Ok a FOOTBALL thread. Can we beat NE?

ICE

(disclaimer, please keep this thread to football and discussing football)

I say yes and no. Do we have the D, yeah we do. But the way to beat NE on offense is to try and gut them. I would run all 3 of our backs right up the middle. They are weak there. Had indy stayed with that game plan they would have beaten NE.

I say do it in a 2 TE or 1 back 3 Wr set to keep them from loading the box. I also feel we must throw DEEP to back them out of there. Moulds may not be faster than Law but history shows he CAN out jump him. It also shows Moulds can beat his ass on the quick slant. Use it. Evans MUST be involved in this game.

On D. Get in their Grills. The have no great WR's. they like to throw that short crap, I say stay in their grills all day. Bring heat from different locals to keep Brady guessing. honestly, Dillon does not scare me. Sorry he just doesn't.

keys to the game...

1) pickup 5+ yards on first down. I don't care if it is a quick slant, get er done on 1st down. We MUST keep Bledsoe out of 3rd and long.

2) keep brady off of the field. We need to take deep strikes, but to really beat NE we need some long sustained drives.

3) play man coverage. Figure out who Vincent and Clements are to stay on all day. I run the nickel pretty much all day to keep them honest. Posey should be out with Spikes and Fletcher on the field.

4) do NOT let this come down to a field goal match up. Bottom line....we lose.

I think we can win. This is the same team we beat at home 31-0. This to me needs to be emphasised ALL WEEK! I'd be playing highlights and replays to the guys all week to ingrain it into their heads we CAN win.

That is all I can think of for now.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

(disclaimer, please keep this thread to football and discussing football)

I say yes and no. Do we have the D, yeah we do. But the way to beat NE on offense is to try and gut them. I would run all 3 of our backs right up the middle. They are weak there. Had indy stayed with that game plan they would have beaten NE.

I say do it in a 2 TE or 1 back 3 Wr set to keep them from loading the box.  I also feel we must throw DEEP to back them out of there. Moulds may not be faster than Law but history shows he CAN out jump him. It also shows Moulds can beat his ass on the quick slant. Use it.  Evans MUST be involved in this game.

On D. Get in their Grills. The have no great WR's. they like to throw that short crap, I say stay in their grills all day. Bring heat from different locals to keep Brady guessing.  honestly, Dillon does not scare me. Sorry he just doesn't.

keys to the game...

1) pickup 5+ yards on first down. I don't care if it is a quick slant, get er done on 1st down.  We MUST keep Bledsoe out of 3rd and long.

2) keep brady off of the field.  We need to take deep strikes, but to really beat NE we need some long sustained drives.

3) play man coverage. Figure out who Vincent and Clements are to stay on all day. I run the nickel pretty much all day to keep them honest. Posey should be out with Spikes and Fletcher on the field.

4) do NOT let this come down to a field goal match up. Bottom line....we lose.

I think we can win. This is the same team we beat at home 31-0. This to me needs to be emphasised ALL WEEK!  I'd be playing highlights and replays to the guys all week to ingrain it into their heads we CAN win.

That is all I can think of for now.

48114[/snapback]

1. Control the ball. As you say, through the pass & run. Mix it up.

2. NO turnovers

3. Get turnovers

4. Hit Brady early and often. I don't give a stevestojan if he completes a pass. Hit him, within the rules of course. Can he take a pounding? I don't know...

5. Protect Drew early and often. Keep the Pats off his butt. Keep the FB on the bench. He can't block anyway. Try one of the tight ends in an H-back role and keep them in the backfield to block.

6. Get the lead and hold it. We will not come back from 6+ points down in this game.

7. WM in short yardage. WM used more throughout the game. Screw player psyches, we must win this game.

8. Throw early to Evans on a long route.

1. Control the ball.  As you say, through the pass & run.  Mix it up.

2. NO turnovers

3. Get turnovers

4. Hit Brady early and often.  I don't give a stevestojan if he completes a pass.  Hit him, within the rules of course.  Can he take a pounding?  I don't know...

5. Protect Drew early and often.  Keep the Pats off his butt.  Keep the FB on the bench.  He can't block anyway.  Try one of the tight ends in an H-back role and keep them in the backfield to block.

6. Get the lead and hold it.  We will not come back from 6+ points down in this game.

7. WM in short yardage.  WM used more throughout the game.  Screw player psyches, we must win this game.

48142[/snapback]

I agree 100%. Good one! Enough of henry inside the 5. Let WM do what Kenneth Davis did for us. TT came out inside the 5 most of the time.

1. Control the ball.  As you say, through the pass & run.  Mix it up.

2. NO turnovers

3. Get turnovers

4. Hit Brady early and often.  I don't give a stevestojan if he completes a pass.  Hit him, within the rules of course.  Can he take a pounding?  I don't know...

5. Protect Drew early and often.  Keep the Pats off his butt.  Keep the FB on the bench.  He can't block anyway.  Try one of the tight ends in an H-back role and keep them in the backfield to block.

6. Get the lead and hold it.  We will not come back from 6+ points down in this game.

7. WM in short yardage.  WM used more throughout the game.  Screw player psyches, we must win this game.

48142[/snapback]

One more thing, don't play their receivers 10 yards off the line of scrimmage! They'll kill us with those quick passes just across the LOS and gain 5 yards a pop.

Unfortunately that would mean playing a near perfect game and the Bills are far from perfect right now.

Buffalo 13

New England 24

I say yes and no.

This is sounding a lot like John Kerry.

Can we beat NE? Yes... but not only would we have to play a perfect game, NE would have to be real sloppy and bringing their "C" game.

Will we beat NE? No. This team doesn't have the "mental toughness" to do the things necessary to win games...especially on offense. The offensive leadership, which primarily comes from Bledsoe, does not exude confidence or toughness, nor does inspire those attributes. He also doesn't have what it takes to win games. I'd just for once like to see Bledsoe get "nasty"... get his guys "fired up". If Bledsoe can't do it, then someone else has to step up as a leader... like TO did, or Emmit Smith... and the old Buffalo Bills, when Kelly and Thurman would step up. It comes down to pride. I don't see the pride in playing and winning that we had in the old Bills. Henry is as close as a leader as I see and he only leads by physically being tough and playing hurt. I don't see Moulds as a leader... he's more inot making excuses and avoiding controversy. I don't even see a "gritty" offensive lineman like Hull or Ritcher. Sad to see how this once proud organization can drop to the depths we have.... Aside from maybe JP Losman, it's as if we have a bunch of spineless, kitty, chicken ***** for players on the offensive side of the ball... does anyone see any "grit" or "nasty" on offense? please let me know. Until we get someone with a nasty streak, the Bills ain't going to go anywhere. Damn, I'd have liked to see the Bills draft Jake Grove... even though it would have taken him a couple of years to pay off... but JP, I believe is definitely a step in the right direction... you can just see this guy has "it". And I think they need to plug this guy in as soon as he's healthy... no spoon feeding. He's too good for that crap.

Care to predict a final score?

:P  :D

48134[/snapback]

More or less.

My answer to the question,"Can Buffalo beat NE?" Of course. They have the personnel. Buffalo has solid running backs, good receivers, a QB with a great arm. NE is less of a threat on defense than they were, particularly in the middle of the line. Travis Henry should finally be able to run up the middle. Colvin is active this year and he's tough to account for, but Buffalo should be able to move the ball and score. When Buffalo is on defense they have showl they have ability to shut down top flight running backs (Fred Taylor). They have an excellent secondary.

Will Buffalo beat NE? At this point I have to say "No." They have to prove they can eliminate mistakes and avoid lapses. If there is one thing that characterizes a Bill Belichick team it is the fact that they out execute their opponents. They don't make mistakes. Buffalo's personell is probably as good as that of the Patriots, but they make mistakes and until they prove they can play a whole game without critical errors and lapses, I can't pick them to win against a team like NE.

NE 17 - Buffalo 13.

This is sounding a lot like John Kerry.

Can we beat NE? Yes... but not only would we have to play a perfect game, NE would have to be real sloppy and bringing their "C" game.

Will we beat NE? No.  This team doesn't have the "mental toughness" to do the things necessary to win games...especially on offense.  The offensive leadership, which primarily comes from Bledsoe, does not exude confidence or toughness, nor does inspire those attributes.  He also doesn't have what it takes to win games.  I'd just for once like to see Bledsoe get "nasty"... get his guys "fired up".  If Bledsoe can't do it, then someone else has to step up as a leader... like TO did, or Emmit Smith... and the old Buffalo Bills, when Kelly and Thurman would step up.  It comes down to pride.  I don't see the pride in playing and winning that we had in the old Bills.  Henry is as close as a leader as I see and he only leads by physically being tough and playing hurt.  I don't see Moulds as a leader... he's more inot making excuses and avoiding controversy.  I don't even see a "gritty" offensive lineman like Hull or Ritcher.  Sad to see how this once proud organization can drop to the depths we have.... Aside from maybe JP Losman, it's as if we have a bunch of spineless, kitty, chicken ***** for players on the offensive side of the ball... does anyone see any "grit" or "nasty" on offense?  please let me know. Until we get someone with a nasty streak, the Bills ain't going to go anywhere.  Damn, I'd have liked to see the Bills draft Jake Grove... even though it would have taken him a couple of years to pay off... but JP, I believe is definitely a step in the right direction... you can just see this guy has "it".  And  I think they need to plug this guy in as soon as he's healthy... no spoon feeding.  He's too good for that crap.

48188[/snapback]

Oh, good. I was afraid you were going to say something about us not being able to win because of Bledsoe. :D

Ice, we need our defense to give us seven in this game. At the very least, we'll need two good turnovers.

I'm surprised.  Given your "yes and no" answer, I figured your final score would be something along the lines of pi to e...  :D

48152[/snapback]

Or just say that his final score prediction is 17-13....

As I have said before, the Bills can win. It will take mistake-free ball though, as the Patriots specialize in capitalizing on turnovers. That's how they win, not by completely dominating (it's not like they are beating everyone 51-3), but by capitalizing on the other team's mistakes and making few of their own...

My former title forbids me from making predictions, taking bets, etc, but I feel it's a "good opportunity" for the Bills to rebound.

Lets look at least year when the BILLS were 2-0 and in their thirs game at home they hosted the EAGLES 0-2. We were so confident that we had that win and we were going to beat them. I KNOW I WAS...dam we had home field. The Eagles came in our house and dominated and got their first win.

So in short words..... Hold off on the penalties and our special teams will setup the offense in perfect postition to score this weekend. Our D will rule strong again..

BILLS WIN their 1ST game...........UPSET THE PATS