The Bills are fishing.............

Guest dog14787
Makes everybody think the Bills are looking to pick a QB at eight.  Other teams that want to draft a QB will want to move up and make a trade.

Why would the Bills scrap the JP experiment this fast?  Makes no sense.

646353[/snapback]

:angry: Your right, It doesn't make any sense, So theres a chance its smoke screens, remember those famous words "Nobody circles the Wagons like the Buffalo Bills.

:D

I for one would be very upset if its true, I will say this though, Levy is real big on character. It is possible Losman rubbed him the wrong way. Just like Losman rubbed Moulds the wrong way. Time will tell my friend, time will tell.

Guest dog14787

:angry:

I thinking it came directly from Charles Robinson's infected rectum....like most of his "rumors".

646370[/snapback]

:D

Well it makes sense if JP still sucks like he did last year.

Let me pose this question...If JP plays like he did last year,and shows little to no improvement will you all still support him like he's the next Brett Favre? As a lot of people do around here?

Guest dog14787
Well it makes sense if JP still sucks like he did last year.

Let me pose this question...If JP plays like he did last year,and shows little to no improvement will you all still support him like he's the next Brett Favre? As a lot of people do around here?

646461[/snapback]

I'm not sure there are to many people that support him right now. Buffalo is a "what have you done for me lately" kind of city.

In this case its what have you done for me period. My point is J.P. has not been given a fair chance to learn and grow in the NFL.

He deserves a fair chance, and yes, the support from the Bills fan base.

He's got mine. :D

Maybe, Marv, who has been following the Bills for a long time, did not like the pick of JP. Also Marv knows what goes on in the locker room. JP, might have all the physical tools ,but just can not cut it in the personality department.

Makes everybody think the Bills are looking to pick a QB at eight.  Other teams that want to draft a QB will want to move up and make a trade.

646353[/snapback]

I agree with your point of view.

Just like we're not interested in Ngata because he doesn't fit the system or that we're interested in Justice, now JP is in the trade block.

Draft day is coming and you just can't tip your hand. :angry:

646353[/snapback]

unfortunately such a romor is designed to make a team leapfrog the Bills to get teh QB they want-thus forcing a player to drop to the Bills.

What the Bills really need is to trade down themselves- but highly unlikely that will happen on draft day with Marv in charge.

On the one hand, I am hopeful that JP will be a very good quarterback and see some flashes of that. On the other he hasn't BEEN even a good quarterback and there seem to be some "leadership" (?) questions. Given an objective view of the situation, I don't see him as anything any NFL team would want to trade very much for. Many will pick him up if we drop him, I'm sure. If the Bills are "floating a rumor" it would appear to be ill advised. It is gauranteed not to get nibbles, and to further decrease Losman's credibility with the team and give the Bills nothing.

I'm not sure there are to many people that support him right now. Buffalo is a "what have you done for me lately" kind of city.

In this case its what have you done for me period. My point is J.P. has not been given a fair chance to learn and grow in the NFL.

He deserves a fair chance, and yes, the support from the Bills fan base.

He's got mine.  :D

646473[/snapback]

He DESERVES nothing. He shall EARN whatever the outcome.

Ahh...interesting...I like the thought.  Only 1 problem...

Come draft day, if JP is on the roster, nobody will think we are going to draft a QB.

646354[/snapback]

Why not? Wasn't Drew Brees still on the Chargers' roster when they picked Eli Manning?

Why would a team trade away its #1 or #2 quarterback before they're certain that their preferred quarterback is even available to pick? The Chargers actually had that luxury but still didn't take advantage of it.

First off, Losman is, dare I say it, a victim of last year's coaching staff. He was named the starter without earning the job, which is something that even he was uncomfortable with it. As a result, I'm sure his teammates, who have all had to fight to earn their starting spot, did not fully buy in to a QB who was inserted into the mix. That certainly didn't help Losman last year as he tried to keep his starting role. It would also account for any rumoured "team doesn't like him" messages...

As to where things are now, it's kind of silly to think that the Bills would be ready to shuffle him off without even seeing him make one throw live, just based on tape. They just started the offseason conditioning program last week, so it seems far too early for the coaching staff to have assessed his current capabilities. Does that mean that Marv and company are not "testing the trade waters?" Absolutely not. You have a 3 way competition at QB (as Marv and Dick pretty much had said all along...Dick saying no one will be handed the starting job at any position, that it has to be earned, and Marv saying they'd be picking up a 2nd tier Free agent QB to give us 3 (non-NFL Europe) QB's), which means that there are 2 out of 3 outcomes that result in Losman not getting the starting job. Now this doesn't mean that Losman only has a 33% chance of getting the job, but if he can't beat out two other candidates in a practice scenario, then he's not going to cut it as a #1 QB for this offense during the season. If one of those two situations happen (Nall or Holcomb get the starting nod), you need to be ready for plan B. Plan B cannot (or at least shouldn't) include keeping Losman as a number 2 so you have to determine what your other options are. A trade is the best overall option because you get something for him. So where people are complaining that Levy won't get anything for Moulds because it's already clear the Bills will release Moulds, he's taking the opposite tack of looking for trade partners first in case he needs to dump Losman. This rumored "trade scenario" is not about Losman losing the team's confidence before he even steps out on the practice field, it's not about dumping a "TD guy," it's talking hypothetically with other teams to guage interest in anticipation of a possible outcome. This scenario would be completely consistent with everything we've heard from the coaching staff and front office, and I haven't seen them do anything that's inconsistent with what they've said they were going to do.