Bills Sign 4 " Street " Free Agents....

Aaron Gibson - OL

James Bethea - DB

Matt Morgan - OL

Kiwaukee Thomas - DB

take it for what its worth haha

653418[/snapback]

I've actually heard of a few of them! :rolleyes:

Gibson was a lineman for GB maybe? and i know thomas from madden a few years back. I'd do a fantasy draft, think i was selecting kevin thomas, and instead ended upwith this jackass.

oh great! does this mean we will now have a Ke. Thomas and a Ki. Thomas on the backs of their jerseys?

Gibsons last stay was in Chicago..if im not mistaken we were lookin at this guy a few years back during Greg Williams Tenure here..curious to see his stats...he goes 6'6 370 ( per yahoo sports ) Kiwaukee Thomas been in the league about 6 years, last team the dolphins...the other two I don't have a clue..Im assuming these are training camp depth guys..

Gibsons last stay was in Chicago..if im not mistaken we were lookin at this guy a few years back during Greg Williams Tenure here..curious to see his stats...he goes 6'6 370 ( per yahoo sports ) Kiwaukee Thomas been in the league about 6 years, last team the dolphins...the other two I don't have a clue..Im assuming these are training camp depth guys..

653424[/snapback]

I think Gibson was a 1st round pick of the Lions....from Wisconsin, maybe.

Hey, Kiwaukee Thomas is actually decent! At the very least a solid nickel or dime back for us. I'm actually kinda impressed with this signing, very under the radar.

The rest of them...eh...it'll be interesting to see if Gibson can reclaim his career, the other two are scrubs.

Kinda confused though...Tutan Reyes is STILL a UFA, a Guard who started on the Panthers O-Line the last two years (one of the best in the NFL).

If we're bringing in Fattie Gibson, why not use that money we freed up towards a guy like Reyes who can actually compete for the LG spot?

Gibson did exactly that, ate himself out of the league. He got well above 400 pounds at one point. Damn good, real mean streak, good positioning, great run blocker, plays both guard and tackle, and can play both well, if he is under 375. This could be a great pickup depending on his weight and dedication to stay there. He really needs to be around 360 to be effective, but he can move that big body if he is there. He's an old Wisconsin grad and I believe he was part of some pretty damn good teams in college.

Here's one of the better writeups on Gibson out of college that I could quickly find:

Not only is Gibson (6-6, 374 at last weigh-in) the biggest of the best offensive linemen many scouts have seen, but he is regarded by some as the strongest and most dominant run blocker ever to enter the league.

"Thank God he isn't a trained killer," one scout said. "He just swipes them around like a damn grizzly bear."

Although some scouts argue that Tony Mandarich was nastier and more explosive when he came out a decade ago, his suspected abuse of steroids almost disqualifies him. The Green Bay Packers discovered to their horror that Mandarich couldn't pass block but as long as Gibson isn't used at left tackle, most teams feel he will be fine in protection.

"He has a few problems there but some of the guys he's blocking are little quick guys," said Jerry Reichow, the Minnesota Vikings' assistant general manager. "But when he gets a chance to block down on them then see how quick they are."

Gibson has been out of football for an entire year though, God knows what his conditioning will be when he gets back considering he was already REALLY sluggish when he left.

I'm not hating on the move, it definitely is worth a shot...but I wouldnt pin my hopes on us finding the solution to our Guard problems just yet.

Gibson is more of a RT guy. He's probably a little too tall and well big to play inside, IMHO. This guy had quick feet so him playing either tackle spot if he has lost weight isn't beyond the realm of possibility. Let's wait and see where he is at conditioning wise.

Here is another writeup:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/...ayers/3801.html