Let's go Devils!!

IBTG81

Boy the Devils. Have you watched that team all year? That is one very boring team to watch. If you have watched them all season you deserve some kind of endurance award. I'm not saying Buffalo deserved to win any of those games, but that is one sleep inducing brand of hockey.

Boy the Devils. Have you watched that team all year? That is one very boring team to watch. If you have watched them all season you deserve some kind of endurance award. I'm not saying Buffalo deserved to win any of those games, but that is one sleep inducing brand of hockey.

648121[/snapback]

Yup, it lulled the Sabres to give up three goals (almost 4), and only score one themselves! :doh:

If you have watched them all season you deserve some kind of endurance award.

648121[/snapback]

And if you did watch them all season, you'd be the only one who did. I went to the game last night....they claimed 12,000 some people in attendance, but I can assure you that wasn't even close to true (unless there are 30,000 seats in that building). I estimated 7,000 people there. Why don't the devils have fans? There are probably 20x the number of people who can get to a Devils game than who can get to a Sabres game, yet I've never seen HSBC even close to that empty.

And if you did watch them all season, you'd be the only one who did.  I went to the game last night....they claimed 12,000 some people in attendance, but I can assure you that wasn't even close to true (unless there are 30,000 seats in that building).  I estimated 7,000 people there.  Why don't the devils have fans?  There are probably 20x the number of people who can get to a Devils game than who can get to a Sabres game, yet I've never seen HSBC even close to that empty.

648259[/snapback]

Wrong side of the river = Short end of the media coverage

Can you imagine if those Devils teams of the last 10 years had been wearing blue and playing in the Garden?

That, plus it's a boring ass style played in a dingy arena in the middle of a swamp.

And if you did watch them all season, you'd be the only one who did.  I went to the game last night....they claimed 12,000 some people in attendance, but I can assure you that wasn't even close to true (unless there are 30,000 seats in that building).  I estimated 7,000 people there.  Why don't the devils have fans?  There are probably 20x the number of people who can get to a Devils game than who can get to a Sabres game, yet I've never seen HSBC even close to that empty.

648259[/snapback]

I was at the Devils game against the Leafs on Sun night. I'd say there were about 15,000 or so there.

I swear if I had to watch 80 Devils games a year I would have prayed for the lockout to still be going strong

648548[/snapback]

Easy to make fun of a team that destroyed your ass this season... :doh:

It's nice to see Ed put on his Baron cap.

648757[/snapback]

Haha, I was awaiting a verbal ass-whipping from you today! :doh:

In all seriousness, I think the Devs/Sabres are very similar. We beat up on the weaker teams, and struggle against the bigger, more physical teams.

Haha, I was awaiting a verbal ass-whipping from you today!  :doh:

In all seriousness, I think the Devs/Sabres are very similar. We beat up on the weaker teams, and struggle against the bigger, more physical teams.

648759[/snapback]

Except we don't struggle against bigger teams. We struggle against skill teams like Ottawa, Carolina, and Florida.

We generally skate circles around Philly and Boston.

The Devils problem is the huge dropoff after Gionta/Gomez/Elias. Their second line is terrific at keeping the other guys from scoring but they aren't a threat themselves. The dropoff from there is even more significant.

The Devils are going to be in alot of trouble in the playoffs because there is no way Rafalski and Martin are going to be able to skate 40+ percent of the shifts as they do now. They'll be dead.

Last night the Devils were more lucky than good. We pretty much dominated the game territorially and scoring chance wise but couldn't finish. That was without our best two way player (Hecht), our hottest player (Briere), and our best overall defenseman (Teppo). Picture the Devils without Elias, Rafalski, and Madden. Not something I'd be trumpeting too much about.

BTW without the shootout the Devils would be 12th in the Eastern Conference. Nine extra shootout points is the difference between them being in and being out. Amazing.

The Devils problem is the huge dropoff after Gionta/Gomez/Elias.  Their second line is terrific at keeping the other guys from scoring but they aren't a threat themselves.  The dropoff from there is even more significant.

The Devils are going to be in alot of trouble in the playoffs because there is no way Rafalski and Martin are going to be able to skate 40+ percent of the shifts as they do now.  They'll be dead.

648812[/snapback]

I agree on this 100%. The only was the Devils are going to go really far is if Brodeur plays his A+++++ game every night.

And if we play you you're eliminated!  :D  :P  :lol:

648103[/snapback]

Well, in Davey's perfect world, we don't have to play you. In my perfect world, you guys end up 8th and TB ends up 6th, w/ NYR in 3rd. (I've basically conceded 1st to the Otters.)

You guys play the TO role and beat the Otters in the 1st round (you played the role a few years back and can do it again), TB beats NY and Carolina beats Moe-ray-all or Atlanta (most likely the Habs).

2nd round, Carolina wins a hard fought series, and Grahame/Burke goes back to playing like Grahame/Burke.

3rd round, if we are healthy, I like our chances.

Any way we can get LA into the SCF's?

How about them Sabres??!  :D  :P  :lol:  :lol:

We won the season series 3-1.

I believe most of you (other than Clements) were saying how much the Devils suck!

647945[/snapback]

I 2nd this. LETS GO DEVILS!!

As for Clements22 he doesn't know good hockey. I think he's mad because he used to work for the Devils. Tough thing for a Sabres guy. You know. Working for a talented team who win Stanley Cups.

I 2nd this.  LETS GO DEVILS!!

As for Clements22 he doesn't know good hockey.  I think he's mad because he used to work for the Devils.  Tough thing for a Sabres guy.  You know.  Working for a talented team who win Stanley Cups.

649775[/snapback]

How exactly am I mad? I said the Devils are better, how is that mad? :lol:

How about them Sabres??! :lol::doh::):D

We won the season series 3-1.

This reminds me of saturday when I went to my local watering hole. All kinds of Gator jerseys, (I could have been a gator but my parents were married), oddly t all the jerseys and shirts looked brand new.

Now, all of a sudden, an outspoken Devils fan.