ICE

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest_MacDaddy_*

20-6 the Patsies will win.

1. We have way too long a road toward becoming a complete team.

2. Bill Belecheck

Maybe next year.

You know that Belichick is going to blitz Drew and disguise the blitz through several different defensive schemes.

The O-line will have to keep Drew upright for an extra two seconds. The D will have to make some big plays. Don't forget they had 4 INT's against Brady in last year's opener.

My guess is the Bills play very well...you know, on Any Given Sunday...but not quite well enough to win.

For the third consecutive game, the Bills lose, 13-10.

Mike

You know that Belichick is going to blitz Drew and disguise the blitz through several different defensive schemes.

The O-line will have to keep Drew upright for an extra two seconds.  The D will have to make some big plays.  Don't forget they had 4 INT's against Brady in last year's opener.

My guess is the Bills play very well...you know, on Any Given Sunday...but not quite well enough to win.

Mike

48602[/snapback]

I think that's too low. Nothing to go by but a gut feeling. Pats are going to put up 20-24 points. Can the Bills do better? Man, you're talking a long two seconds.

The O-line will have to keep Drew upright for an extra two seconds.  The D will have to make some big plays.  Don't forget they had 4 INT's against Brady in last year's opener.

Mike

48602[/snapback]

To me the answer to the blitz schemes is a very simple one.....maybe TOO simple....

Just run your damn offense.....

- Dont be so concerned about who is blitzing from where.....if they want to run their "mill around till the snap" defense? THen fricken go no huddle on them and catch them out of alignment and run some quick hitting plays......

- If you are going to send somebody deep....KEEP A TE in to Block....asking TH to block a DE is a recepi for disaster

- For GOD SAKE....if you are going to pass...SPREAD THE BALL AROUND

- Our OL need to get enough push to grind out 1st downs....and we need to keep the ball on the ground I would like to see big long runs but the fact is we need to keep churning it out regardless of what their running defense looks like......and then every so often take a shot downfield.......

(disclaimer, please keep this thread to football and discussing football)

I say yes and no. Do we have the D, yeah we do. But the way to beat NE on offense is to try and gut them. I would run all 3 of our backs right up the middle. They are weak there. Had indy stayed with that game plan they would have beaten NE.

I say do it in a 2 TE or 1 back 3 Wr set to keep them from loading the box.  I also feel we must throw DEEP to back them out of there. Moulds may not be faster than Law but history shows he CAN out jump him. It also shows Moulds can beat his ass on the quick slant. Use it.  Evans MUST be involved in this game.

On D. Get in their Grills. The have no great WR's. they like to throw that short crap, I say stay in their grills all day. Bring heat from different locals to keep Brady guessing.  honestly, Dillon does not scare me. Sorry he just doesn't.

keys to the game...

1) pickup 5+ yards on first down. I don't care if it is a quick slant, get er done on 1st down.  We MUST keep Bledsoe out of 3rd and long.

2) keep brady off of the field.  We need to take deep strikes, but to really beat NE we need some long sustained drives.

3) play man coverage. Figure out who Vincent and Clements are to stay on all day. I run the nickel pretty much all day to keep them honest. Posey should be out with Spikes and Fletcher on the field.

4) do NOT let this come down to a field goal match up. Bottom line....we lose.

I think we can win. This is the same team we beat at home 31-0. This to me needs to be emphasised ALL WEEK!  I'd be playing highlights and replays to the guys all week to ingrain it into their heads we CAN win.

That is all I can think of for now.

48114[/snapback]

Minus big ted to plug up the middle. Cory Dillon can be stopped. No way in the world is he a great RB. The bills stopped that pot headed RB, they can stop dillon.

This game is PIVOTAL to the season. Were we all kidding ourselves (yes that includes you too Tom) or can we make something of this year?

The fans but more importantly the players don't have a lot of faith left. If we get pushed down into the mud again it's going to be a really long year the rest of the way. If we win we all believe again, and it can be a springboard for better things to come this year.

That said, I have to say Pats 20, Bills 17.

I'm off of work on Monday & if they win I will get drunk. Come to think of it I may get drunk either way.

keys to the game...

1) pickup 5+ yards on first down. I don't care if it is a quick slant, get er done on 1st down.  We MUST keep Bledsoe out of 3rd and long.

2) keep brady off of the field.  We need to take deep strikes, but to really beat NE we need some long sustained drives.

3) play man coverage. Figure out who Vincent and Clements are to stay on all day. I run the nickel pretty much all day to keep them honest. Posey should be out with Spikes and Fletcher on the field.

4) do NOT let this come down to a field goal match up. Bottom line....we lose.

48114[/snapback]

5) deactivate Coy Wire :wub:

I will keep picking them till they win:

Bills 12

Pats 9

in a festival of field goals ;)