Serious question

Please Coach and Keg don't make this political.  I would like to keep to the serious topic of cows and their farts.  I have now learned that it is all mammals and feel bad for cows. 

This is not a political argument.  Democrats and Republicans need to discuss if we as people should exterminate all mammals from the planet so that it remains safe for insects, plants, humans, reptiles, birds, snakes, dogs, cats, and amphibians.  It would not be a pretty thing to do, but it may be necessary.  In the short term, it could help refrigeration companies which will help the economy.

645406[/snapback]

Right now I am pretty angry at the people in India, they don't eat enough cows, and are contributing to global warming. But you are right about cows getting an undue amount of blame. Cows should be trained to eat mammals.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a good plan, unless eating beef gives you the toots.

645378[/snapback]

Stop taking the focus off the cows. This is why we have global warming. People keep forgetting about the cows. B-)

EAT A COW AND SAVE THE PLANET!!

Right now I am pretty angry at the people in India, they don't eat enough cows, and are contributing to global warming. But you are right about cows getting an undue amount of blame. Cows should be trained to eat mammals.

645416[/snapback]

Does duplicate posting lead to global warming? Some kind of gas must be released when you hit the add reply button.

Wow, what flavor koolaide did they give you?

645386[/snapback]

The fact it, he's right. The earth wrams, the earth cools. Its cyclical. Kinda like the increased hurricane activity cycle we are in the middle of right now. Sure humans arent helping the problem, but to say WE are causing warming is laughable.

The fact it, he's right. The earth wrams, the earth cools. Its cyclical. Kinda like the increased hurricane activity cycle we are in the middle of right now. Sure humans arent helping the problem, but to say WE are causing warming is laughable.

645434[/snapback]

At least we can do something about it. Eat Chunky Cow Soup.

I saw a program recently that tried to connect the various disappearances of aircraft and ships in the Bermuda Triangle to methane discharges from the sea floor. Large gas bubbles were able to overturn ships, and once released into the air they made an airplanes instrumentation go to pot. Now ieat has me thinking, are whales to blame for the Bermuda Triangle? I would have to assume that a flock of whales can cut loose some serious gas. Someone should investigate.

At least we can do something about it. Eat Chunky Cow Soup.

645440[/snapback]

While you laugh it up, some people are making contigency plans.

Link

My question is if the cows and other mammals caused the problem in the first place, why not exclude them from the return trip? Just bring back humans, reptiles, plants, etc. We would not want to start the process all over again.

645416[/snapback]

Leave the Dakota Sioux out of this! B-)

I saw a program recently that tried to connect the various disappearances of aircraft and ships in the Bermuda Triangle to methane discharges from the sea floor.  Large gas bubbles were able to overturn ships, and once released into the air they made an airplanes instrumentation go to pot.  Now ieat has me thinking, are whales to blame for the Bermuda Triangle?  I would have to assume that a flock of whales can cut loose some serious gas.  Someone should investigate.

645442[/snapback]

Whales have nothing to do with it. Mammals create methane. I have not seen anything indicating fish are to blame.

Also, fish are in the ocean, not on Earth, so global warming would not impact them. The bermuda triangle is a myth easily explained by mathematics.

While you laugh it up, some people are making contigency plans. 

Link

My question is if the cows and other mammals caused the problem in the first place, why not exclude them from the return trip?  Just bring back humans, reptiles, plants, etc.  We would not want to start the process all over again.

645444[/snapback]

How would we all enjoy a Cheeseburger without cows?

But, I agree cows are the problem and need to be dealt with. (they are plotting a world takeover, but thats another story for another day)

How would we all enjoy a Cheeseburger without cows?

But, I agree cows are the problem and need to be dealt with. (they are plotting a world takeover, but thats another story for another day)

645464[/snapback]

It seems this thread has brought in all the loonies. World takeover? B-) They're cows.

Giant fish farts cause planes to go down? :doh:

Our planet has gone through hot and cold cycles for millions of years, to blame Humans or cows for the current warming trend is absurd.

But never the less I try and eat plenty of cows.

645329[/snapback]

You're right, the planet has fluctuated between periods of hot and cold for millions and millions of years. The problem is that there is pretty strong evidence that the atmospheric concentration of "greenhouse" gases (CO2, Methane, CO, etc.) is increasing steadily and has been especially since the industrial revolution. Now, there is no definitive link that says this fact automatically causes global warming. It could just be a change in earth's climate patterns. Even if this is the case, I feel like the increase in these gases in the atmosphere (which can be directly linked to human activity) sure as hell won't help the situation.

Some people brush it off as nonsense but that just isn't the case. The earth IS getting warmer and avg temperatures are increasing. The debate should be more about the relationship between greenhouse gases and the earth's warming trend, not merely if its happening. Even for those who think 100% it's just a climate trend, be aware that many processes in nature (carbon cycle, nitrogen cycle, etc) are delicate processes that have finite limits in their rates of turnover. If we keep putting more and more "stuff" into them, it will continue to accumulate. Bottom line is that driving SUVs or running factories won't throw the world into a "the day after tomorrow" situation, but our actions do have the potential to change the dynamics of some of these cycles, producing unpredictable results.

You're right, the planet has fluctuated between periods of hot and cold for millions and millions of years. The problem is that there is pretty strong evidence that the atmospheric concentration of "greenhouse" gases (CO2, Methane, CO, etc.) is increasing steadily and has been especially since the industrial revolution. Now, there is no definitive link that says this fact automatically causes global warming. It could just be a change in earth's climate patterns. Even if this is the case, I feel like the increase in these gases in the atmosphere (which can be directly linked to human activity) sure as hell won't help the situation.

Some people brush it off as nonsense but that just isn't the case. The earth IS getting warmer and avg temperatures are increasing. The debate should be more about the relationship between greenhouse gases and the earth's warming trend, not merely if its happening. Even for those who think 100% it's just a climate trend, be aware that many processes in nature (carbon cycle, nitrogen cycle, etc) are delicate processes that have finite limits in their rates of turnover. If we keep putting more and more "stuff" into them, it will continue to accumulate. Bottom line is that driving SUVs or running factories won't throw the world into a "the day after tomorrow" situation, but our actions do have the potential to change the dynamics of some of these cycles, producing unpredictable results.

645477[/snapback]

Why blame people? Why not cows, or mammals in general? People aren't farting all of this methane. Mammals are.

Wouldn't all the methane cranked out by SUVs and factories for 100 years, pale in comparison to millions of years of cow farts?

Should we shut all of our factories? Wouldn't exterminating cows and all mammals be easier and more productive?

I thought you were on the side of the cows, now you want them all slaughtered?  Sure, they won't be mad anymore, but how will the chickens feel?

645492[/snapback]

The chickens don't have time to worry about cows, they are focused on the Avian Flu.

Why blame people?  Why not cows, or mammals in general?  People aren't farting all of this methane.  Mammals are. 

Wouldn't all the methane cranked out by SUVs and factories for 100 years, pale in comparison to millions of years of cow farts?

Should we shut all of our factories?  Wouldn't exterminating cows and all mammals be easier and more productive?

645485[/snapback]

Carbon Dioxide is the most significant greenhouse gas. I think methane holds more heat per unit but has a relatively tiny component in the atmosphere.

I thought you were on the side of the cows, now you want them all slaughtered?  Sure, they won't be mad anymore, but how will the chickens feel?

645492[/snapback]

I just think it is unfair that all the article mention cows. In that regard, I feel bad for them. I don't want to slaughter all the cows, but we might have to do it. If we do, I say we slaughter ALL MAMMALS to make the earth safe for humans.

Carbon Dioxide is the most significant greenhouse gas. I think methane holds more heat per unit but has a relatively tiny component in the atmosphere.

645501[/snapback]

Finally the real culprit! The rainforests of the world give off more CO2 than all other parts combined. Level the rainforests and our problems are solved. As an added bonus you get to have stake for dinner.

645501[/snapback]

Millions of cows, chickens and other mammals.....millions of years, not much methane?

A hundred years of cars and planes. Lots of CO2?

Something doesn't add up.

P.S. Don't trees produce CO2? I'm not sure, but I think there are more trees in the world than cars. It's probably at least pretty close.

645492[/snapback]

I am tired of ieatcrayonz flip-flopping on the cow problem. Ronald Reagan warned us about cow farting and global warming years ago, so now it is time to pay attention, first we go after the cows, and then we go after the trees. Some people want to blame sea mammals like sharks.