Buffalo @ Houston

Which "Franchise" player wins the match?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Which "Franchise" player wins the match?

• Eric Moulds
    • Nate Clements

I love this. A guy is loved when he is in Buffalo and the fans B word about how under rated he is. Then we trade him away and the guy becomes nothing.

Eric Moulds is the second best receiver the Bills have ever had. PERIOD. The fact that you guys think that Nate Clements is going to shut down Eric Mould is just ridiculous.

Mould has practiced with Nate, knows what his tendency's are, so on and so forth. (For those of you who are going to turn that around on me let me just say that Nate Clements, doesn't look like he studies anything).

If Nate can't shut down Keenan McCardell how in the hell is he going to stop Eric Moulds. I think he will find out what all the hootin' and hollerin' is about once again, and so will the people who think Nate is going to win, as well as the people who hated Eric Moulds.

I love this. A guy is loved when he is in Buffalo and the fans B word about how under rated he is. Then we trade him away and the guy becomes nothing.

Eric Moulds is the second best receiver the Bills have ever had. PERIOD. The fact that you guys think that Nate Clements is going to shut down Eric Mould is just ridiculous.

Mould has practiced with Nate, knows what his tendency's are, so on and so forth. (For those of you who are going to turn that around on me let me just say that Nate Clements, doesn't look like he studies anything).

If Nate can't shut down Keenan McCardell how in the hell is he going to stop Eric Moulds. I think he will find out what all the hootin' and hollerin' is about once again, and so will the people who think Nate is going to win, as well as the people who hated Eric Moulds.

653260[/snapback]

I'm not trying to trash moulds. he was one of the greatest bills WR's and i am sad to see him go.

that being said, look at the numbers he was put up. the production wasnt there. sure moulds caught 80 passes, but at only 10.1 yards per catch. thats not top prodution IMO.

Looking at NFL.com, 172 different WR's (not including TE's) that caught passes last season. Guess what? There were 147 out of the remaining 171 WR's that had a higher YPC than moulds.

But moulds is going somewhere where he'll fit in perfectly. There were exactly 3 WR's last year that caught 50 passes but averaged less than 11 YPC. Guess who they were...

1. Eric Moulds (Buf)

2. Andre Johnson (Hou)

3. Jabbar Gaffney (Hou)

I'm not trying to trash moulds. he was one of the greatest bills WR's and i am sad to see him go.

that being said, look at the numbers he was put up. the production wasnt there. sure moulds caught 80 passes, but at only 10.1 yards per catch. thats not top prodution IMO.

Looking at NFL.com, 172 different WR's (not including TE's) that caught passes last season. Guess what? There were 147 out of the remaining 171 WR's that had a higher YPC than moulds.

But moulds is going somewhere where he'll fit in perfectly. There were exactly 3 WR's last year that caught 50 passes but averaged less than 11 YPC. Guess who they were...

1. Eric Moulds (Buf)

2. Andre Johnson (Hou)

3. Jabbar Gaffney (Hou)

653322[/snapback]

I could live with that analysis. I just find it humerous how at the beginning of last year everybody was talking about how Moulds was under rated and now they act as though he's nothing.

I guess its just the nature of the beast. HAHA

653260[/snapback]

That practice can work both ways - NC knows how EM plays too so it will come down to whoever is the better player (duh !). My personal thought is that if we get a good DT next to Triplett, our LBs will bring enough pressure that Carr won't have time to throw well. The EM-NC match up may well become a non-contest.

That practice can work both ways - NC knows how EM plays too so it will come down to whoever is the better player (duh !). My personal thought is that if we get a good DT next to Triplett, our LBs will bring enough pressure that Carr won't have time to throw well. The EM-NC match up may well become a non-contest.

653348[/snapback]

And since the Texans seem to be doing such an excellent job fixing the holes they had last year :rolleyes: (worst o-line in the league) Our players will be all over Carr as he digs himself out of the dirt

The question isn't how well will our secondary do, but how well our pass rush is.

653381[/snapback]

You know, when it is not a matter dealing with how good Vince Young is, i generally agree with you, particualarly on this matter.

Let me debunk a little myth for you since you probably don't see or hear the Bills speak. Nate Clements is a bumbling idiot who could not pick up the patterns of the American flag.

LOL... would be quite demoralizing for moulds, and quite the uplift for us Bills fans.  How About Moulds catching a screen, or quick slant only to be drilled by Fletcher or Spikes for a fumble.

653074[/snapback]

Just like the NO game he'd just short arm it and avoid the hit.

653260[/snapback]

Only loved the guy early in his career, and once i learned of his questionable character I became less of a fan. Then this season came along, and I couldn't wait for him to be dealt. From what i saw he was simply unhappy that JP didn't lock onto him, ala Bledsoe, and he packed the season in. He didn't fight to prevent the INT against NO, he short armed passes, and oh yeah he pulled himself out of a game against MIA. No matter how bad a season is going a real Buffalo Bill would not pull himself out of a game against their biggest rival, because when a season goes poorly the two games against the phish should approached as playoff games, and obviously EM didn't give a sh--. Good luck being the no doubt number 2 for a team that the Bills dominated last season jerk off.

The Terrence Mcgee Patrol is out in full force. I'm sorry but Eric Moulds on a good team is easily a 1200 yard wr and still a #1. He'd take Terrence Mcgee to school. I like Mcgee but he's not a great cb. He's a good #2 and thats fine we still have our #1 corner. I still find it hard to rag on Clements, yeah he had a bad year but I dont think it was "as bad" as some of you make it out to be. I could just imagine what you guys would think of champ bailey on this team considering denvers pass defense was worse then ours. I also seem to remember Eric Moulds eating denvers secondary for dinner. He's still got game. Hopefully Evans can do half of what Moulds has done here.

I guess Moulds sucks since he had all those OUTSTANDING Pro Bowl quarterbacks throughout his years in Buffalo and not backups and 3rd stringers.

Not trying to suck up too much, but the Bills haven't had a quarterback in 10 years. Oh yeah, we did have Flutie, but you all hated him because he made short people look smart.

Nate Clements with Jerry Grey (lined up 10 yards off Moulds)? Moulds

Nate Clements with new scheme? To be seen.

I no longer expect to be watching T.V. wondering where our CB's are as the offense lines up. I think that style of offense killed Nate. I think he has a better year with Jauron setting the defense. Which is why we need to lock him up early.

I think McGee will give Moulds a hell of time. It could really go either way.

Nate Clements with Jerry Grey (lined up 10 yards off Moulds)?  Moulds

Nate Clements with new scheme?  To be seen.

I no longer expect to be watching T.V. wondering where our CB's are as the offense lines up.  I think that style of offense killed Nate.  I think he has a better year with Jauron setting the defense.  Which is why we need to lock him up early.

I think McGee will give Moulds a hell of time.  It could really go either way.

653786[/snapback]

I agree wholeheartedly with this statement......Jerry Gray was a waste of space as coordinator....last season was the only time he stood on his own two feet as he had GW (crappy head coach, great Defensive coordinator) and then he had Dick Lebeau with him after that. Gray constantly had his guys out of position and essentially having to play multiple roles on one snap back there which led to both hesitation and being out of position. Different ballgame this year, I think Moulds puts up a 4 catches for 46 yards kind of day against us.

He probably will not put up bigger numbers then what he put up this year, cause the QB won't be able to get him the ball lying on his back all the time. David Carr spends the majority of a game on his back cause he has no o-line infront of him, and the Texans don't seem to realize that it might be a problem. You'd think Houston had TD#2 as GM, get the names that puts butts in the seats and $$$$ in the pockets, then worry about the teams real needs

You'd think Bills fans would be able to see this