Marv Sux?

Dibs

Bottom line is that you can keep track of the people being negative and then rub it in our faces when the Bills have success.

On the other hand, if the Bills suck as expected, I will continue to be negative. You see, I'm just a little ol' fan who can't do much of anything to affect anything that's going on with the Bills. I see an incompetent regime that will fail and the only thing I can think to do is to express my displeasure repeatedly. If a regime sucks and you don't express your displeasure of them, they will stay in place for a long time. In that way, I'm just playing my part.

The risk is that if the regime actually has success (hahahaha), the "positive" people can rub it in my face and call me a bandwagoner and perhaps ruin my enjoyment of the success.

I accept that risk. Levy is an inexperienced GM. Jauron is incompetent. Let's get them the hell out of town as quickly as possible.

Bottom line is that you can keep track of the people being negative and then rub it in our faces when the Bills have success.

On the other hand, if the Bills suck as expected, I will continue to be negative.  You see, I'm just a little ol' fan who can't do much of anything to affect anything that's going on with the Bills.  I see an incompetent regime that will fail and the only thing I can think to do is to express my displeasure repeatedly.  If a regime sucks and you don't express your displeasure of them, they will stay in place for a long time.  In that way, I'm just playing my part.

The risk is that if the regime actually has success (hahahaha), the "positive" people can rub it in my face and call me a bandwagoner and perhaps ruin my enjoyment of the success.

I accept that risk.  Levy is an inexperienced GM.  Jauron is incompetent.  Let's get them the hell out of town as quickly as possible.

648195[/snapback]

This is (sort of) an example of what I meant, though it expands past just Marv & into the entire organization.

IMHO it doesn't come down to "positive" & "negative" opinion, it comes down to "rational" & "irrational"....or "dogmatic" & "pragmatic". A dogmatic, irrational opinion is offensive regardless of weather it is positive or negative.

This reminds me of past conversations with friends where 4 of us who followed different teams would enjoy an intelligent discussion of Football possibilities & opinions & the 5th friend(Cowboys fan) would constantly chip in with things like "The Bills SUCK"....makes you want to punch someone in the face.

Re: peoples thoughts on Marv, I can now see clearly the reasons for skepticism & pessimism but nothing substantial that should convince anyone he will stuff up(& I'm not saying he won't).

Now look what I've done...I've gone all super serious & that is just no fun at all.

Rockpile... :D

This reminds me of past conversations with friends where 4 of us who followed different teams would enjoy an intelligent discussion of Football possibilities & opinions & the 5th friend(Cowboys fan) would constantly chip in with things like "The Bills SUCK"....makes you want to punch someone in the face. 

649045[/snapback]

Most Cowboys fans are like that. :D

Uh, what about Tripplett, Royal and Davis?

Tripplett is an upgrade over Adams - Royal is a definite upgrade over Campbell (esp as a blocker & there is potential in Everett), they franchised Clements, Andre Davis may be the other burner they need to stretch the defense.

Please explain what Marv should/could have done differently?  Free agency isn't like grocery shopping (or Madden), it's a competetive market place of zero sum games, and most often it is out of your control. 

Your just sour grapes until you can rationally explain what you would have done differently up till now.

648120[/snapback]

Tripplett an upgrade? Really? Based on what? His benching by the Colts last season. Royal may be a better blocker then Campbell but he has no hands. He's like Rueben Gant.

Andre Davis? The guy hasn't been able to stay on the field enough to match Josh Reed's numbers.

What would I have done that would put to shame all the moves Marv did. I would have gone out and gotten 1, not all, 1 free agent that would help this team.

I am so tired of all the Levy apoligists who say "Free agency isn't like grocery shopping (or Madden)". "zero sum gain"? No team gets better? Just because the Bills aren't any better doesn't mean other teams don't.

The Dolphins in one years time have left the Bills in their dust. They needed a QB they went and got one. They addressed their needs. Laugh at the Cardinals all you want but James makes them a much better offense then what the Bills have.

And let's not forget that Marv's first choice for coach quit after one week of working with Marv. MM is a smart man and he can read the writing on the wall. So can Moulds. And soon Spikes and others.

So get excited about the Trippletts, Royals, Daviss and the Nalls. because that's all your going to see in Buffalo for a long time unless Ralph gets a moment of clarity or sells the team.

This is the worst off season in Bills history since they decided to go with Bruce Mathison at QB.

This is the worst off season in Bills history since they decided to go with Bruce Mathison at QB.

649053[/snapback]

Worst off-season in Bills history???????

Why you young whipper snapper.

How about in 1967when the Bills traded Lamonica and Miller for Flores and Powell and decided Johnny Pitts was worthy of a # 1 pick?

How about in 1969 when we had decided on Baltimore assistant coach, Chuck Noll as our head coach until John Rauch got mad at Al Davis and quit and we snapped him up so he could make O.J a decoy?

How about when they let Chuck Knox escape and replace him with who? I think the memorable Kay Stephenson.

How about 1985 when they decided to keep Kay Stephenson as coach?

How about 1976 when we kept Gary Marangi who ended up with a 30.7 QB rating in 232 attempts and our kickers were John Leypoldt, Ricky Ricardo and Stzyklzk Jakowenko?

How about 1982 when the Bills traded up 2 spots to pick Perry Tuttle followed by Matt Kofler, Eugene Marve and Van Williams?

I still have hopes for this team. Give me a break.

By the way, the same offseason that the Bills went with Bruce Mathison (because Jim Kelly was in the USFL, but the Bills had the rights), the Bills signed Bruce Smith, drafted Andre Reed and Dick Jauron joined the coaching staff as a defensive assistant. If all off-seasons were that awful.

By the way, the same offseason that the Bills went with Bruce Mathison (because Jim Kelly was in the USFL, but the Bills had the rights), the Bills signed Bruce Smith, drafted Andre Reed and Dick Jauron joined the coaching staff as a defensive assistant.  If all off-seasons were that awful.

649072[/snapback]

Great. Maybe in five years this will be a great off season? I'm sure the fans in L.A. will have a great time. :D

649053[/snapback]

Worst off-season in Bills history???????

Why you young whipper snapper.

How about in 1967when the Bills traded Lamonica and Miller for Flores and Powell and decided Johnny Pitts was worthy of a # 1 pick?

How about in 1969 when we had decided on Baltimore assistant coach, Chuck Noll as our head coach until John Rauch got mad at Al Davis and quit and we snapped him up so he could make O.J a decoy?

How about when they let Chuck Knox escape and replace him with who? I think the memorable Kay Stephenson.

How about 1985 when they decided to keep Kay Stephenson as coach?

How about 1976 when we kept Gary Marangi who ended up with a 30.7 QB rating in 232 attempts and our kickers were John Leypoldt, Ricky Ricardo and Stzyklzk Jakowenko?

How about 1982 when the Bills traded up 2 spots to pick Perry Tuttle followed by Matt Kofler, Eugene Marve and Van Williams?

I still have hopes for this team. Give me a break.

649062[/snapback]

Compared to this off season? Those are the Golden Years. ;):D

Great. Maybe in five years this will be a great off season? I'm sure the fans in L.A. will have a great time.  :D

649116[/snapback]

The ONLY reason why there is still a professional football team in Buffalo is Ralph Wilson. He could have left many times and made considerable more money than he has in Buffalo

He has had many offers where he turned down sure money. Imagine Western New York without the Bills. Kind of like "It's a Wonderful Live", finding yourself jumping off a bridge on a cold November afternoon because there was never such a thing as the Buffalo Bills and there was nothing to do and Buffalo was little more than Utica.

Ok, maybe that already happened, but at least, we have the Bills.

Tripplett an upgrade? Really? Based on what? His benching by the Colts last season. Royal may be a better blocker then Campbell but he has no hands. He's like Rueben Gant.

Andre Davis? The guy hasn't been able to stay on the field enough to match Josh Reed's numbers.

What would I have done that would put to shame all the moves Marv did. I would have gone out and gotten 1, not all, 1 free agent that would help this team.

I am so tired of all the Levy apoligists who say "Free agency isn't like grocery shopping (or Madden)". "zero sum gain"? No team gets better? Just because the Bills aren't any better doesn't mean other teams don't.

The Dolphins in one years time have left the Bills in their dust. They needed a QB they went and got one. They addressed their needs. Laugh at the Cardinals all you want but James makes them a much better offense then what the Bills have. 

And let's not forget that Marv's first choice for coach quit after one week of working with Marv. MM is a smart man and he can read the writing on the wall. So can Moulds. And soon Spikes and others.

So get excited about the Trippletts, Royals, Daviss and the Nalls. because that's all your going to see in Buffalo for a long time unless Ralph gets a moment of clarity or sells the team. 

649053[/snapback]

I know you are just trying to make a name for yourself here as some hard to please type, but can you stop stroking Miami for signing a cripple for a qb whose former team improved greatly after he got hurt, and might not even start this season? It's embarrassing.

I know you are just trying to make a name for yourself here as some hard to please type, but can you stop stroking Miami for signing a cripple for a qb whose former team improved greatly after he got hurt, and might not even start this season?  It's embarrassing.

649197[/snapback]

I'll take DC crippled over a third string scrub from Green Bay any and every day. If DC plays or not is not the point. It's about a team willing to go out and get the job done. The best thing anyone can say about this off season is that Marv tried to sign a couple restricted free agents. Not good enough.

If TD was still GM and made these same moves you would crucify him. Bills fans are expected to bend over and take it because it's Marv.

The clock on Ralph is ticking. He can pass on tomorrow just as well as a year or two from now. Maybe that's why all this is happening. He gave it a shot and now it's time to save his money for his kids.

The ONLY reason why there is still a professional football team in Buffalo is Ralph Wilson.  He could have left many times and made considerable more money than he has in Buffalo

He has had many offers where he turned down sure money.  Imagine Western New York without the Bills.  Kind of like "It's a Wonderful Live", finding yourself jumping off a bridge on a cold November afternoon because there was never such a thing as the Buffalo Bills and there was nothing to do and Buffalo was little more than Utica.

Ok, maybe that already happened, but at least, we have the Bills.

649132[/snapback]

"many offers"? When? By whom?

The "ONLY" reason? I'm sure the millions and millions of dollars in revenue and tax breaks has nothing to do with it. Or, that he gets yearly upgrades to his stadium without spending a penny.

Sorry Kid. The "we should just be happy" crap doesn't fly. Not when WNY spends millions of tax dollars to keep the Bills happy while closing down schools, laying off cops and firemen.

"many offers"? When? By whom?

The "ONLY" reason? I'm sure the millions and millions of dollars in revenue and tax breaks has nothing to do with it. Or, that he gets yearly upgrades to his stadium without spending a penny. 

Sorry Kid. The "we should just be happy" crap doesn't fly. Not when WNY spends millions of tax dollars to keep the Bills happy while closing down schools, laying off cops and firemen.

649256[/snapback]

But it would be alright if Marv had signed Josh McNown or Jeff Garcia, John Abraham or Trevor Pryce, Steve Hutchinson or Steve Neal, Kevin Shaffer or Kenyatta Walker, Job Putzier or Matt Schobel, Terrell Owens or Antwaan Randle El, Edgerrin James or Jamal Lewis, LeCharles Bentley or Jeff Mitchell, Bart Scott or Paris Lenon, Will Witherspoon or LaVar Arrington, Charles Woodson or Ty Law, Chris Hope or Adam Archuleta, or Adam Vinatieri or Mike Vanderjagt?

Those are/were the top two or three FAs at their position.

How many of those should Marv have signed and would have been enough to make you happy? If he signed all of them would that save one school or one policeman or fireman's job?

If TD was still GM and made these same moves you would crucify him. Bills fans are expected to bend over and take it because it's Marv.

649254[/snapback]

No. Please do not assume what I would think. Bentley and/or Hutchinson were the only players, of who were available, that I would have wanted Buffalo to consider paying big money to this offseason, but I knew right from the beginning that Bentley was going to go to Cleveland, he pretty much said so himself from the beginning. Hutchinson ended up taking a sketchy deal to leave Seattle, but Marv didn't cheat, so he sucks. Yay.

This free agency season was bull sh--. The players available, the money that some teams was spending, the new agreement, everything. And it was obvious from the beginning that it would be. Yet Marv didn't overpay anyone or cheat, so he sucks. Whatever.

If you want to criticize Buffalo for anything, then criticize them for hanging Mularkey out to dry, he should have been let go at the end of the year.