Now it is starting to make sense...

Now that the Bills are shopping JP, I feel that there is going to be a huge change in Buffalo. If Losman gets traded, the only two quarterbacks on the Bills roster will be Nall and Holcomb. I think that Marv isn't senile enough to start one of them. So, since the Bills aren't going to draft DT or OT @ #8, don't be surprised seeing them draft Vince Young or Jay Cutler. I'd take Vince Young any day of the week, but I'm not sold on Cutler.

Now that the Bills are shopping JP, I feel that there is going to be a huge change in Buffalo. If Losman gets traded, the only two quarterbacks on the Bills roster will be Nall and Holcomb. I think that Marv isn't senile enough to start one of them. So, since the Bills aren't going to draft DT or OT @ #8, don't be surprised seeing them draft Vince Young or Jay Cutler.

Now that the Bills are shopping JP, I feel that there is going to be a huge change in Buffalo.  If Losman gets traded, the only two quarterbacks on the Bills roster will be Nall and Holcomb.  I think that Marv isn't senile enough to start one of them.  So, since the Bills aren't going to draft DT or OT @ #8, don't be surprised seeing them draft Vince Young or Jay Cutler.

646068[/snapback]

Holcomb will not be on the roster in September

I know it's a bold statement, but i said it anyway

Moving Losman would be nothing more than an ego move on Marv's part. I love Marv, and I support him 100% (well, 90% if he gets rid of Losman), but you don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Bring Nall in here, that's fine....keep Holcomb around, I don't care.....but DON'T be dumb enough to get rid of this kid until we know what he is and what he isn't.

Moving Losman would be nothing more than an ego move on Marv's part. I love Marv, and I support him 100% (well, 90% if he gets rid of Losman), but you don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Bring Nall in here, that's fine....keep Holcomb around, I don't care.....but DON'T be dumb enough to get rid of this kid until we know what he is and what he isn't.

646090[/snapback]

Yea, now that I think about it, Losman did really good comared to qbs in their rookie year (palmer, a.smith,leftweich,etc...) and he didn't even have that many reps!

Yeah cause we only need 2 QB's on the roster.

Lets get this straight for once and for all

BUFFALO IS GOING TO HAVE A COMPETITION FOR THE STARTING JOB BETWEEN THE 3 QB'S CURRENTLY ON THEIR ROSTER. THOSE BEING JPL, NALL AND HOLCOMB. ONE WILL GET THE STARTING SPOT, ONE WILL GET THE BACKUP JOB, AND THE THIRD WILL GET MATTHEWS VISOR AND CLIPBOARD AND GET A PAYCHECK TO SIT IN THE BEST SEATS IN THE STADIUM.

BUFFALO WILL NOT BE DRAFTING CUTLER, YOUNG OR LIENART THIS YEAR. THERE IS A BETTER CHANCE OF THE BILLS DRAFTING A PUNTER AT #8 THEN A QB

If Marv deals away JP or does draft a QB in the first round, I will no longer have confidence he can do the job and evaluate players and will probably stop watching this team until they get a new front office

i thing that JP not be traded because we don't recovery the 2 picks in the first round that pay for his. And JP is a good guy that in your firts year had a problems with healt and in the second season with a bad line not could show the potential that had.

i believe that this year will be a good for JP. ;)

i thing that JP not be traded because we don't recovery the 2 picks in the first round that pay for his.  And JP is a good guy that in your firts year had a problems with healt and in the second season with a bad line not could show the potential that had.

i believe that this year will be a good for JP. ;)

646105[/snapback]

rewrite and rephrase that please

646090[/snapback]

Marv may have already decided on Losman, though. I'm glad he's making this move, but he will be judged harshly if Losman becomes good elsewhere.

Marv may have already decided on Losman, though.  I'm glad he's making this move, but he will be judged harshly if Losman becomes good elsewhere.

646129[/snapback]

Yeah, I fear he's already decided too.....it just smells like an ego move to me, you know? Marv wants to be credible as a GM, so he's going to get rid of TD's more controversial moves and bring his own guy in here. If this were Joey Harrington, it would make much more sense. But JP is not only still an unknown, he showed some flashes last year....he's also developing a real nice deep ball with a certain #83.

Geesh, I'm sick to my stomach thinking about JP not being here....

Now that the Bills are shopping JP, I feel that there is going to be a huge change in Buffalo.  If Losman gets traded, the only two quarterbacks on the Bills roster will be Nall and Holcomb.  I think that Marv isn't senile enough to start one of them.  So, since the Bills aren't going to draft DT or OT @ #8, don't be surprised seeing them draft Vince Young or Jay Cutler. I'd take Vince Young any day of the week, but I'm not sold on Cutler.

646068[/snapback]

Don't think they'd take Cutler... but I can see them taking Young if he's the only elite player to drop & they think everyone else is a reach at #8.

I've been saying all along, you don't get rid of JP until you are certain as to what you have. If you're already certain he's no good, then his best trade value would be now, since if he's not any good, he will end up being the 3rd string and then his value decreases. Now, people (other teams) haven't seen enough of him to say for certain he's never gonna be any good.

That being said, this whole thing could be nothing but rumors and the Bill's have no intent to trade him. But if they do, then I'd have to believe there are alot more locker room issues with him than anything else as 8 games insn't enough to determine if he can physically and mentally compete in the NFL. And by trading him now, you can try to convice other teams it is more of a thing of "not being Marv's guy" and that's why you're dumping him. The longer it waits the less his value would be.

Maybe the Moulds issue plays into this. EM will not play on a team with JP. Maybe Marv is seeing what JP will bring and EM will renegotiate if JP is gone. Then things endup like this:

EM at reduced salary and a fair #1 or possession WR

JP gone and either draft choices or people ( OL, DL) . JW anyone? GB did want JP

Vince or Cutler

Wow, I can't believe how much speculation is going on.

I'm a JP supporter but who knows? I wish Marv would move on something

;)

And here I didn't think the posts in TSW could get any dumber.... Are you people for real? Hell, the rumors on JPs attitude and, now, getting traded are probably coming from your endless, and maniacal rantings.

Get a grip.

There is NO WAY Losman gets dumped. The QBs that we have now are the QBs that we are going to go with. Even if Losman was to be terrible in camp then all that would happen would be Nall and Holcomb ( I believe that Nall would start) battling for the starter position while the other backs him. Losman is then delegated to being the 3rd stringer until he could get his head out of his @$$. If by the end of the year Losman hasn't made significate strides THEN he may be disposed of. Expect a trade down with our first pick this year unless by some miracle Ferguson were to slip to us. I'd be mildly surprised if we were to take Huff, Hawk or Davis with this pick but, then again, you never know.

First off, Losman is, dare I say it, a victim of last year's coaching staff. He was named the starter without earning the job, which is something that even he was uncomfortable with it. As a result, I'm sure his teammates, who have all had to fight to earn their starting spot, did not fully buy in to a QB who was inserted into the mix. That certainly didn't help Losman last year as he tried to keep his starting role. It would also account for any rumoured "team doesn't like him" messages...

As to where things are now, it's kind of silly to think that the Bills would be ready to shuffle him off without even seeing him make one throw live, just based on tape. They just started the offseason conditioning program last week, so it seems far too early for the coaching staff to have assessed his current capabilities. Does that mean that Marv and company are not "testing the trade waters?" Absolutely not. You have a 3 way competition at QB (as Marv and Dick pretty much had said all along...Dick saying no one will be handed the starting job at any position, that it has to be earned, and Marv saying they'd be picking up a 2nd tier Free agent QB to give us 3 (non-NFL Europe) QB's), which means that there are 2 out of 3 outcomes that result in Losman not getting the starting job. Now this doesn't mean that Losman only has a 33% chance of getting the job, but if he can't beat out two other candidates in a practice scenario, then he's not going to cut it as a #1 QB for this offense during the season. If one of those two situations happen (Nall or Holcomb get the starting nod), you need to be ready for plan B. Plan B cannot (or at least shouldn't) include keeping Losman as a number 2 so you have to determine what your other options are. A trade is the best overall option because you get something for him. So where people are complaining that Levy won't get anything for Moulds because it's already clear the Bills will release Moulds, he's taking the opposite tack of looking for trade partners first in case he needs to dump Losman. This rumored "trade scenario" is not about Losman losing the team's confidence before he even steps out on the practice field, it's not about dumping a "TD guy," it's talking hypothetically with other teams to guage interest in anticipation of a possible outcome. This scenario would be completely consistent with everything we've heard from the coaching staff and front office, and I haven't seen them do anything that's inconsistent with what they've said they were going to do.

First off, Losman is, dare I say it, a victim of last year's coaching staff.  He was named the starter without earning the job, which is something that even he was uncomfortable with it.  As a result, I'm sure his teammates, who have all had to fight to earn their starting spot, did not fully buy in to a QB who was inserted into the mix.  That certainly didn't help Losman last year as he tried to keep his starting role.  It would also account for any rumoured "team doesn't like him" messages...

As to where things are now, it's kind of silly to think that the Bills would be ready to shuffle him off without even seeing him make one throw live, just based on tape.  They just started the offseason conditioning program last week, so it seems far too early for the coaching staff to have assessed his current capabilities.  Does that mean that Marv and company are not "testing the trade waters?"  Absolutely not.  You have a 3 way competition at QB (as Marv and Dick pretty much had said all along...Dick saying no one will be handed the starting job at any position, that it has to be earned, and Marv saying they'd be picking up a 2nd tier Free agent QB to give us 3 (non-NFL Europe) QB's), which means that there are 2 out of 3 outcomes that result in Losman not getting the starting job.  Now this doesn't mean that Losman only has a 33% chance of getting the job, but if he can't beat out two other candidates in a practice scenario, then he's not going to cut it as a #1 QB for this offense during the season.  If one of those two situations happen (Nall or Holcomb get the starting nod), you need to be ready for plan B.  Plan B cannot (or at least shouldn't) include keeping Losman as a number 2 so you have to determine what your other options are.  A trade is the best overall option because you get something for him.  So where people are complaining that Levy won't get anything for Moulds because it's already clear the Bills will release Moulds, he's taking the opposite tack of looking for trade partners first in case he needs to dump Losman.  This rumored "trade scenario" is not about Losman losing the team's confidence before he even steps out on the practice field, it's not about dumping a "TD guy," it's talking hypothetically with other teams to guage interest in anticipation of a possible outcome. This scenario would be completely consistent with everything we've heard from the coaching staff and front office, and I haven't seen them do anything that's inconsistent with what they've said they were going to do.

646713[/snapback]

LOL good man.

Yeah cause we only need 2 QB's on the roster.

Lets get this straight for once and for all

BUFFALO IS GOING TO HAVE A COMPETITION FOR THE STARTING JOB BETWEEN THE 3 QB'S CURRENTLY ON THEIR ROSTER. THOSE BEING JPL, NALL AND HOLCOMB. ONE WILL GET THE STARTING SPOT, ONE WILL GET THE BACKUP JOB, AND THE THIRD WILL GET MATTHEWS VISOR AND CLIPBOARD AND GET A PAYCHECK TO SIT IN THE BEST SEATS IN THE STADIUM.

BUFFALO WILL NOT BE DRAFTING CUTLER, YOUNG OR LIENART THIS YEAR. THERE IS A BETTER CHANCE OF THE BILLS DRAFTING A PUNTER AT #8 THEN A QB

If Marv deals away JP or does draft a QB in the first round, I will no longer have confidence he can do the job and evaluate players and will probably stop watching this team until they get a new front office

646100[/snapback]

I think the only two positions that would be suprising for us in the first round would be a running back or a punter. I think the rest would not be that suprising, especially at quarterback.