. 15  @ Detroit 1:00pm  - W

Oct. 22  New England 1:00pm  - L

Oct. 29  Bye 

Nov. 5  Green Bay 1:00pm  - W

Nov. 12  @ Indianapolis 1:00pm - L 

Nov. 19  @ Houston 1:00pm  - L

Nov. 26  Jacksonville 1:00pm  - L

Dec. 3  San Diego 1:00pm  - L

Dec. 10  @ NY Jets 1:00pm  - L

Dec. 17  Miami 1:00pm  - W

Dec. 24  Tennessee 1:00pm - W 

Dec. 31  @ Baltimore 1:00pm  - L

654314[/snapback]

As of today...

5-11.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:(

This is mine, and I'm sticking to it.

Sep 10 @New England 1:00pm -- L

Sep 17 @Miami 1:00pm -- L

Sep 24 N.Y. Jets 1:00pm -- W

Oct 1 Minnesota 1:00pm  -- L

Oct 8 @Chicago 1:00pm  -- W

Oct 15 @Detroit 1:00pm  -- W

Oct 22 New England 1:00pm  -- L

Week 8 BYE -- 3-4

Nov 5 Green Bay 1:00pm  -- W

Nov 12 @Indianapolis 1:00pm -- L

Nov 19 @Houston 1:00pm -- W

Nov 26 Jacksonville 1:00pm  -- L

Dec 3 San Diego 1:00pm -- W

Dec 10 @N.Y. Jets 1:00pm -- W

Dec 17 Miami 1:00pm -- W

Dec 24 Tennessee 1:00pm -- W

Dec 31 @Baltimore 1:00pm -- W

10-6

It could happen. The Bears and Chargers and are the only two teams I have the Bills beating that have been in the playoffs in the past two years.

654337[/snapback]